Wiki Posts
Search

YUL international lounge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, AAdvantage
YUL international lounge?

I will arrive from Toronto at 13:15 and leave for Istanbul at 23:05. Quite the layover, isn't it? Is the international lounge open that late? Is there a quiet area with desks? It'd be nice to do a regular workday, there.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:49 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Wow 10 hr overlay! You should get check-in at a hotel and relax there. There are some hotels with "day rate" but I'm not sure how that works.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Waste of money IMO. I'd be fine with working. Some lounges have real nice quiet areas, separate room or a separate set of ... cubicles? I guess that'd be a word.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
The domestic lounge has cubicles, and is definitely open the whole time.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 1:24 pm

Earlier this year I arrived from YYZ at 18:00 and had to wait for that same TK flight. The MLL was closed, and at check-in with TK I was told they had an arrangement with some bank's lounge (Banque National?). We waited several hours there and it was a mighty poor excuse for a lounge: hardly anything to eat, small drinks selection, limited seating. Not much space for working unless you're happy with your laptop on your knees.

The one thing that made up for it was the 8 hours we got to spend in the TK Business Lounge at IST, which IMHO is the world's best. The layover was for a cnx to SIN and we enjoyed every minute.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow
The domestic lounge has cubicles, and is definitely open the whole time.
Moo thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2015, 4:53 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by chx1975
Waste of money IMO. I'd be fine with working. Some lounges have real nice quiet areas, separate room or a separate set of ... cubicles? I guess that'd be a word.
The International MLL is currently under renovations, and setup in a temporary area. It's one big lounge room, and I don't believe they have a separate business cubicle area currently. AC has used the Bank National lounge occasionally for overflow, but it's the same idea - rows of chairs, and can be quite cramped sometimes.

As Canadiancow mentioned, the Domestic lounge is your best option for a "quieter" area to work.

And yes, IST has the best lounge, I've happily spent a 10-hour workday in there.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Absolute
The International MLL is currently under renovations, and setup in a temporary area. It's one big lounge room, and I don't believe they have a separate business cubicle area currently.
No cubicles, but there is a pseudo-open long table work area with power ports.

But yeah, YUL Domestic MLL best bet for "work".
Old Oct 8, 2015, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Well this is a few months off yet (I am planning a lot, a transatlantic trip is no joke) but I guess domestic it is.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 5:35 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by yyznomad
No cubicles, but there is a pseudo-open long table work area with power ports.
Aha; last time I was in after working hours, and used it with others as a table to eat on

Originally Posted by chx1975
Well this is a few months off yet (I am planning a lot, a transatlantic trip is no joke) but I guess domestic it is.
The MLL Itn'l renovations are supposed to take 12-18 months, so it will probably still be the temporary lounge, unless you travel next summer/fall.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.