Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Are Aeroplan awards even bookable now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 10:57 pm
Original Poster

I see lot of complaints already posted here and apologize for yet another post. Problem is I have not seen many successes posted and am beginning to think I am just wasting my time.

I have been trying for a couple of days to book an award. The website is down as often as not and errors out before booking when it's up. Call center never answers as far as I can tell--sometimes closed, sometimes a busy signal, sometimes an indefinite hold.

I have no status. Is there a workaround? Am I unlucky? Or is there simply no way to book?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
The website is usually up and running for at least half of the day.

If the itinerary cannot be booked online, I generally suggest calling one of the AC/AE numbers outside NA (e.g. UK) which have much better wait times.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I booked one earlier today. What problem are you having?
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I booked one earlier today. What problem are you having?
Well, right now the AE site is down (daily downtime I guess ) and the AE call center is probably closed right now.

I'd suggest trying again during regular business hours.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 11:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Well, right now the AE site is down (daily downtime I guess ) and the AE call center is probably closed right now.

I'd suggest trying again during regular business hours.
Well duh it's after 9pm PDT. You expect it to be open? Sheesh.

But I mean in general, I had no problem booking online earlier today. Well I couldn't get my child meal, but that's on AC, not AP
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The website is usually up and running for at least half of the day.

If the itinerary cannot be booked online, I generally suggest calling one of the AC/AE numbers outside NA (e.g. UK) which have much better wait times.
From posts here, none of the AC numbers anywhere will book awards. Incorrect?

I did see a UK Aeroplan number (which I can't see now because the site is down...). From the listing I assumed it was just forwarding to Canada call center. Incorrect?
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by flyingbrick
From posts here, none of the AC numbers anywhere will book awards. Incorrect?

I did see a UK Aeroplan number (which I can't see now because the site is down...). From the listing I assumed it was just forwarding to Canada call center. Incorrect?
Yes, incorrect on both counts.

Some of the AC call centers outside NA are contracted to handle AE awards. Afaik none of them have access to the priority rewards for Es/SEs and cannot handle YQ waivers for elites (or any overly complex matters), but they can certainly handle regular award bookings.

In some cases any agent can deal with them while in some cases you need to call the designated Aeroplan number.

But either way, I'd wait a few hours and try to book the award online or call the NA# during regular office hours.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:17 am

Programs: Qantas Silver, MileagePlus Silver
I'm seeing a lot of phantom availability lately. If you call the North American number, they have a call back option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.