Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cheap Western Canada Flight Pass

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: AC S100K
Missed this one.

But in case AC cares, I'll buy the full price Flex version if they throw a few extra eUps at me. Just sayin'.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:27 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by Absolute
And the entire FP website is down - I can't even access my existing FP's to book a flight.
Hopefully not for too long . . . I have bookings to make as well on my unlimited FP . . .
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:39 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
So bummed I missed out on this, what a killer deal. Wonder whether AC will honour it or try to cancel the ones that did go through.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
Hopefully not for too long . . . I have bookings to make as well on my unlimited FP . . .

Site is up and prices back to whatever they were before the universe imploded
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:29 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Any opinions as to how likely Air Canada is to honour the purchase? I suppose we'll find out over the next few days...
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by ywgckp
Any opinions as to how likely Air Canada is to honour the purchase? I suppose we'll find out over the next few days...
I've been thinking about this all night. These aren't tickets that have been ticketed yet either. So they don't have to honor them I guess.

If I were some of you who bought one successfully, I'd go book out your 5 RT's, like now...at least they'd be ticketed then, right?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
I've been thinking about this all night. These aren't tickets that have been ticketed yet either. So they don't have to honor them I guess.

If I were some of you who bought one successfully, I'd go book out your 5 RT's, like now...at least they'd be ticketed then, right?
I think they've locked them down. I have two passes - one for myself, and one for my wife. I was able to book one flight on my pass, but I can't book any others (I get an error message at the last step). My wife's pass now has a message saying she can't book any flights for 24 hours until "purchasing procedures" are finalized, which I've never seen before.

They do include flights to the US, and the DOT rules in the US have been fairly accommodating. Hopefully Air Canada realizes the smart PR move is honour the passes and move on.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I think they've locked them down. I have two passes - one for myself, and one for my wife. I was able to book one flight on my pass, but I can't book any others (I get an error message at the last step). My wife's pass now has a message saying she can't book any flights for 24 hours until "purchasing procedures" are finalized, which I've never seen before.

They do include flights to the US, and the DOT rules in the US have been fairly accommodating. Hopefully Air Canada realizes the smart PR move is honour the passes and move on.
Dammit. I came upon this conclusion too late. I guess they don't have to honour it? So perhaps based on this post, if you haven't booked a ticket, you're screwed.

AC doesn't give a rats behind about PR moves. They don't give a crap about crap even. They just want to make as much money as possible, which is fair. But AC caring about image? Uhh no. They could give a bottom about how they "appear".
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:57 pm

My pass - I booked one flight immediately after purchasing, and now when I try to book others, I get as far as the last step before getting an error.

My wife's pass - the option to book a flight is greyed out, with this error message: "Important: Your flight credits will be available for booking 24 hours after purchase, once purchase procedures have been finalized."

I've used other flight passes before, and I don't remember having to wait 24 hours, and I didn't have to wait with the first pass I purchased tonight.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 10:58 pm
Suspended

My pass - I booked one flight immediately after purchasing, and now when I try to book others, I get as far as the last step before getting an error.

My wife's pass - the option to book a flight is greyed out, with this error message: "Important: Your flight credits will be available for booking 24 hours after purchase, once purchase procedures have been finalized."

I've used other flight passes before, and I don't remember having to wait 24 hours, and I didn't have to wait with the first pass I purchased tonight.
Moi aussi. I am wishing for the best for those of you who snagged the thing I could not.

I've never seen the issue you're seeing - ever.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:11 pm

Programs: SE100k
Hopefully Air Canada realizes the smart PR move is honour the passes and move on.
As unpopular as my 2 cents will be worth -
knowing it's an IT error, and knowing the correct price is truly 6x higher, I wouldn't do it because I'd know it's dishonest. And some poor slob will likely lose his job over this.

If I were AC, I'd simply issue a full refund to everyone who attempted to purchase the passes during the glitch.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by wild1
knowing it's an IT error, and knowing the correct price is truly 6x higher, I wouldn't do it because I'd know it's dishonest. And some poor slob will likely lose his job over this.

If I were AC, I'd simply issue a full refund to everyone who attempted to purchase the passes during the glitch.
Mistake fares happen all the time. And let's be honest, whoever messed this up may or may not lose their job, but either way, might as well take advantage of it?

I doubt it's an IT error. I think it's a fare loading error.

PS How is it dishonest? There's no lie, no deception. AC sold a product for $X, consumers chose to take advantage of it. No one's cheating anyone of anything here.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:14 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
It makes national news (TV, Print, Top of Facebook, etc) for weeks when Air Canada simply implements a policy that has always existed, ie: Carry-on.

Can you even imagine what they would go through if they took away something that they actually sold to people honestly?

We all know that CBC / CTV or whoever loves to harp on Air Canada for things that are probably not their fault, they even do 20 minute interviews with people who miss their flights and need to buy new ones.

If they actually took these away, from people who have honestly bought them and paid for them and the consumer protection act etc is on the consumer's side........ oh man I cannot even imagine the media Sh*t storm that would happen for months. Heck it would probably come back up every year for a decade.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sean Peever
It makes national news (TV, Print, Top of Facebook, etc) for weeks when Air Canada simply implements a policy that has always existed, ie: Carry-on.

Can you even imagine what they would go through if they took away something that they actually sold to people honestly?

We all know that CBC / CTV or whoever loves to harp on Air Canada for things that are probably not their fault, they even do 20 minute interviews with people who miss their flights and need to buy new ones.

If they actually took these away, from people who have honestly bought them and paid for them and the consumer protection act etc is on the consumer's side........ oh man I cannot even imagine the media Sh*t storm that would happen for months. Heck it would probably come back up every year for a decade.
Have no fear. In light of this incident, they'll ask us to bend over more for Altitude 2016. Either way, they'll win
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Originally Posted by wild1

Businesses cannot simply do a full refund if they no longer like the price they sold it for. (if the product no longer existed, ie: air Canada stopped flying planes that carry pax that would be a different story).

But there are many laws and regulations that prevent businesses from simply going "oh, I didn't like the price I sold this to you for so I'm going to cancel it now".

If such rules and regulations didn't exist then every online retailer would simply cancel and refund every order for a product when they sold out and raise the price and try to sell it again - which to be clear you can't do.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.