Wiki Posts
Search

eStore miles didn't show up

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 11:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

eStore miles didn't show up

Anyone know how to escalate this situation from past experience?

7,500 miles owed to me. They apparently don't feel like paying.

Waited the 8 weeks: nothing.
Used web reporting tool: nothing
Phoned in, support guy 1 said we'd fix it. Nothing.
2 weeks later, call in again, support guy 2 said we're escalating it. Nothing.
3 weeks later, call in again, support line sounds different and it's Aeroplan support. Guy says nothing he can do but he'll forward to another team. His forwarding goes right back into Aeroplan support. New guy says well there is nothing they can do, try emailing [email protected]

I send email to [email protected] ... no response.

I am a total of 4 months into the merry chase.

None of the above even confirms they have your issue. It's just a black hole. First support staff gave me a ticket number but now they don't seem to even be able to access it now. Last guy said, "I can't view a ticket, I can't change a ticket, I can't create a ticket for that."

So, at wits end. I want my miles. The thing I bought doesn't even fricking work right and I'd have never used TigerDirect (don't use TigerDirect).
Old Aug 16, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I run into this problem all the time. Certainly if you have an ad blocker installed it can contribute. My e-mails to [email protected] use the following format:

Invoice Date : May 1st, 2015
eStore partner : Apple Canada
price : $1,789.76
Aeroplan number: xxx-xxx-xxx

I'm expecting my base miles, 2x mile promo and 3x dDistinction bonus.
Along with an attached invoice. It usually takes 1 - 3 weeks to get a response from them, and I get the miles credited.

Not worth calling in about this, as they can't do anything. Also if you're returning the item to Tiger Direct, then the miles would get clawed back anyway.
Old Aug 16, 2015, 11:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

It's too late for me to return this... it's a large format Xerox scanner and it needs constant hovering for jams, won't reliably pull sheets through so I need to prop the input tray up to increase the angle and make it easier. Sometimes it decides on its own that the scanning job is finished. Horrific windows software means the scan hardware is faster than whatever buffers are set up so even though it's rocket fast when it is working it will run into limited buffer space and halt. Whereupon it is a coin flip if it will decide to resume once the buffer is cleared.

I'd return it if I could but it's way too late.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.