Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rouge exit row 19 warning

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 11:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
Whoever flies Rouge deserves anything that's coming to them.
If someone books a preferred seat then they should at least know that they were moved. Preferred seats also aren't free (unless you have status). I'm fine with Rouge Plus and PR, but i'm not fine in a standard seat. So please explain, why do I deserve what's coming to me?
Old May 20, 2015, 12:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Thanks for the relevant and useful comment.
Old May 20, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
If someone books a preferred seat then they should at least know that they were moved. Preferred seats also aren't free (unless you have status). I'm fine with Rouge Plus and PR, but i'm not fine in a standard seat. So please explain, why do I deserve what's coming to me?
Because, as our friendly agent will tell you, "seat assignments within a class of service are never guaranteed", and the only redress for a dishonoured seat assignment is a refund of the fee. When I fly mainline, I know that if my bulkhead seat is not honoured, I end up in a 31"-32" pitch seat, and that's OK. When you fly Rouge, you know that if your plus seat is not honoured, you end up in a 29" pitch seat. If that happens, you have no basis to complain. Your fault for supporting a business model designed to minimize passenger comfort while still charging mainline prices. No sympathy from me (and never setting foot on Rouge either).
Old May 20, 2015, 2:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Because, as our friendly agent will tell you, "seat assignments within a class of service are never guaranteed", and the only redress for a dishonoured seat assignment is a refund of the fee. When I fly mainline, I know that if my bulkhead seat is not honoured, I end up in a 31"-32" pitch seat, and that's OK. When you fly Rouge, you know that if your plus seat is not honoured, you end up in a 29" pitch seat. If that happens, you have no basis to complain. Your fault for supporting a business model designed to minimize passenger comfort while still charging mainline prices. No sympathy from me (and never setting foot on Rouge either).
I get your argument. I still think AC should figure out a way to let you know ahead of time, but yes, I agree. However your original post was still a bit rude imo.

Last edited by superangrypenguin; May 20, 2015 at 2:38 pm
Old May 20, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-ac-forum.html
Old May 20, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Whatever happens to Mauricio23, Mauricio23 deserves it?!

Many people bought tickets for mainline AC, and had it switched to rough rogue.

Many people booked reward tickets on mainline AC, and had it switched to rough rogue. Many people booked reward tickets, costing the same number of points as mainline AC flights, even though the direct route only has rough rogue. A lot of people did not want it, but AC underhandedly got them into it.
Old May 20, 2015, 4:59 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I *think* I have noticed lower fares or greater tango availability to California from YVR since they rouged it.
Old May 20, 2015, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
For 2x2, I'm guessing because what used to be row 4 is now row 12 or something? What I do know if row 4 which used to be Rouge plus is now not row 4 and emergency rows are now 18 and 19 on the planes with 2x2 seating on the 319. This info is from an AC employee.

Also to the OP:
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Air...e_A319_new.php

Row 19 isn't a preferred seat

So, you are correct, none of the 319 versions on seatguru have row 19 as the exit row! I usually check seat guru but I guess I didn't think I had to confirm the AC seatmap - mistake

However - still confused since booking 1848 tomorrow - the seatmap shows row 19 as the preferred exit row - someone else is going to be disappointed...

Old May 20, 2015, 8:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by yvr_amm
So, you are correct, none of the 319 versions on seatguru have row 19 as the exit row! I usually check seat guru but I guess I didn't think I had to confirm the AC seatmap - mistake

However - still confused since booking 1848 tomorrow - the seatmap shows row 19 as the preferred exit row - someone else is going to be disappointed...

Maybe because this fin is one of the newer ones with 2x2 J with row 4 being replaced by row 12? Not sure but best guess!
Old May 22, 2015, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by yscleo

Many people booked reward tickets on mainline AC, and had it switched to rough rogue. Many people booked reward tickets, costing the same number of points as mainline AC flights, even though the direct route only has rough rogue. A lot of people did not want it, but AC underhandedly got them into it.
That is absolutely not what I said. I think the rouging of tickets was one of the sleaziest commercial practices AC pulled on its customers. I am talking of people who willingly book rouge and are fully aware of what the product consists of.

Last edited by Mauricio23; May 22, 2015 at 11:02 am
Old May 22, 2015, 2:48 am

I get your argument. I still think AC should figure out a way to let you know ahead of time, but yes, I agree. However your original post was still a bit rude imo.
Perhaps. My apologies if I offended your sensibilities.

I understand people wanting to pay as little as possible and not minding torture-like conditions - more power to them. However, I have little patience for people complaining about the torture-like conditions when they knew in advance what they were getting themselves into. By supporting the customer-punishing ways of Rouge, they make life miserable for themselves *and for everybody else* - if nothing else by reducing the set of decent travel choices available. No sympathy from me.
Old May 22, 2015, 5:28 am

Programs: AC -SE, SPG-PLT, HH-G, Natl XcElite
Paid $42 to put a friend into 19F thinking it was exit row. (YYZ - LAS) Well that was money down the drain. Thanks AC!!!

Maybe getting your seatmap right and not ripping off your customers on a daily basis would be a good start to becoming the world class airline that you want to be.
Old May 22, 2015, 8:50 am

For reference, 10 of 20 rouge A319s have been converted to the new configuration. The remainder will be converted by mid June.
Old May 22, 2015, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ac-YUL
For reference, 10 of 20 rouge A319s have been converted to the new configuration. The remainder will be converted by mid June.
Thanks!

I don't think I have any rouge flights coming up until then, so my next time on board might be in a nice seat
Old May 22, 2015, 12:58 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by yscleo

That is absolutely not what I said. I think the rouging of tickets was one of the sleaziest commercial practices AC pulled on its customers. I am talking of people who willingly book rouge and are fully aware of what the product consists of.
Maybe you think you didn't say that, but this is what Mauricio23 said:

AC is happily pocketing more money from those who thought they are paying for a better seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.