Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-order meals, valet service?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Pre-order meals, valet service?

SD today was talking about some new benefits on AC: pre-ordering meals in J, and valet plane-to-fast-track customs/immigration. He assured me he knew it wasn't still April 1st. Anyone have more info?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:38 am

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Tax Dude
SD today was talking about some new benefits on AC: pre-ordering meals in J, and valet plane-to-fast-track customs/immigration. He assured me he knew it wasn't still April 1st. Anyone have more info?
I too heard about pre-ordering meals in J from an SD two weeks ago. Sadly I don't have any other details.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Andrew mentioned something about his team looking at preordering meals and the valet thing was mentioned in the last investor call
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There was a survey not long ago, with questions that included options such as preordering food, or serving dinner in the lounge before the flight.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
As SEMM this "pre-order meals" thing only has value if they offer a broader selection.

Now that the GTAA has finally expanded the number of NEXUS machines, won't make much use of Fast Track customs service.

Last edited by The Lev; Apr 5, 2015 at 10:08 am
Old Apr 5, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Lev
As SEMM this "pre-order meals" thing only has value if they offer a broader selection.
One would think that that's the idea. Different choices only available by pre-ordering?
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Stranger
One would think that that's the idea. Different choices only available by pre-ordering?
One would think - although a cynic might point out it is a great way to reduce over-catering of J to allow for choice.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:53 am

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
One would think - although a cynic might point out it is a great way to reduce over-catering of J to allow for choice.
If it means I can get something different in domestic J than the same thing they've offered for the last decade I'm in.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:01 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
If it means I can get something different in domestic J than the same thing they've offered for the last decade I'm in.
In AC's defense, the last few J meals i've had actually are better than the ones i've had last year. Could just be me though. The salmon that I had and the chicken with black bean sauce I recently had weren't bad at all...much better than the chicken with tomato sauce garbage that I had a lot last year!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
++++++1

But don't mess with my cookie and ice cream!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Valet service?

I had that once

Took me the "wrong way" after deplaning at YVR, got me on a golf cart, drove me around the transborder departure area, into an elevator (still on the golf cart), down to the customs area, up to the special services desk, handed over my passport while still on the golf cart, and drove me to the exit of baggage claim.

I could go for that on a more regular basis

As for pre-ordering meals, I assume it would be done just like the special meals, since they already have a system in place for "pre-ordering meals". But then I guess that also means they'll never be boarded.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Actually if many people preorder yes they can reduce overcatering.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Actually if many people preorder yes they can reduce overcatering.

Which a few of us pointed out way back when this topic came up in another thread.

The challenge (we ALL know) is getting the orders filled correctly, and to Cow's point, getting them onboard.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:10 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 24left
Which a few of us pointed out way back when this topic came up in another thread.

The challenge (we ALL know) is getting the orders filled correctly, and to Cow's point, getting them onboard.
Indeed. I'm batting a <50% success rate with SPML's right now. It's infuriating.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM/S100K; HHonors Diamond; a bunch of others at various levels!
There was a survey not long ago, with questions that included options such as preordering food, or serving dinner in the lounge before the flight.
If it was the same survey I participated in, they were also considering tapas-style meals (large number of small plates) as an option for meal service. Not sure how that would work...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.