Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

List of Carry-on bags that fit in AC sizers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: *$ Green

I wanted to get myself a new carry-on bag, but when browsing for various brands/types, I found out that the reported sizes can be wildly different than the actual size (when including wheels, handles, etc).

I am curious to know, which carry-on do YOU use that fits in the AC sizer?

Price/pictures/links appreciated.

Personally, I have a thing for the hardside carry-ons that have a "front pocket".

If enough people reply, I will create/edit a wiki and make a proper list for future use.

Please, only post carry-ons that you personally know fit. Not "the dimensions seem ok", not "I think I've seen someone use it", and not "FAs never asked me questions".

They specifically have to fit.

Bonus points if you can mention if it fits in an aircraft with smaller bins.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 11:54 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I use the now-discontinued Tumi Alpha International and absolutely love it. Its dimensions are 14" x 22" x 8.5" while AC's limits are 15.5" x 21.5" x 9". I've had no problem with the sizers but I'm sure it's because I don't have anything building out of the front pocket.

Despite it being a tank of a bag which'll survive pretty much anything a baggage handler can throw at it, it's a heavy bag even empty. I think it weighs something like 4.5kg which is a problem when you have some EU-based airline staff strictly enforcing 8kg weight limits. FWIW, the new version of the bag is about 0.5kg lighter.

Last edited by ffsim; Apr 3, 2015 at 12:00 pm Reason: Correction to height of bag... Should be 22" not 20"
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Domestic expandable carry on Briggs and riley transcend collection. I swear by this bag.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Domestic expandable carry on Briggs and riley transcend collection. I swear by this bag.
It fits?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 12:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
It fits?
Yes, bit of a squeeze, but I can confirm it fits (at least my version, which is the previous model although the listed dimensions are the same) - yes I am aware it is slightly above spec from what I remember.

Love the bag: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqGfgLGeeVk
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I stand by the $60 bag I ordered on Amazon. It's been over two years, so even if I have to replace it every now and then, it's still cheaper than what a lot of you carry
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:46 pm

I carry a Rimowa Salsa Deluxe IATA and it fits into every sizer I've tried, including Air Canada's. It'll fit into CR7 bins, Q400 bins and even some smaller aircraft. Downside is the cost; at $600 it's not cheap.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
The Air Canada carry-on bag works and doesn't seem to draw scrutiny.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
I carry a Rimowa Salsa Deluxe IATA...
The problem is that it's about 5cm too wide for AA, DL and UA.

I'd love to get a Cabin Multiwheel IATA 55cm Topas myself, but don't want to take the risk of having it rejected on other carriers.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by okazon69
The problem is that it's about 5cm too wide for AA, DL and UA.

I'd love to get a Cabin Multiwheel IATA 55cm Topas myself, but don't want to take the risk of having it rejected on other carriers.
I can vouch that it fits in the UA sizer perfectly, not sure about the other two.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:25 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I stand by the $60 bag I ordered on Amazon. It's been over two years, so even if I have to replace it every now and then, it's still cheaper than what a lot of you carry
Its not just about durability and/or lifetime protection, but also for a bags features. Hard to describe..
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
I hope my new Bluesmart will fit.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 5:28 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by mendy7511
I hope my new Bluesmart will fit.
Please do report back. If that's the bag I'm thinking of that's a cool bag!
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Please do report back. If that's the bag I'm thinking of that's a cool bag!
To clarify, I do not have one yet. I did buy one of the personalized editions from their Indiegogo campaign .
I believe delivery is scheduled for August.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...ected-carry-on
Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
I was worried about the weight of the bluesmart and would love to hear your feedback once you try it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.