Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Give credit where credit is due

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2015, 5:01 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yvrgary
...or extraordinarily strong tail winds, which is why every one of my eastbound flights in January was ahead of schedule, and I got to VDB off three westbound flights as they tried to save weight.

...or rolling straight out to the nearest runway with no other traffic, instead of being twenty-third in line for takeoff, as happens from time to time.
And how are either of these the result of good service by Air Canada?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 6:12 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
And how are either of these the result of good service by Air Canada?
You know what? Don't worry about it, you're right. If you don't want to be happy about early arrival, I'm not interested in trying to talk you into it.

I'm not trying to be passive aggressive, I honestly don't want to fight about this.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:11 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by yvrgary
You know what? Don't worry about it, you're right. If you don't want to be happy about early arrival, I'm not interested in trying to talk you into it.

I'm not trying to be passive aggressive, I honestly don't want to fight about this.
For not trying, you are succeeding brilliantly.
You can be happy about whatever you want. Giving Air Canada credit for something completely outside their control sounds a bit effusive to me- that's all.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Because i've learned a few things about complimenting people.

1) Sometimes they don't want any recognition (>50% of the case)
2) Because I might not know if they fall into the camp of #1
3) Because sometimes I feel that they are pretty good, not awesome, but good, so if they write in to me, then i'll write into AC because they want recognition. This drives yet another behavior change which means that there are some of us who will write in to thank someone and it reward AC staff who may care about their service to passengers. (the on the fence employees)
4) Because you have lots of free time... which is why you're a lowly 75K
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:31 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by MTC
We were on AC Flight 1611 yesterday 28 March from HUX-YYZ.

We landed in YYZ 35 minutes ahead of schedule and experienced the smoothest landing ever. We complimented the captain who was standing by the door as we deplaned. He simply smiled, said "Thanks" and that he had done better before! WOW!!......
Seems to me I heard or read somewhere that you should thank pilots after a difficult landing. The smooth landings are easy; it's getting the plane down during difficult conditions that the pilots really shine (or not, in which case you've got bigger issues - ref. AC624).
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Smooth landings sound nice but are not the safest.

Risk of bouncing around is higher.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:49 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Gogie
Seems to me I heard or read somewhere that you should thank pilots after a difficult landing. The smooth landings are easy; it's getting the plane down during difficult conditions that the pilots really shine (or not, in which case you've got bigger issues - ref. AC624).
I have a buddy friend who is a private pilot.

The area he lives in is notorious for gnarly winds. He was telling me that he was so used to crosswinds that he got a little stressed landing in still air.

Let us not forget that pilots perform landings probably at the same rate as most of us park a car. And judging by what I see in parking lots, they are better at it than most people are at parking cars.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 11:01 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
Smooth landings are great, but being ahead of schedule is nothing to be happy about. This is just the result of airlines padding their schedules to boost their OTP without actually doing anything meaningful about it. Late flights will now be "on schedule", while those that are on time will be "ahead of schedule".
I respectfully disagree. The best thing about early flights is that they are not late flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.