Community
Wiki Posts
Search

same day standby questions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 6:34 am
Original Poster

same day standby questions

If I choose to do same day stand by on a flight and I have a Business ticket in original flight- would I be booked in the same class in the stand by flight or just a seat anywheres period?
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:22 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Normally, you'd be on sby for J, although if it was urgent you could ask to be put in Y if space was available.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:38 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Academic
Normally, you'd be on sby for J, although if it was urgent you could ask to be put in Y if space was available.
Exactly. I've historically had pretty good luck with remaining in J, but have occasionally had to either take Y on the earlier flight or keep my original seat. I just always check exactly which seat they're offering me. I won't trade J for 32B on an A320 for an hour earlier arrival, but if I can get 13C or something like that, maybe it's worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.