Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access YYZ with Mixed Cabin

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2015, 1:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL/UA/AA
Question Lounge Access YYZ with Mixed Cabin

Flying from YVR to YUL connecting in YYZ on award ticket. YVR to YYZ in Business but YYZ to YUL in economy. Can I access lounge in YYZ while waiting for my connecting flight to YUL?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 4:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Be sure to check in from time to time to see if seats are available and if not upgraded prior to check-in, ask to be put on the upgrade list for that last leg when you get to the airport.

Last edited by The Lev; Mar 19, 2015 at 10:21 am Reason: removed incorrect information from initial post
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:53 am
Flying Blue Director

If booked on one ticket you shouldn't have an issue (assuming it's an Aeroplan-booked ticket). The agent can look up your PNR and if they see one segment in J and one in Y, they will grant you access.

Last edited by Ben Lipsey; Mar 18, 2015 at 8:02 am
Old Mar 18, 2015, 7:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
If booked on one ticket you shouldn't have an issue (assuming it's an Aeroplan-booked ticket). The agent cant look up your PNR and if they see one segment in J and one in Y, they will grant you access.
You mean "can" look up your PNR right?
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:02 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
You mean "can" look up your PNR right?
Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by The Lev
Theoretically no, but probably worth a try by showing your J boarding pass.
As you see above factually you are wrong but why did you have that understanding in the first place? Just asking.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
As you see above factually you are wrong but why did you have that understanding in the first place? Just asking.
As a E/SE this hasn't been an issue for me personally since I've always had lounge access, so it was an apparently incorrect interpretation of how AC applies the concept of "travelling in business class:
"Maple Leaf Lounge access is available to all customers travelling in Business Class, as well as to passengers with proof of active membership in any of the programs listed below."
http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...es/access.html

Specifically I know that non-status pax do not have access to the lounges on arrival, so I assumed that people only had access for the "business" part of their multi-segment journey.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
I was denied access on a similar routing earlier this year

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.