Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC ranked #56 of Canada's top 100 brands

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:13 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: HH Silver

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...ticle23217643/

No. 56 Air Canada
Loyalty: Airlines need to do more than fly passengers to keep them coming back

Current brand identity
Even in the early 2000s, long after Air Canada was privatized in 1988, it was still shaking off its image as a government monopoly—bloated and beset by union trouble. In 2003, it filed for legal protection from its creditors. But after several rounds of restructuring, it has hit its stride as a more efficient and profitable airline. And as fuel prices have eased and the global airline industry has settled down, Air Canada has begun to focus more on its customers.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
...., Air Canada has begun to focus more on its customers.[/I]
And what can be extracted from them.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
"In a high-volume, low-margin sector like airlines, loyalty programs can be very effective tools to prevent attrition and win new customers. Aeroplan, which Air Canada founded and then spun off, and Air Canada Altitude, an in-house program launched in 2013, offer much more than frequent-flier miles. Alliances with partners such as Avis and Fairmont give travellers more choices for using their loyalty points, and generate a broader range of customer data for Air Canada and its allies. “The goal of their business isn’t just to fly passengers; it is also to earn the loyalty of those passengers,” says David Kincaid, managing partner of Level5 Strategy Group, a Toronto-based brand consulting firm."

Someone hire that guy. AC is making the FFP worse and worse. HEY AC, You reading??
Old Feb 27, 2015, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I didn't realize we had 100 brands in Canada.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Went from 66 to 56...

Not sure how meaningful these surveys are, though.

Perhaps the survey was made before the altitude slaughter?
Old Feb 27, 2015, 9:00 pm

sounds more like the most hated list in canada..... all those companies i recall are usually full of grievances from the Canadian population

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.