Wiki Posts
Search

Hundreds stranded Toronto

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Hundreds stranded Toronto

Looks like a sea of humanity all with Air Canada tickets not going anywhere. One of our guys on 793 has been stuck at the gate or on the ramp for close to five hours. Folks just want to get off they have had it.. Enough already, the government needs to pass legislation like in the US and other civilized countries making very expensive for airlines to strand people on planes for hours knowing they will be delayed, and setting rules. Its clear the voluntary approach by this government to corporations just does not work. Some companies will always behave badly towards consumers, and its time their wings were clipped. Its not like AC and others started operating in cold weather environments yesterday.

Here are some of the replys people have been getting from the Social media team at AC.

Air Canada @AirCanada · 1 hr 1 hour ago
@Dingwell Hi Deo, Toronto is experiencing -40 on the ramp right now, it's causing many cancellations and delays. /nm

@kcc446 Hi Kayla, we apologize for this inconvenience and frustration! We have a very high call volume due to extreme weather. /nm

@ClimoChris Hi Chris, there are two things - the extreme weather & also the airport refuelers are having a hard time fueling flights. /nm

@January82 We're sorry to hear this. We hope that you have since been rebooked. /nm
View conversation 0 replies . 0 retweets 0 favourites
Reply Retweet Favourite
More

Air Canada @AirCanada · 2 hrs 2 hours ago
@pmjedwards Hi Phillip, we regret to hear this! We'll pass your message on. /nm

@elanordillabot Hi Elanor, we apologize for the cancellations. /nm

@January82 Hi Ka-pow, we hope you have since been able to see an agent. /nm

@ryantology Hi Ryan, we're sorry about the delay and missed ground transfer! Pls send details here http://spr.ly/6017LNhH . /nm

@LeenaMarwah Hi Leena, we apologize for this! We hope to have you on your way soon. /nm

@LisaMGenovese Hi Lisa, please send details to our Customer Relations team over here http://spr.ly/6015LNCH . /nm

@music_athlete09 Hi Camille, we apologize for the long wait. Severe weather and cancellations have resulted in a high call volume. /nm

@__mariamaria Hi Maria, you need to speak with a res agent to rebook. Pls call 1-888-247-2262. /nm

@TheGlintOfLight Hi Hannah, we apologize for the wait time! Severe weather & cancellations have resulted in a high call volume. /nm

@shelbypmclean Hi Shelby, we're sorry about the long wait time! We hope that you have since been able to reach an agent. /nm

@jillelisabeth Hi Jill, we apologize for the long wait! We hope that you have since got through to an agent. /nm
View conversation 0 replies . 0 retweets 0 favourites

@__mariamaria Hi Maria, we apologize for this! We have a high call volume due to severe weather & many cancellations. /nm

@ShaneSweeney4 Hi Leonard, we're sorry for the long wait times! /nm

Air Canada @AirCanada · 3 hrs 3 hours ago
@jdlui Hi Jordan, we apologize for the inconvenience that this delay has caused. /nm

@Jdubs12 On certain aircraft yes - but you'll only know when the flight arrives. /nm

@_mayuran Hi Mayuran, we apologize for this! Severe weather & cancelled flights have resulted in a high call volume. /nm

@peterrhowitt Hi Peter, we apologize for this! Severe weather & cancelled flights have resulted in a very high call volume. /nm
Old Feb 15, 2015, 9:48 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Any intel on how long the freezing will last?
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:12 pm

Why the rant? All FF's know that YYZ shuts down in the winter at the first sign of snow or when it gets cold (cold I might add that YWG,YXE,YQR,YYC,YEG,YMM, etc) operate in regularly. We also know that as soon as a thunderstorm rolls in; as they do often that YYZ also becomes useless in the summer.

Connect in YUL or YOW and quit the complaining.

/end of my rant ranting about your rant, rant
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Was the plane at the gate or de-icing/waiting in line for departure? If plane was at the gate, this is AC fault. If it was waiting for de-icing/departure back ups, this is the weathers fault. I had a 4 hour wait in FRA 2 years ago. The pilot was in contact with the pax every 20. If we had deplaned, we would loss our spot in the de-icing line. I would rather wait than have the flight cancelled.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What is this about?

It's a bit cold in Toronto, but surely nowhere near -40. Nice and sunny too. Nothing compared with real cold in YYC.

Why would flights get cancelled, except to BOS and the maritimes, where they had yet another snowstorm.
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:26 pm

-33 with the wind... that's mighty cold for the fragile Torontonian... I mean Average Torontonian.. I mean...
Old Feb 15, 2015, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by Wpgjetse
Was the plane at the gate or de-icing/waiting in line for departure? If plane was at the gate, this is AC fault. If it was waiting for de-icing/departure back ups, this is the weathers fault. I had a 4 hour wait in FRA 2 years ago. The pilot was in contact with the pax every 20. If we had deplaned, we would loss our spot in the de-icing line. I would rather wait than have the flight cancelled.
He says it was at the gate. in fact they replaced one FA cuz she timed out, and they allowed 2 pax off as well.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Is this also affecting/delaying arriving aircraft to get a gate and deplaning?

If so, with the forecasted -25C without windchill base temperatures Monday night at YYZ, I might just overnight in YVR and come back Tuesday... but then again Tuesday isn't "that much" warmer.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:59 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Sunny and warm at YVR Sunday.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
My flight AC739 tool 2.5 hours to "refuel" and another 0.5 hours to wait for the "ramp crew" to push us back per captain.

Aircraft was at gate on time. The delay was caused at YYZ.

A friend of mine who works at a competitor airline tells me on days like these the ground crew likes to call in sick to avoid the bitter cold. I wonder if this was the case today.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 2:55 am

http://aircanada.taleo.net/careersec.../jobdetail.ftl

$11.35/hr won't buy much in the way of mittens and coffee to stay warm.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Toronto is a wimp when it comes to weather.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by hearna
-33 with the wind... that's mighty cold for the fragile Torontonian... I mean Average Torontonian.. I mean...
Actually, it was a lot colder than that. It went down to -25 no wind chill, and somewhere around -45 with wind chill, and the winds were pretty high. Don't care where you are, that is freaking cold. It is going to warm up quite a bit today to -12, so things should be better.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
Actually, it was a lot colder than that. It went down to -25 no wind chill, and somewhere around -45 with wind chill, and the winds were pretty high. Don't care where you are, that is freaking cold. It is going to warm up quite a bit today to -12, so things should be better.
Can you guys spare us that windchill crap? Sure, wind helps you feeling the actual temperature, but that's the way it has been for centuries and people never needed that crap that seems to be designed especially to make things sound worse than they are.

Toronto was quite balmy yesterday compared with a real winter day in Calgary. A bit invigorating, yes. But real nice and sunny.
Old Feb 16, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by KenHamer
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Sunny and warm at YVR Sunday.
That's why we cancelled our trip to Whistler this year, heard the weather has been too warm even in the mountains.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.