Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Has AC ever thanked you for your loyalty at an airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has AC ever thanked you for your loyalty at an airport?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:59 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE*2MM. SPG Plat life
Went to Hong Kong this week for a couple of days. I was thanked over 10X on this trip.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 2:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Delta, Starwood, Fairmount
The odd time in Fredericton a few years back when I flew more often...
Old Jan 22, 2015, 4:15 am

Programs: AC-SE100K, AC-3MM, Marriott- LT Titanium, SPG RIP
I am thanked on a regular basis...usually with a mention of Million Miles...

By Concierges in YOW, NRT and HND and recently the new Concierges in MUC.
On occasion by MLL people in YOW.

And by SDs on almost every TPAC or TATL flight I take.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by jeffypop75
On the aircraft, I've been thanked for loyalty countless times in J and twice in Y. In those two cases, the InCharge came back and introduced themselves to the SEs. One offered newspapers and the other offered a drink from J which I gladly accepted!
This is something that would be nice as policy. Especially with the ecredit blow up for 2015, more SEs will end up in Y.

A bit of notice, maybe a glass of wine, free BOB would go a long way.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by lcohen999
... free BOB ...
...as in "Bottle of Bubbly" (cue SAP)
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: Aeroplan
At the end of an LAX-YYZ fight last year on AC the Pilot came on over the PA system and thanked us all for flying with Air Canada, he then went on to say that he knew that we had other carrier options, and was grateful that we'd flown with AC. It was a nice touch.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:37 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I've heard it on board a lot. From multiple airlines. I'll also (at the risk of repeating myself) comment NZ for having the SD personally introduce themselves to each J passenger, chat for a minute and thank them for flying NZ should be the norm, at least on TATL/TPAC/SA flights (I can understand not doing that on Rapidair...)

I also do not recall hearing that from anyone on the airport side, and I'll go as far as saying that applies to every airline I've ever flown. Then again, a check in person or gate agent would probably see and directly interact with several hundred people in a day, and only for a few minutes. I would think that saying that to everyone would probably sound nuts after every time.

For these people, a simple smile, gracious thank you (with eye contact) or a have a great flight, have a good trip, etc. would suffice for me. I'm not sure I'd like to hear "Thank-You for choosing XXX airline from the Check-In agent, the Lounge agent, the gate agent, the SD, the Pilot, etc. etc. etc. throughout a flight, multiply that by a few connecting flights. I think I'd go nuts.

I think I would prefer to have the airport personnel be genuinely courteous, the SD mention it in J (and occasionally Y should the occasion present itself) and have the announcement at the end of the flight about "we know you have a choice when it comes to the airline you choose....."
Old Jan 22, 2015, 8:46 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
I didn't mind being thanked for flying BR... - just one data point. The thanks were a nice touch
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:43 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Maybe a couple of times on AC, but now that I'm flying DL a lot, every time I go to a desk I get thanked for being Platinum (ironically, I'm not really, as I got it on a status match). It is actually pretty incredible, as it is obvious that it is a corporate policy to address FF"s like this (it is just so consistent).

Just flew AC to Europe on the 788 in J (great airplane btw), but nothing. I thought once I got MM there might be a change, but nothing noticeable.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 9:54 am
RZR

Programs: ✈ AC 1MM / S100K - SPG Lifetime Platinum = BONVoY Lifetime Titanium
I've never been thanked at check in. I have been thanked numerous times on board flights.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I was thanked on a YLW-YVR flight recently.

The FA walked over to my seat after boarding was completed and thanked me for flying. She also offered for me to sit in one of the crew rest seats (crew rest row was not going to be used) so that I could have a row to myself. Also thanked me when leaving the plane.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 11:27 am
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by jeffypop75
On the aircraft, I've been thanked for loyalty countless times in J and twice in Y. In those two cases, the InCharge came back and introduced themselves to the SEs. One offered newspapers and the other offered a drink from J which I gladly accepted!
I've been thanked occasionally in J on TATL/TPAC/TAM (do we have an acronym for NA to SA routes, Trans American?) routes usually when it's time to take dinner orders.

Only once in Y did an SD come back, introduce himself, and thank me for being an SE (along with the only other SE in Y), saying that if I needed anything to please let him know. No free drink, but I did submit a commendation on the AC form for his actions.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 12:06 pm
Formerly known as jsfrSuperElite

Programs: Air Canada SE100K-1MM, Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by drvannostren
A birthday email would be nice too, it's only once a year, it's a nothing day for most people, but it's a really easy little touch, "happy birthday, thanks for your loyalty, we'll be happy to see you on your next flight and here's a 10% off code your next base fare from AC.com" it's simple, it costs them a tiny bit of money, but maybe they'll make a bunch that they wouldn't have otherwise.
I was traveling on Cathay Pacific HKG to Toronto on my birthday this week and I had the nicest surprise during the flight: the Service Director came with a birthday card and a nice chocolate box!

All the flight attendants had signed the card and aside the birthday wishes, they wrote: "It's always a pleasure to have you on board".

When I went through the AC MLL lounge for my connecting flight to Montreal, the Air Canada reception agent saw my chocolate box and I told her what had happened on Cathay. She asked me if Air Canada had ever done something like this to me and I told her no. To which she replied: "Of course not".
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:14 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
in J, have had the SD come and thank me on multiple flights.

in Y, twice. once the nice SD brought me a J kit and nuts. i got dirty looks from other pax.
the other time the SD came over at the end of the flight and asked me why i wasnt traveling upfront at which point i explained the intricacies of corp 'lowest fare' policies and Tango.
Old Jan 22, 2015, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA, AC
I've been thanked many, many times. Everything from the standard introduction/handshake from the SD after boarding to captain coming to my seat and thanking me to a personal letter from AC's CEO.

There's a point at which being thanked too many times becomes too much and loses its meaning. For my tastes, AC seems to have struck the right balance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.