Crampedin13A
HerpaYvr
Print Wikipost

YUL Micro Do January 29th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 1:43 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
And...SparseFlyer, are you coming still? I thought I saw you were coming at 830pm? Not sure if it didn't work out... (or if I got you confused with someone else, in that case, apologies!)
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:37 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

No official vote for me.

Whatever place best (or rather better) represents MTL will suit me fine. Both are Ontario-centric chains (to varying degrees) with little or no soul. As was stated previously, some of us (like me) are not on an expense account, so that could be a factor.

Should people be hungry later, we could always hit the road for some real Montreal Food, like Schwartz Smoked Meat, a Poutine at La Banquise or some classic BBQ at Blackstrap. Alas, all of these would require transportation, and I have a feeling none of us will be in a position to drive, so the point is moot.

If you break it down to its essence, its a bunch of plane junkies getting together for some drinks and what I can only assume will be war stories. So the location and menu (for me) is a distant second.

All of this is simply long and complicated drivel to say that I will align myself with the majority. You folks decide, and I'll show up. And yes...I'll keep the drivel to a minimum at the do...
Old Jan 12, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: Irrelevant
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Well let's do this democratically -

Keg - 1
Bier Markt - 2

Jaysona, Mr. Leblond, crampedin13a, herpayvr, sparseflyer your votes please? ^
The Keg - the scenery is nicer and maybe familiar to some frequent fliers.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Since I like the general area (The Keg) - count me in as tentative - will know once I find out if I will/won't be TATL/TPAC that weekend.

If the place changes to a drastically different location then count me out.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Since I like the general area (The Keg) - count me in as tentative - will know once I find out if I will/won't be TATL/TPAC that weekend.

If the place changes to a drastically different location then count me out.
O.M.G. Please let us know!!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:11 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
What? We'll be talking about planes? I'm out!

No, seriously -- I'm in. Keg is fine, don't worry.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 5:24 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffsim
What? We'll be talking about planes? I'm out!

No, seriously -- I'm in. Keg is fine, don't worry.
The Keg it is Like jaysona, the scenery is a plus for me...
Old Jan 12, 2015, 6:30 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Dayum.

I was hoping for $1 oysters (no need for an expense account at that price point, any Visa would do)!

Isn't the Keg much more expensive?

My idea was oysters and beers from 5-8, eat anything elsewhere afterwards.

I can drive, but I will be in a ...... civic. At least it's a car.

I will also be +1 because, well, +1.

Either way. I live in YUL, so I really don't care about where we go because I can go anywhere else any other time.

I will veto myself out if it's too not good lol
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:11 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
My idea was oysters and beers from 5-8, eat anything elsewhere afterwards.
The majority have spoken - timeframe wise I have a really early AM and Jaysona still has to fly home afterwards. In the end though, that's why the more the merrier - the party can rock on.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:37 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Plat, (now an AC nobody)
The majority have spoken - timeframe wise I have a really early AM and Jaysona still has to fly home afterwards. In the end though, that's why the more the merrier - the party can rock on.
Wow, Jaysona is a trooper. He made it to the YYZ DO too, at such a late hour if I might add.

How he's able to fly 400K+ miles a year is beyond me.

Hail Jaysona.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:04 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

The Keg it is Like jaysona, the scenery is a plus for me...
If you guys are in Montreal and consider that the Keg is where the good 'scenery' is... you guys have noooooo idea what you're missing.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:16 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Ain't that the truth, FYI for future reference, you have Dominion Square Tavern and Balsam Inn (next door) on Metcalfe that are much more Montreal than some generic Canadian chain... But 1$ oysters are cool
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:52 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CanRulez
Wow, Jaysona is a trooper. He made it to the YYZ DO too, at such a late hour if I might add.

How he's able to fly 400K+ miles a year is beyond me.

Hail Jaysona.
I know!! Right? Do champion! He actually flies more than that, as he's on a J flight pass which "only" gives you a fixed AQM. I haven't done the math to see if he flies more than what it gives as he flies it daily to/from work. I just tried to sell my boss on the idea, he decided it wasn't a good one.

Whatever, i'll go hit Plat/Diamond/whatever in basically every major hotel chain again then!
Old Jan 12, 2015, 8:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PLeblond
If you guys are in Montreal and consider that the Keg is where the good 'scenery' is... you guys have noooooo idea what you're missing.
Been to Chez Paree

Best place for scenery, outside of the tilted kilts (which oddly in Atlanta was the best spot) would be the restaurant 100 across the street from the Westin Edmonton. No one gets to claim best scenery/appetizer and chicken main course until you go there. Teresa who was at the bar used to be the best highlight of my day. Sadly she's moved on
Old Jan 12, 2015, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by PLeblond
For the record, I only commented on the good location... never made any comment on the "scenery", whatever that means

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.