Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC vs UA TATL in J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:44 pm

I yet have to experience AA's new J seats, but the J cabin experience on AC/UA/DL is pretty much comparable IMO.
Yes, there are subtle differences and they have their pros and cons, but in the grand scheme of things, the overall experience is similar.
They all have lie-flat seats on all international routes, and the food & service are OK. (not great, but also not terrible)
I would agree AC has a long way to go if catching up CX/SQ/etc is the goal.
Back to OP's topic, if I were to pick a TATL flight in J between AC and UA, I would pick whichever flight that fits my schedule better, and whichever is cheaper at the moment (usually UA wins in the pricing department).
IME, even the dreaded 2-4-2 config on pmUA 777s are fine as long as you sit in the section with 2 seats and don't get stuck in the middle section with 4.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 5:44 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by LockheedElectra
I'm not saying DL is better than AC, although it is working for me. I've had terrible experiences on DL , and AC. One thing I am noticing is that I can buy domestic Z fares for less than AC Flex, and business class Z overseas is also much less, and not a lot more than some flex fares. I honestly don't care if AC is better, as I wouldn't be able to fly up front anyway on many of these flights with the change to EUps.
Agreed, and I do the same, although with UA. Not because I think the UA product is better, but I'll take UA J over AC Y for the same dollar.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.