Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC vs UA TATL in J

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Looks like my mind reading skills (see post above this one) are pretty good, unlike your futile efforts to cheerlead AC with every post.
The conclusion you drew from what he originally posted can not reasonably be made. He was caught with his pants down with a ridiculous statement, so regardless of him now saying you posted what he 'meant' to say... well, he should probably just type that next time. At least anything remotely close.

Cheerleading AC though... come on. Just because some of us don't share your high criticism for AC doesn't mean we aren't objective If you ever think something I say is unfair, then say so. If you can't, then it isn't cheerleading is it? I'm just stating that as a general rule today AC is better than AA longhaul... which it is.

Within a year of AA finishing its 763/777 retrofit AC will have retrofitted the 777s, including the only 5 aircraft in the fleet currently without all-aisle J access. Meanwhile, ensco will still be flying angled-J 757s to Europe.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:52 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

AC is the best... rah rah...
I never said that, and I don't believe it. In My Opinion: On par with most Euro carriers, bellow the top Asian.

But AC is still miles ahead of the US legacy carriers. Are they catching up? Yes, they are... but they're still a ways behind, and AC is still moving forward.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 2:58 pm

For all you saying DL is is great, here is a recent (Thursday) real world example.

My cousin was flying DL to Florida (Yes, I know friends don't let friends fly Delta but he wouldn't listen). Major IRROPS out of YUL; apparently the 'great' 717 froze overnight at YUL at minus 1 and the 7:am departure left at 11:00. It took 4 hours to thaw a frozen pipe. Before you start lambasting me, yes, this can happen with any carrier and its not isolated to any airline. Could of happened to any airline. I agree that isn't my point simply putting the situation into context.

Obviously, he missed his connection in ATL and was standby on a later flight. They were amazing, they bumped him to "First" on a later flight.

While sitting in 6A, the flight attendant asked him "What flavour wine he would like".... What Flavour.... FLAVOUR ??!?

'nuf said.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by PLeblond
While sitting in 6A, the flight attendant asked him "What flavour wine he would like".... What Flavour.... FLAVOUR ??!?

'nuf said.

I'd like the blue one, please. Blue is a flavor, right?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by 24left
I'd like the blue one, please. Blue is a flavor, right?
His EXACT reply: "I'll have the Red one please" Verbatim.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, O6*G, WS Gold
Quote:

Originally Posted by winnipegrev

Considering the poster didn't use the words "next", "summer", "will" or "be", but used the words "has" "now" and "it's" (present tense for those wondering), I am extremely impressed by your mind reading abilities.

Looks like my mind reading skills (see post above this one) are pretty good, unlike your futile efforts to cheerlead AC with every post.
And you dump on AC with every post. What makes you better than him/her?
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by kevy_boy
And you dump on AC with every post. What makes you better than him/her?

Stating that something is mediocre is a dump?
Sorry I hurt your feelings.
The ignore list is your friend.

You should also report me to the UA forum because I said whoever put 2-4-2 in J is on crack.

I'm just stating that as a general rule today AC is better than AA longhaul... which it is..
Comparing today's status quo, we are in agreement.
We can argue who is 'better' all day long, it doesnt really matter - fact is, on any given day, AC can be compared with the likes of UA/AA/DL - and maybe even come out slightly on top in certain aspects, while lacking in others.
Bottom line - thats the league they play in. AC cannot even sniff the major leagues of longhaul carriers (in Y or J). A decent ,mediocre product, thats it..

Last edited by rankourabu; Nov 22, 2014 at 3:36 pm
Old Nov 22, 2014, 3:57 pm

Programs: AC*SE,MM
He was caught with his pants down with a ridiculous statement, so regardless of him now saying you posted what he 'meant' to say... well, he should probably just type that next time. At least anything remotely close.
This happened to me two days ago in the Altitude thread, when I was arguing something in AC's favour.

You know, if you read what I said, and look at this above, you actually should just be embarassed. You are derailing a legit discussion and instead meagerly parsing tenses and meanings to conclude I made "a ridiculous statement ... caught with pants down". These are just totally baseless and gratuitous insults.

There is a discussion worth having. AA is doing a massive upgrade to J, something AC is teasing us on. But these kinds of posts make it impossible.

People need to think about the level of toxicity here, and what they can do about it.

Last edited by ensco; Nov 22, 2014 at 4:07 pm
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: AC-SE
Delta has long left the 90s behind

I flew some Delta in domestic F, as well as intl configured flights domestically in F this year - and it was waaaaay above what AC offers, especially in the soft area. Havent flown Delta up front internationally for a couple years now, but I am pretty sure, its all flat beds now, wifi and new IFE (apart maybe from some 757s?)

I dont even compare AC to Delta. They are not in their league. Still stuck in lower minors with UA.
AC put me in J on DL283 NRT to BKK early this year. My original booking was YXU/YYZ/HKG/BKK (and then on to CNX and RGN - a difficult AP reward routing to achieve in J) but first 2 flights from XYU failed to depart that day, so missed AC15 and was put on AC1 connecting across alliance to DL.

DL283 was a 777/200 with 1-2-1 lay-flat pods. I swear the pods were clones of AC, except leather (ish?) cover which must be easier to clean. Food similar/better and crew more switched-on than many AC long haul I have flown. I was more than a little positively surprised as I expected a real step-down on US legacy carrier after missing AC15. Delta lounge food/drink in NRT was nicer than ML in YYZ, and cleaner flooring and seating.

I would have tossed the DL experience as a one-off, however, AC late-in-year changes to the program have given me pause. I had already qualified for 100k for 2015, so too late for me to change spend tactics this year, however, it is beyond 2015 that I am now mulling!

As an aside, I've flown all 3 AC wide-body J format (pod, HD and 787) and my DL hard product experience was equivalent/better to 2 of the 3 AC formats.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by jautis
As an aside, I've flown all 3 AC wide-body J format (pod, HD and 787) and my DL hard product experience was equivalent/better to 2 of the 3 AC formats.
Blasphemy!
Now youre gonna hear it.
Positive reviews of US carriers are clearly not welcomed here by some living in the AC dreamworld drinking the maple leaf tail koolaid.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 5:13 pm

Blasphemy!
Now youre gonna hear it.
Positive reviews of US carriers are clearly not welcomed here by some living in the AC dreamworld drinking the maple leaf tail koolaid.
I'll bet dollars to donuts Jautis' 1 out of 3 that was superior was the 787. Which coincidentally is ACs new standard.

The NA bar just got a little higher.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 6:53 pm

I was sonewhat surprised to see that the latest Business Traveller awards voted UA as the best North American carrier and there was no mention of AC. SQ took all the other airline awards.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by PLeblond
I'll bet dollars to donuts Jautis' 1 out of 3 that was superior was the 787. Which coincidentally is ACs new standard.

The NA bar just got a little higher.
I'm not saying DL is better than AC, although it is working for me. I've had terrible experiences on DL , and AC. One thing I am noticing is that I can buy domestic Z fares for less than AC Flex, and business class Z overseas is also much less, and not a lot more than some flex fares. I honestly don't care if AC is better, as I wouldn't be able to fly up front anyway on many of these flights with the change to EUps.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 7:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
AC, UA? Honestly, I'd pick AC because I have quasi status, the hard and soft product is a bit better, but it's like picking between two types of STDs.

I am so looking forward to my BR flight later this week. I know people rag about BR with food (have they tried AC? Still better than UA, but the meal most not cost more than $2.50), but I'm looking forward to a great hard product on BR (on the 777) and an attempt at great service. Why North American carriers act like they have their s*it together is beyond me...

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Nov 23, 2014 at 9:01 am
Old Nov 22, 2014, 9:02 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
AC, UA? Honestly, I'd pick AC because I have quasi status, the hard and soft product is a bit better, but it's like picking between two types of STDs.

LOLOLOLOL (loud enough to wake the neighbors)

Sorry, that was funny

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.