Search

New AC safety video

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
And I just memorized the old one
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:15 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Finally a new video (still not cool, but newer)

This video certainly shows a lot of "pretty people" and a very good make up of our "mosaic" landscape.

Those HD seats looks so uncomfortable, the two "guys" are thin but they looked squeezed in, perhaps why they only used five and a half models.

This was filmed on a 787 with cut outs to other aircraft

Nice to see the 787 fin 602 at the end ^

Last edited by HerpaYvr; Nov 21, 2014 at 9:13 am
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
The change is nice...but 5 minutes...my g-d that is a long video
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:34 pm

1) The music in the old video was better. I don't really like this new music. It's a little too American for me.

2) There isn't a good story line.... the old one which started with the boy with the toy airplane and ended up enjoying his flight was really classy. The new one starts with a visual of some random toy airport and airplane, with really no closure/ending.

3) I don't like how there's a lot of gaps in the narrative. They could have shortened the video a little.

4) Is it just me or they really seem to focus on those 3 guys.

5) I hate how they tried to make the video professional looking BUT then in the carry on had the beaver, helmet and a bag of bagels = really random stuff that you never see people carry onto planes.

6) I don't like how they plan to show the 767 version etc without renovating the seats.... also there were scenes with the old business class. I dislike inconsistency.

7) The plane seems more empty than the old videos...
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:37 pm

A330 version: http://vimeo.com/112363585

777 version: http://vimeo.com/112401692

767 version: http://vimeo.com/112363586

777 HD version: http://vimeo.com/112363584
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
Thanks for sharing AC 681!! Now I gotta learn this in French...

PS - triple 7 HD and the 787 bird at the end....hmm.

I miss the notre securitie est notre priority or something like that. haha
The entire video is filmed on a 787 (excepting the terrible splices to old pods). The J is a 5 row 1-2-1 cabin and Y is 3-3-3 slim-line; both exist nowhere in AC but the 787.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:40 pm

Much prefer the old video. This one looks like it was done on the cheap (interior part) on a mobile phone. It doesn't flow very well.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by maradori
Not a fan of the new videos.

Is it me or does the beginning start sooooo slowly and then feels a bit rushed midway through?
I agree with you... too slow at the beginning, could have cut out the airport toy scene.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Love the assorted Canadiana: Bagels, Beaver and helmet...
and N.S. lobsters

Last edited by 24left; Nov 21, 2014 at 7:15 am Reason: spelling - Because NordsFan was paying attention and HometoYYZ reminded me of the lobsters
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by theseatbelt
I agree with you... too slow at the beginning, could have cut out the airport toy scene.
Yes it looks like my nephews lego setup!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by winnipegrev
I much prefer the old one. This one's camera angles seem awkward and I liked the 'story' of the old one, the kid playing with the plane then ending onboard the flight...
You could tell from the camera angles and techniques used that the new video was done with a company with far less experience and professional editing. (or just a smaller budget).

1) In the old one, there's lot's of camera movements, panning, camera following behind the actors (e.g. male FA putting bag up), handheld low angles, great transitions, etc, etc. In the new one, the camera is just set up on a tripod with no creativity and movement. Just some random amateurish shots.

2) The old one had some impressive "screen in screen" transition scenes where the seat map zooms out to a safety card; the emergency exit zooming out to the seatback TV, etc. - made it very unique for AC. New one just have normal transition scenes found on Windows Movie Maker.

3) Old one had flowing ribbons, animations, etc. All of which lacks in the new one. Just windows movie maker.

4) Storyline with the kid on the old one was much better. None in new.

The new one lacked all of those and could have easily been made by some high school/university students.

Links:
OLD one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sldslv47Qvs

NEW one: http://vimeo.com/112401692

The old one was FAR more creative. The new one lacks creativity.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Much prefer the new female announcer, her tone is far less aggressive than the old one. The male voice is again close to the announcers voice of the old Kraft commercials of yore !
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by theseatbelt
You could tell from the camera angles and techniques used that the new video was done with a company with far less experience and professional editing. (or just a smaller budget). ....

...The new one lacked all of those and could have easily been made by some high school/university students.

Wonder if it was the ad agency?
Could have been sooooooo much better.
And more people in the seats would have been more representative of reality.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:15 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Accor Diamond, Hilton Gold
Lame. Looks like it was done on a brutal budget.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, UA, WN, DL- zilch by choice, IHG-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, Hilton Gold,
Originally Posted by lcohen999
The change is nice...but 5 minutes...my g-d that is a long video
It's twice as long as everything has to be said in two languages. C'est deux fois plus long parce qu'il faut tout dire en deux langues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.