Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Glitch / Error in AC award pricing - on the blogs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Glitch / Error in AC award pricing - on the blogs

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by jerryhung
I called today to do a Y-to-J upgrade for ORD-YYZ on UA A319
AE wanted to re-price & re-issue the whole ticket with correct miles, so I said No

Not a big deal, but I thought COS upgrade wouldn't trigger a new ticket issue, re-calculate tax YES. I thought it'll be same ticket # but in different cabin

Oh well, I guess I can say good bye to J upgrade on YYZ-YUL AC A330 (pods) then
This is mean spirited of them.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: AE, MP, DL, AA, Accor Platinum (But aren't we all?)
This might be a HUACA situation to get it done. The other day I had an agent tell me that AE agents weren't able to ticket anything that didn't show on the AE website!?!?!?!?!?!?! I was so speechless I thought for a second I had accidentally phoned Lifemiles. The next agent issued my ticket within 5 minutes so I would politely call back and keep trying to upgrade those legs.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 10:34 am

AE wanted to re-price & re-issue the whole ticket with correct miles, so I said No

Not a big deal, but I thought COS upgrade wouldn't trigger a new ticket issue, re-calculate tax YES. I thought it'll be same ticket # but in different cabin

If it makes you feel any better, honestly ORD-YYZ and YYZ-YUL are too short to actually enjoy meaningful J seat/service.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 11:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club

interesting. I just snuck in under the wire then. I upgraded SFO YUL with no extra collection. But that was literally a day or two after.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
If it makes you feel any better, honestly ORD-YYZ and YYZ-YUL are too short to actually enjoy meaningful J seat/service.
UA A319 J - I don't care
AC A330 J - I wouldn't care if it's ERJ/A320/A321, but since it's A330, I still rather fly the pod, just so my wife & kids try it (I've flew AC 77W J pod myself already). Heck, I even hope for a 787 substitution to try the new J, without the crazy YQ usually associated with AC

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
interesting. I just snuck in under the wire then. I upgraded SFO YUL with no extra collection. But that was literally a day or two after.
I wouldn't think it mattered WHEN I called, as Y-to-J upgrade shouldn't cause a NEW ticket re-issue
but anyway, I'll call again IF/when YYZ-YUL opens up
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:52 pm

UA A319 J - I don't care
AC A330 J - I wouldn't care if it's ERJ/A320/A321, but since it's A330, I still rather fly the pod, just so my wife & kids try it (I've flew AC 77W J pod myself already). Heck, I even hope for a 787 substitution to try the new J, without the crazy YQ usually associated with AC

I wouldn't think it mattered WHEN I called, as Y-to-J upgrade shouldn't cause a NEW ticket re-issue
but anyway, I'll call again IF/when YYZ-YUL opens up
You definitely need a ticket reissue, since the existing ticket is issued in Y, and you need to reissue it in J. That said, there's normally no need to make a big fuss over it, so maybe you got an unfriendly agent...
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by agjil
This is sadly true. They hide the bubbly on the YYZ-YUL-GVA flight (the AC875, I think, 6pm A330 service that he's referring to) until they take off from YUL :P
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:59 pm

You definitely need a ticket reissue, since the existing ticket is issued in Y, and you need to reissue it in J. That said, there's normally no need to make a big fuss over it, so maybe you got an unfriendly agent...
Really?
You mean the YYZ-YUL (AC), ORD-YYZ (UA) tickets in Y need to be re-issued? even though my YUL-IST, IST-ORD are already in J ticket?

This is sadly true. They hide the bubbly on the YYZ-YUL-GVA flight (the AC875, I think, 6pm A330 service that he's referring to) until they take off from YUL :P
AC834 A330
I don't care about bubbly, but A330 is a widebody >> narrowbody :-)
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
That's a bummer I have a IAH-YYC leg to upgrade on UA, if I see it open up I'll call...but I wonder if they're just taking a hard stance on these to make sure that anyone who got "a sweet deal" doesn't get a sweeter one.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 1:38 pm

Really?
You mean the YYZ-YUL (AC), ORD-YYZ (UA) tickets in Y need to be re-issued? even though my YUL-IST, IST-ORD are already in J ticket?

AC834 A330
I don't care about bubbly, but A330 is a widebody >> narrowbody :-)
Anytime there's any change on the ticket, the actual eticket must be reissued. Consider it - an eticket is your proof of travel that entitles you to whatever's written on it. A PNR doesn't need to change when stuff changes, but the actual 13-digit eticket must change every time there's any sort of change, and cabin change definitely applies.

That said, Aeroplan has so far been good at honouring tickets as long as no 'major' changes (zone, etc) are done. So I'm surprised they're being difficult about this. I think it's a case of HUACA.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:42 pm

Anytime there's any change on the ticket, the actual eticket must be reissued. Consider it - an eticket is your proof of travel that entitles you to whatever's written on it. A PNR doesn't need to change when stuff changes, but the actual 13-digit eticket must change every time there's any sort of change, and cabin change definitely applies.

That said, Aeroplan has so far been good at honouring tickets as long as no 'major' changes (zone, etc) are done. So I'm surprised they're being difficult about this. I think it's a case of HUACA.
Something is not right here. I understand the ticket was issued in J but there was no availability, therefore its a mixed cabin ticket with some legs in Y. When its available they just confirm the J. That happened several time to me, mind you before the glitch or changes.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
Something is not right here. I understand the ticket was issued in J but there was no availability, therefore its a mixed cabin ticket with some legs in Y. When its available they just confirm the J. That happened several time to me, mind you before the glitch or changes.
Right. I'm just talking about the procedure - not policy. As far as policy goes, there's no need to charge any extra (normally) - they just upgrade you. But in so doing, they MUST reissue the actual ticket - I suspect it's a carryover from paper ticket days where if you changed cabins, you needed new coupons to show that you're entitled to it. The eticket # will invariably change if anything is modified on the ticket, such as class of service. That they don't charge any extra points in so doing is entirely their prerogative and is purely because they make it their policy not to.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 6:27 pm

Programs: A3*G, OZ*G, OW Sapphire
What would you guys think would be the case if one was ticketed in F but the plane was down gauged to 2 class service. Would one be able to switch flight and get back in F?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
What would you guys think would be the case if one was ticketed in F but the plane was down gauged to 2 class service. Would one be able to switch flight and get back in F?
I doubt it, it's even more complicated than simple CoS upgrade and that already seemed YMMV

but heck, it's worth a try, nothing but First class to lose
Old Nov 25, 2014, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Skyborne Flyer
Agree with jerry, this is a long shot - even on a normal ticket this may or may not result in a refund/reroute. But, hey, I was able to move Y->J, and jerry wasn't, so I guess it's YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.