Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match to AC Altitude Status

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
Status Match to AC Altitude Status

Air Canada just matched my status to Gold. I am wondering if the match is for this year only or all the way through 2015. I am seeing my status online when logging in. But I could not find a place to check until what date my status is valid. Can it somehow be checked online? New to Air Canada.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Why not call AC? Doubt anyone here but one of the AC reps can answer this definitively. Did you not receive a confirming email containing this information? Normally status matches from some airlines given after mid-year extend into the next benefit year (2015/6) but not sure AC does this.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:43 am

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
After the recently announced changes to Altitude i can't help but think of the old lethal weapon movie scene where Danny Glover goes into the South African consulate looking for a visa.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:43 am
Original Poster

did get an email, but did not contain expiration date. i guess i will just wait for my physical card to arrive...
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: AP SE
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
Air Canada just matched my status to Gold. I am wondering if the match is for this year only or all the way through 2015. I am seeing my status online when logging in. But I could not find a place to check until what date my status is valid. Can it somehow be checked online? New to Air Canada.
Just curious, what program did you get matched?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
This thread is meant to be ironic, right?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Slalom01
Just curious, what program did you get matched?
Turkish
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:43 pm

Programs: VA Gold, BA Silver
I got matched from BA recently, had the same issue where the email doesn't specify what the expiry is.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cubiscus
I got matched from BA recently, had the same issue where the email doesn't specify what the expiry is.
and did you find out by now? how long did it take for the physical card to arrive?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
did get an email, but did not contain expiration date. i guess i will just wait for my physical card to arrive...
Your physical card will be for Feb 2015. AC will not start issuing next year's cards until December 2014. Only calling AC will be able to tell you if the status is matched for the remainder of this year, or will be valid for the next.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:41 pm

Try logging into the AC Altitude site and request a new card.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:20 pm
alc

OP - can you explain the entire status match process you went thru? As I always thought AC doesn't allow status match, especially with the *A. Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, DL Gold, QF Gold, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, WoH Explorist, Shangri-la Jade
What email did you use to request match? Im thinking of doing the same thing from CX. And also approx how long did it take them to reply?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 5:41 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by alc
OP - can you explain the entire status match process you went thru? As I always thought AC doesn't allow status match, especially with the *A. Thanks.
Originally Posted by DreamHigh
What email did you use to request match? Im thinking of doing the same thing from CX. And also approx how long did it take them to reply?
Check out the steps someone used here:

http://www.statusmatcher.com/report/27042
http://www.statusmatcher.com/report/43337
http://www.statusmatcher.com/report/35252

If you were US, AC even had a page up for people to stick with *A: http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan...tus_match.html
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:11 pm
alc

Thanks for the info. Maybe I should try to get my wife E50K for next year. She is currently TK*E that expire July of next year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.