Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Premium Rouge flights on Air Canada Vacations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC35K, Marriott Gold, Nexus

Looking at Air Canada vacations - YYZ to CUN and it's all operated by Rouge. The premium rouge or business class options I want don't seem to be available on the Air Canada Vacations site. Yet - on AC website, I can see those flights. Anyone think of a reason? I'm thinking of just booking them on the AC and then booking hotel directly. Just seems odd...
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:49 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
All depends if the booking category is available, although I seem to recall ACV being able to book all levels of J now. Call ACV to confirm as usually cheaper to buy as a package.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 7:51 am
Flying Blue Director

Originally Posted by stinger
All depends if the booking category is available, although I seem to recall ACV being able to book all levels of J now. Call ACV to confirm as usually cheaper to buy as a package.
Correct, in that it's based on availability. At the moment ACV doesn't yet have access to all J classes unfortunately, but we are working on increasing class availability across the board.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 12:06 pm
Original Poster

What really doesn't make sense now that I look at it. When I expand the flight options, I see options that have flight 1810 (YYZ-CUN) in business but then have a connection going back. Another option has a connection going out and flight 1811 coming back. I just want flight 1810 out and 1811 back, but those options aren't together!
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:45 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Correct, in that it's based on availability. At the moment ACV doesn't yet have access to all J classes unfortunately, but we are working on increasing class availability across the board.
Really hope you solve that problem quickly because I am heading to other airlines if I cannot get J on ACV.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:49 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by mapleg
Really hope you solve that problem quickly because I am heading to other airlines if I cannot get J on ACV.
Have you tried calling ACV to make the reservation?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 4:58 pm

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
Originally Posted by mapleg
I suggest you have a look at Delta Vacations. In addition to DL equipment, flights are also available on WestJet (connecting or direct). You may be pleasantly surprised by the cost difference. And yes, there are first/business options on a friendly user interface with plentiful options.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:23 am
Original Poster

I did look at Delta - hadn't seen it. But - I didn't see any west jet flights offered. Nothing was direct from Toronto. Plus - no collecting miles.

I phoned ACV - and it was available. She said some of the flight segments just aren't shown as they give so many options. Odd that one wasn't given, as it may be the best option. At any rate... all good. It is available.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by tragicway
I did look at Delta - hadn't seen it. But - I didn't see any west jet flights offered. Nothing was direct from Toronto. Plus - no collecting miles.

I phoned ACV - and it was available. She said some of the flight segments just aren't shown as they give so many options. Odd that one wasn't given, as it may be the best option. At any rate... all good. It is available.
Is the price difference acceptable?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
I wonder why are the A319 flights split into Rouge Plus and Premium Rouge flights. It's the same aircraft and same seats after all.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I wonder why are the A319 flights split into Rouge Plus and Premium Rouge flights. It's the same aircraft and same seats after all.
I assume that the Rouge plus does not block the middle seats and does not offer the derive of Premium Rouge.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, National E/E, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond, MB, Avis PC
Originally Posted by tireman77
I assume that the Rouge plus does not block the middle seats and does not offer the derive of Premium Rouge.
I understand that. The question is why?
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:18 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by WildcatYXU
I understand that. The question is why?
Some routes just don't have the premium traffic where people are willing to pay for premium rouge. So if AC is just giving out all the J seats out as upgrades, op-ups, and employees then you might as well sell them as Y.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Is the price difference acceptable?
It was difficult to compare. I didn't see in delta how to book multiple rooms. But - overall, looking at one room, they were in the same ballpark. ACV was actually cheaper once I booked, but I think if I booked with Delta it would have had the same discounts, which I didn't see when I was getting the online quote.

Overall - haven't flown Rouge yet, but happy these are the 763s with the 2x2 business class section.
Old Sep 24, 2014, 7:34 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Have you tried calling ACV to make the reservation?
What is the point of a website that gives you flight options and won't display the J options? Not going to waste time calling them to see if what they show is correct or not.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.