Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Favourite Economy seats on 77W and 77L?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Should I just select bulkheads or are there better seats to be had? I don't do much AC long-haul travel so could use a recommendation.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
Should I just select bulkheads or are there better seats to be had? I don't do much AC long-haul travel so could use a recommendation.
18A/B/J/K are by far the best Y seats on the 77L/77W IMO.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 3:58 pm

Programs: It's hard to get status when the website won't let me book flights.
Row 18 is always my choice for 77W or 77L (assuming you're not on the HD).

18 B, D, G, or J are my top choices.

I find 18 A and K can get out without the aisle seat moving.

For the reference, I am 5'9 and 3/4 and I can just barley touch the bulkhead with my legs stretched full out up and straight.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sean Peever

For the reference, I am 5'9 and 3/4 and I can just barley touch the bulkhead with my legs stretched full out up and straight.
I guess the reduced seat width isn't a big issue? That's one reason I didn't book it. Also, do they have a window? I don't plan to take A or K but just curious

Im on the non-HD aircraft
Old Sep 14, 2014, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by MaydayMayday
I guess the reduced seat width isn't a big issue? That's one reason I didn't book it. Also, do they have a window? I don't plan to take A or K but just curious

Im on the non-HD aircraft
Yes, there's a window.

Seat width may be slightly reduced, but not having someone sitting in a middle seat is much more valuable IMO.
Old Sep 14, 2014, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by Sean Peever

If you are 6'0 or taller you are better off with 19 C or H or row 31 A,C,H or K, as in row 18 you'll hit the wall with your feet stretched out.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, CM Plat, Amex Plat, Hertz CP, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Gold, Vons Club
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Yes, there's a window.

Seat width may be slightly reduced, but not having someone sitting in a middle seat is much more valuable IMO.
Im flying AC1 YYZ-NRT and have 19A Seat Guru says no window? or is it misaligned? Its the only seat that they would give me in advance? I guess I am lucky as my ticket was issued by OAL.. Thanks and Safe Travels
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by t_rex
If you are 6'0 or taller you are better off with 19 C or H or row 31 A,C,H or K, as in row 18 you'll hit the wall with your feet stretched out.
Agree, but be prepared to do battle with the FAs: both times I've sat in 19H they have started meal service at the centre row and moved on to to row 20; forgetting the window row 19. And have seemed snotty about being reminded when it happened the third time on the same flight.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 8:10 pm

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Im flying AC1 YYZ-NRT and have 19A Seat Guru says no window? or is it misaligned? Its the only seat that they would give me in advance? I guess I am lucky as my ticket was issued by OAL.. Thanks and Safe Travels
It's either the 77W or 77L that has no window in row 19 - pretty sure it's the 77W. I'm sure someone can confirm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.