Wiki Posts
Search

Question: J Lavs

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:56 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by devriedd
I have noticed Express almost always make the announcement, and mainline usually do not that the front lav is reserved for our Business Class travelers. Having never (and hope never to!) fly on Rouge, cannot comment on their announcements.
I was thinking the same thing - from my experience Express is where I hear the announcement every time. Well, maybe not Jazz planes
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
As to enforcing, again, all over the place. Even if enforcing, they will let children and reduced mobility people come to the front. Which incidentally is by no means unreasonable.
Great, let all the kids from the back come to the front, why not its reasonable. It should be announced before safety gig.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by uni3052
If the lavatories in the back of the cabin are busy , I wonder what is the issue with passengers using the ones up front. I just did YUL-YVR and the line up in the back was big (I counted 6pax standing in the aisle). The SD gave the okay to a couple of passengers sitting in the first rows in economy to use the lavatory in the front.
What about if they are hungry, should they eat your food, or can't sleep seating down, use of your bed in J should be non issue, anything else comes to mind?; perhaps hand luggage, boarding priority, your booze maybe.
Why should that be just on the plane, on land it should be the same, lets share everything.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by jcamp028
Oddly enough, on a recent flight I took, the FA's made an announcement that the J lavs were for business pax only, yet there wasn't a single passenger in J.
And your point is, why not get the seat too.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
What about if they are hungry, should they eat your food, or can't sleep seating down, use of your bed in J should be non issue, anything else comes to mind?; perhaps hand luggage, boarding priority, your booze maybe.
Why should that be just on the plane, on land it should be the same, lets share everything.
Can we just not let common sense and discretion prevail for exceptional situations? Having said that, when enforcing bathroom use (where warranted), I've been called a few choice names.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by newfbc
Sometimes you just *gotta* go.

Ron.
Less beer will reduce the urge ....
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
As for the lav, I think that if the aisle is blocked due to service in Y, that it's easier to go to J, if there is no one waiting for it already. What are your guys' thoughts on this?
No, plan your needs accordingly. Or complain to AC for not designing their planes with respect to pax needs.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Can we just not let common sense and discretion prevail for exceptional situations? Having said that, when enforcing bathroom use (where warranted), I've been called a few choice names.
The fact that it is a topic here in this forum implies the frequency of this abuse happening consistently and not on an exceptional situations only. Long line-up are evident in sports stadiums and I can't imagine anyone being allowed to the executive facilities, even the kids....
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:43 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by rumblefox
Inconsistent is quite correct. However, there is a way to politely and while saving face turn someone back- I found this out on a SQ flight when I tried to use the First Class washroom when I was seated in business.
I was the only passenger in F on an LX flight when someone came through from J with his toiletry kit. The FA just looked at him; he paused, then turned around and went back. Not a word was exchanged.
Old Sep 15, 2014, 9:50 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
The fact that it is a topic here in this forum implies the frequency of this abuse happening consistently and not on an exceptional situations only. Long line-up are evident in sports stadiums and I can't imagine anyone being allowed to the executive facilities, even the kids....
Yes. I'm not so protective of the little extra privacy up front that I refuse to recognize exceptional situations. But some cabin crew seem unwilling to draw a distinction, or to let us know if there's a valid reason for all the able-bodied Y traffic.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by jcamp028
Oddly enough, on a recent flight I took, the FA's made an announcement that the J lavs were for business pax only, yet there wasn't a single passenger in J.
What flight was this? Pretty poor of AC Revenue Management to not get any J pax.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC*SE 1MM. a bunch of hotel programs.
^ thank you. these are 1st World Problems.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:37 pm

Programs: FT
early on in flights when crew is doing service, i have seen them turn pax around...when FA's disappear after first meal service on long haul's, i seem y pax stream into the forward cabin with impunity.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 1:39 pm

Programs: FT
you are either told to enforce it or not. common sense is not relevant.

if you are told by AC to ask people in Y to return to their lavatory to use, then i think you should do that. choice words, sort of comes with the job. [and you certainly can ensure the words used don't come without consequences if aggressive etc.]
Old Sep 16, 2014, 2:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by karachi
^ thank you. these are 1st World Problems.
Everything on FT is a first world problem. That doesn't mean it's not a legitimate complaint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.