Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 75% AQM bonus for 01SEP through 01OCT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 75% AQM bonus for 01SEP through 01OCT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:50 am

Programs: AC - SE100K
Rejected SE here. I hold no forward bookings right now, but do have two flight passes.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:06 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
The thing that escapes me is why have SEs who have already requalified received this. I can understand the argument of SEs who are on the way to requalify, or E50s who AC wants to bump to SE, but it seems a complete waste to send this to already-requalified SEs. Puzzling.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Didn't receive the email and got rejected trying the link. Substantially behind travel this year & have flex TATL coming up next week so would have been useful.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:54 am

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Another reject here. Too bad - definitely the kind of promotion that gets people to take a flight or 2...
Old Sep 3, 2014, 7:58 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Rejected as well
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:10 am

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
SE here - rejected as well. 80K AQM YTD.

But then again, I DID get the email about a similar promotion around the same time last year, and I was at approx. 65K AQM back then.

Too bad, I probably would have booked something to Asia to make use of it
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:17 am

Programs: AC*SEMM
Rejected

People, this is just maybe targeted to a segment that has nothing to do with current AQM or status ... maybe by postal codes ... provinces .. or simply a range of Aeroplan numbers from 700 000 000 to 800 000 000 for instance
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
The thing that escapes me is why have SEs who have already requalified received this.
Maybe they believe/know that some SE's are motivated by the opportunity to earn threshold gifts.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The Lev
Maybe they believe/know that some SE's are motivated by the opportunity to earn threshold gifts.
Yup, I was actually thinking exactly that... but really, are any of the threshold gifts THAT valuable? Certainly not enough to do mileage runs for.... maybe if one travels a lot anyway, I suppose.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 9:46 am

Also rejected. Will end the year around 65k. On the other hand, DL just sent me a nice freebie Gold card.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Anybody doubting that AC wants more status members, here is your answer. Just drag into the family as many as possible to buy Flex and play lotto. For those asking to buy status, this is your answer. Buy flex and get more miles. Incidentally, Flex fares appear to have crept up coincident with the promotion. Flex rules.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:38 am
Flying Blue Director

Hi guys,

I just wanted to clarify this promotion. It was not targeting SEs vs non-SEs, but rather all status members E35k and up based on a model we designed with Aeroplan. Unfortunately I can't get into more detail than that, but please rest assured it was not done by cherry picking our favourites or anything as arbitrary as that

I will just say however that for those members that were targeted, this quarter is particularly lucrative as you can triple dip: Earn Your Wings, 50% bonus on Aeroplan miles (non-AQMs) systemwide, and 75% bonus AQMs for this promotion. For those of you that weren't targeted for this 75% promo, you can still double dip with the EYW and 50% bonus promotions.

Last edited by Ben Lipsey; Sep 3, 2014 at 11:21 am
Old Sep 3, 2014, 10:53 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Ben Lipsey
Hi guys,

I just wanted to clarify this promotion. It was not targeting SEs vs non-SEs, but rather all status members E35k and up based on a model we designed with Aeroplan. Unfortunately I can't get into more detail than that, but please rest assured it was not done by cherry picking our favourites or anything as arbitrary as that

I will just say however that for those members that were targeted, this quarter is particularly lucrative as you can triple dip: Earn Your Wings, 50% bonus on AQMs systemwide, and 75% bonus AQMs for this promotion. For those of you that weren't targeted for this 75% promo, you can still double dip with the EYW and 50% bonus promotions.
Thanks for clarifying. Can you please post the link for the non-targeted 50% promo on AQMs systemwide? Thanks
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: AC*SE 2MM, Asia Miles, SPG Gold (life), HH Gold, Golden Circle Jade
Hi guys,

I will just say however that for those members that were targeted, this quarter is particularly lucrative as you can triple dip: Earn Your Wings, 50% bonus on AQMs systemwide, and 75% bonus AQMs for this promotion. For those of you that weren't targeted for this 75% promo, you can still double dip with the EYW and 50% bonus promotions.
.... presuming you didn't book your flights well in advance.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

Where is the 50% AQM promo? I thought that was NON-qualifying miles, and just regular Aeroplan miles? If it's the promo that begins on Oct 1 and goes into 2015..... well.... that won't work for a triple-dip, now will it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.