Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Is Maple Leaf Lounge Card Worldwide a new AMEX Platinum Canada benefit?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

I was looking at lounges that my AMEX Platinum Canada card could access (here is a copy of that page, and also a link to that page). I looked for YYZ lounges, and to my surprise, it shows that one can access the MLL lounges if one is an AMEX Platinum Canada cardholder, through the Maple Leaf Lounge worldwide card. However, I do not see this benefit posted on the web site, per se.

https://www298.americanexpress.com/b...#/loungefinder

View All Print
Lounge Finder X
Priority PassTM requires you to enroll. Contact Platinum Card Services at 1-800-263-1616 to enroll.Next Tip

As a Platinum Cardmember you have access to more than 600 airport lounges in 83 countries. Find lounges now, or learn more about our partners.
X
See which lounges offer complimentary guest access and other amenities.Next Tip

X
Find lounges on your smartphone on the go, including at the airport.Next Tip

SEARCH BY COUNTRY & CITY

OR
SEARCH BY AIRPORT

SEARCH AGAIN
TORONTO LESTER B. PEARSON INTL (YYZ)
PLAZA PREMIUM LOUNGE (INT'L DEPARTURES)
Terminal 3
Priority Pass
Plaza Premium Lounge (Int'l Departures)
Terminal 3
Priority Pass
Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures)
Terminal 3
Priority Pass
AIR FRANCE KLM LOUNGE
Terminal 3
Priority Pass
Plaza Premium Lounge (Domestic Departures)
Terminal 1
Priority Pass
Plaza Premium Lounge (Usa Transborder)
Terminal 1
Priority Pass
PLAZA PREMIUM LOUNGE (INT'L DEPARTURES)
Terminal 1
Priority Pass
TORONTO PEARSON INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (YYZ)
Plaza Premium Lounge
Terminal 1
Plaza Premium
Plaza Premium Lounge
Terminal 1
Plaza Premium
Toronto Pearson Lounge
Terminal 1
Plaza Premium
Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge
Terminal 1
Air Canada Maple Leaf Club Worldwide
Terminal 1
Terminal 1
Plaza Premium Lounge
Terminal 3
Plaza Premium
Plaza Premium Lounge
Terminal 3
Plaza Premium
PLATINUM LOUNGE ACCESS PARTNERS
You can enjoy access to airport lounges across the partners below, throughout the world. Your platinum lounge finder includes them all. More information about each- including access requirements- is provided below.

Priority Pass

Simply relax and unwind in any of the 600 Priority Pass lounges around the world. Simply present your Priority Pass membership card (which you will receive after you enroll) and a ticket valid for travel on that day on any airline, regardless of class of service. If you’re travelling with a guest, he or she may accompany you free of charge. For each additional guest, a nominal fee of $27 USD per person per visit will be charged to your Platinum Card.

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Platinum Lounge Benefit
Your Platinum Card membership provides you with complimentary lounge access across most major Canadian cities including Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal, and Quebec City. So take a moment to relax next time you travel for business or pleasure within Canada. Participating Canadian lounges are operated and managed by Plaza PremiumSM Lounges, Servisair Executive Lounges and Jean Lesage de-Québec.

Travelling with someone? Not to worry. Your spouse and two children under the age of 21 , or one travel companion are also granted complimentary access to participating lounges, when travelling with you. Simply show your Platinum Card for lounge access.

TERMS & CONDITIONS

Airport Club Program
Whether it’s going to be a long or short trip, before you board your flight, never forget, you have a way to avoid the airport noise and congestion. Enjoy complimentary, unlimited access to these participating airline lounges in the Airport Club Program:

• Delta SkyClubTM

TERMS & CONDITIONS

IMPORTANT INFORMATION
The lounge search tool does not include all partner lounge locations. Lounges and participating partners are subject to change without notice.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:34 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Very interesting. Once the queue thins out a little, I'll ask the front desk folks at the FRA MLL if entry with a Platinum Card is now possible. It's a little surprising that Amex would make such a substantial addition to their benefits package without telling anyone...
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Interesting. Would go some way to making up for the loss of CX Gold.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:48 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
I believe this is referring to the AMEX corporate business card which does get a maple leaf club card. That has been a benefit for many years.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kwflyer
I believe this is referring to the AMEX corporate business card which does get a maple leaf club card. That has been a benefit for many years.
if that is the case, then the lounge finder for the personal (non-corporate) AMEX Platinum card (Canada) should not display the MLL lounges, with accessibility via the Maple Leaf Lounge worldwide card. I presume that the list of benefits for the 2 types of AMEX Platinum cards is different, and therefore the lounge finder should display the different lounges, accordingly?
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:38 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
if that is the case, then the lounge finder for the personal (non-corporate) AMEX Platinum card (Canada) should not display the MLL lounges, with accessibility via the Maple Leaf Lounge worldwide card. I presume that the list of benefits for the 2 types of AMEX Platinum cards is different, and therefore the lounge finder should display the different lounges, accordingly?
I don't know. The link you provided requires a login/password......

AC's website clearly shows the Amex AP Plat and the Amex Corporate Plat as the only valid Amex cards with access.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:06 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
So I just logged in to check and OP is right, it does show up on my personal account now. I'm using the same link a few weeks ago and MLL was not there.

Edit: But it says the partner is Air Canada Maple Leaf Worldwide Club. So it is a bid misleading, unless the personal cards are getting the benefits soon.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
So I just logged in to check and OP is right, it does show up on my personal account now. I'm using the same link a few weeks ago and MLL was not there.

Edit: But it says the partner is Air Canada Maple Leaf Worldwide Club. So it is a bid misleading, unless the personal cards are getting the benefits soon.
Same here. Considering AC charges $665 for the worldwide Maple leaf Club card that would be a nice addition to the Plat benefits
Old Sep 1, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
@$#%@!

I was standing outside the MLL in Calgary a few hours ago, Platinum card in hand, cursing Plaza Premium for being at the far end of the airport!
Old Sep 2, 2014, 12:07 am

Just for clarification: if this does pan out as a new personal Plat card benefit, will the AMEX card itself be the accepted credential, or will need to be in possession of a Worldwide MLL card?

Further, when I had a Worldwide MLL card as an AC Elite benefit, one had to present an AC BP as well. Will this be the case here as well?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:42 am
Original Poster

No News after calling AMEX Platinum agent

I called the AMEX Platinum agent, asking the question if the Maple Leaf Lounge Worldwide card is a new benefit, or whether that display is a glitch on the web site. She first answered that she did not know the answer.

Then she looked at the AMEX Canada web site - that is available to the general public (ie one does not need to be a cardholder) - obviously not there.

Then she tried to go to the cardholders or insider (agent's) part of the web site to answer the question - unfortunately, she said the system was down, and therefore she could not answer my question. What irritated me is that she was not allowed to look into this question after I hung up the phone (ie look into this question when the computer system was working again) and nor was she allowed to call me, even if she did find the answer.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:02 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by ffsim
Very interesting. Once the queue thins out a little, I'll ask the front desk folks at the FRA MLL if entry with a Platinum Card is now possible. It's a little surprising that Amex would make such a substantial addition to their benefits package without telling anyone...
But isn't one of the benefit for AMEX Plat is having access to MLL globally?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
But isn't one of the benefit for AMEX Plat is having access to MLL globally?
No, that's only for the corporate one (I think).

However, Priority Pass has access to a few MLL such as LGA, LAX, and CDG, but have time limits
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:31 am

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
No, that's only for the corporate one (I think).

However, Priority Pass has access to a few MLL such as LGA, LAX, and CDG, but have time limits
Oh I think you're right...

Relax in over 600 lounges worldwide, including Air Canada Maple LeafTM* Lounge access6 in airports across Canada, in London and in Paris, and around the globe with Complimentary Priority Pass Membership22

They didn't really mention Frankfurt. I was under the impression that AMEX Aeroplan Plat gives access to MLL globally.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 7:37 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Ugh, I certainly hope not. As if MLLs aren't crowded enough already.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.