Old Aug 24, 2014, 4:18 pm

Programs: status-free
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I did some recalculating...
February -> YYZ-FRA-YYZ = ~7,900 miles
May -> YYZ-YVR-HKG-YVR-HKG = ~21,125
July -> YYZ-FRA-YYZ = ~7,900
By the end of July I should be able to have Early Recognition @ ~ 36,925
If your May HKG flight gives you Prestige status, would it be worth booking the July flight as YYZ-YOW-FRA-YOW-YYZ, as you'll then get the 500 mile minimum on the two YYZ-YOW legs? Assuming you have other flights planned toward trying to hit 50K by year-end, so that this might make a difference?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by biglinguist
If your May HKG flight gives you Prestige status, would it be worth booking the July flight as YYZ-YOW-FRA-YOW-YYZ, as you'll then get the 500 mile minimum on the two YYZ-YOW legs? Assuming you have other flights planned toward trying to hit 50K by year-end, so that this might make a difference?
It actually could, since even AP members get a min 500 (I thought it was only for people with status)

So for YYZ-YOW-FRA-YOW-YYZ = ~4218

How do I get AC.com to show YYZ-YOW-FRA?

With the list I still plan another trip to Germany in Dec. Doing some rough calculation currently I'd get approx 49,530. I may need to change some routes, esp with the 500 mile minimum with in YYZ-YUL/YOW.

Also I noticed most flight from FRA is direct to YYZ.

Last edited by BRAISKI; Aug 25, 2014 at 9:23 am
Old Aug 25, 2014, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Question Best options from YYZ to MNL

So initially I was going to HKG only but it looks like I might go to MNL.

From my other thread some may not checked it, someone suggested to take PE from YYZ-YVR-HKG. This is awesome to maximize AQM

I noticed the problem is that there isn't much options with *A from HKG-MNL. I would prefer to go through HKG but might consider Japan or Korea. But going to HKG with PE would maximize my AQM.

Also another person suggested SIN but wow that was some crazy connections! That surely maximized the AQM .

I was initially planning to book a flight with AC from YYZ-YVR-HKG and the buy a separate ticket from HKG-MNL. I am not sure how much hassle or good idea, esp if I need to take my check-in luggage.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 10:44 am
Formerly known as tireman77

I believe ANA has 2 non stops to MNL. One from HND, one fro NRT. If the HND is still on the 787 when you wish to fly, you could still do PE. I'm sure there is a baggage agreement between ANA & AC even if they are on 2 tickets.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by tireman77
I believe ANA has 2 non stops to MNL. One from HND, one fro NRT. If the HND is still on the 787 when you wish to fly, you could still do PE. I'm sure there is a baggage agreement between ANA & AC even if they are on 2 tickets.
ANA is in *A, so you should be able to get it onto one ticket, and depending on fare class, even more AQM.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 3:27 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
So initially I was going to HKG only but it looks like I might go to MNL.

From my other thread some may not checked it, someone suggested to take PE from YYZ-YVR-HKG. This is awesome to maximize AQM

I noticed the problem is that there isn't much options with *A from HKG-MNL. I would prefer to go through HKG but might consider Japan or Korea. But going to HKG with PE would maximize my AQM.

Also another person suggested SIN but wow that was some crazy connections! That surely maximized the AQM .

I was initially planning to book a flight with AC from YYZ-YVR-HKG and the buy a separate ticket from HKG-MNL. I am not sure how much hassle or good idea, esp if I need to take my check-in luggage.
AC and PR or SQ, your baggage goes all the way to mnl whether you transit via hkg or sin.
Would suggest taking AC yyz to ist around 1600$ flex. Then, ist to mnl with sq around 1400$.
So thats like 3k$ for around 24k miles.

In any event, if you fly yyz-hkg with ac and then hkg to mnl with pr. They have and interline agreement or whatever you call it, and your luggage tags go all the way to mnl. However u need to get your boarding pass for pr to mnlmin the transfer desk in hkg

Last edited by supatight80; Aug 25, 2014 at 3:34 pm
Old Sep 22, 2014, 11:14 pm

Programs: Yes, I belong.
Originally Posted by biglinguist
There's no early qualification for P25K, so this is moot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.