Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How does one actually talk to Air Canada?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by vernonc
You can also select French language option when you first dial in. It has been posted here that the French hold times are much less and apparently the French language agents can also speak English
I've done this before to reach an iTunes rep who was actually in Canada, it's come in handy in a few other situations too I'm just worried for the day I get someone who doesn't also speak English, as my French is rather embarrassing...
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:10 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Try calling Hong Kong or London - usually the waits are much shorter.
I always call Hong Kong. They usually pick right up and everyone speaks English.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: United Silver, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Explorist
I've always wondered about AC's exceedingly long phone wait times. Clearly it must be costing them some revenue (i.e. people that want to buy tickets and give up, people who want to buy preferred seats and give up etc.) Most every other airline I can think of thinks it's a good business decision to have an appropriate number of phone agents to respond in a reasonable time to the phone calls - why not AC?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 12:43 am

I called the Latin America 866 number and got right through.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 1:44 am

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
I know it's been said before, but I had to call UA today to add a known traveler number to my booking when i was standing at the check in counter for precheck to work, and I got through in under 60 seconds... I have no UA status. The Philippines call center agent was quick and understood my request as well.
Old Jul 26, 2014, 4:58 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Phone BA (no status) last week to process an upgrade for YYZ-LHR that I couldn't do online and had a wait time of 2 minutes!
Old Jul 26, 2014, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I know it's been said before, but I had to call UA today to add a known traveler number to my booking when i was standing at the check in counter for precheck to work, and I got through in under 60 seconds... I have no UA status. The Philippines call center agent was quick and understood my request as well.
Calling AC baggage line reaches India quite quickly, too. Overall I'd rather deal with Agents here in NA.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
<bump> for a quick question about Preferred Seats, since that's what this thread is really all about...

I've searched all the other threads and it seems like the preferred seats are open to all at t-24, is that correct? I've scoured the AC website and if it actually says that anywhere, I can't find it...

Also, I've reviewed the LMU thread and can't find anyone referencing yyz-sfo, does anyone have experience with this market and if available, what it might be offered at?

Last, but not least, am I correct in assuming that the 320's are not Rouged? That sounds like a hideous product and if I can avoid it, I will.

Thank you all in advance for your help! I almost put this in the sticky to the Ben's, but I figure this is pretty common knowledge to those of you familiar with the ins and outs of AC.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by NoLaGent
<bump> for a quick question about Preferred Seats, since that's what this thread is really all about...

I've searched all the other threads and it seems like the preferred seats are open to all at t-24, is that correct? I've scoured the AC website and if it actually says that anywhere, I can't find it...

Also, I've reviewed the LMU thread and can't find anyone referencing yyz-sfo, does anyone have experience with this market and if available, what it might be offered at?

Last, but not least, am I correct in assuming that the 320's are not Rouged? That sounds like a hideous product and if I can avoid it, I will.

Thank you all in advance for your help! I almost put this in the sticky to the Ben's, but I figure this is pretty common knowledge to those of you familiar with the ins and outs of AC.
1. Preferred seats do (presently) open at T-24 for everyone. In my experience though, exit row seats even if unoccupied may show as blocked during OLCI.

2. LMU in the past 12-15 months on that route I have seen as low as $399 and as high as $899. Flights ex-Canada would be priced in CAD and ex-USA would be priced in USD.

3. YYZ-SFO is not a rouge route, even if operated by a 319. Most flights these days will be 320s with the occasional 321 though as there are a lot less mainline 319s to go around.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 8:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by D582
1. Preferred seats do (presently) open at T-24 for everyone. In my experience though, exit row seats even if unoccupied may show as blocked during OLCI.

2. LMU in the past 12-15 months on that route I have seen as low as $399 and as high as $899. Flights ex-Canada would be priced in CAD and ex-USA would be priced in USD.

3. YYZ-SFO is not a rouge route, even if operated by a 319. Most flights these days will be 320s with the occasional 321 though as there are a lot less mainline 319s to go around.
Fantastic, thank you so much for the info.! At $399 I'd jump on it, but only 2 preferred seats are taken at this point, so I'd guess my odds are pretty good that I can snag that as hopefully a worst case scenario. It's still baffling to me that AC can't fix their system and allow me to give them money, but as a UA flyer, I'm pretty used to antiquated systems.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 1:15 am

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by vernonc
You can also select French language option when you first dial in. It has been posted here that the French hold times are much less and apparently the French language agents can also speak English
I tried that and the agent answered less then 1 minute. However, she talk to me in French first, and I replied in English said I "pressed the wrong key"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.