Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Best lounge at YVR? MLL vs Plaza Premium?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2014, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold

Hi,

I will be flying out of YVR later this month. I will have access to both the MLL lounge and the Plaza Premium lounge. Which one is the best? Best food selection?

Thanks!

EDIT: I heard the Plaza premium lounge is newly renovated. I'm hoping that has improved things compared to some older comments I've read.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM
Originally Posted by vd0t
Hi,

I will be flying out of YVR later this month. I will have access to both the MLL lounge and the Plaza Premium lounge. Which one is the best? Best food selection?

Thanks!

EDIT: I heard the Plaza premium lounge is newly renovated. I'm hoping that has improved things compared to some older comments I've read.
I always just check out both lounges if I am in an airport that has both MLL and PPL to see which one suits my needs (ie. hot food usually better with more choices in PPL, and also often quieter in PPL).
Old May 3, 2014, 11:28 am
Original Poster

I'm flying with Lufthansa.. not sure which of the two is closest to LH gates.
Old May 3, 2014, 11:49 am

PP lounge is closer to the gate....by about 100'.
Old May 3, 2014, 1:29 pm

As others have said, PPL lounge is quieter and the only one with proper hot food. (Waffles in the morning!)
Old May 3, 2014, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Hot food is good I'm flying out in the evening so it would be good to have some warm food before the flight!

To be honest, I was expecting the MLL to be the better choice, as airline lounges often are compared to third-party lounges. But this is precisely whey I check on FT!
Old May 3, 2014, 3:57 pm

The new international plaza premium lounge was just renovated and is really nice.
Old May 3, 2014, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by vd0t
Hot food is good I'm flying out in the evening so it would be good to have some warm food before the flight!

To be honest, I was expecting the MLL to be the better choice, as airline lounges often are compared to third-party lounges. But this is precisely whey I check on FT!
Many airlines use the PPL for their premium pax.

Off the top of my head... JAL, Philippine Airlines, Malaysian, Korean, Air China
Old May 3, 2014, 6:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Deleted

Last edited by superangrypenguin; Dec 20, 2014 at 8:09 am
Old May 3, 2014, 8:04 pm

I was not impressed with the renovated YVR international PPL. It just felt to me like a typical North American lounge, but somehow I expected a European or Asian level. I haven't been to YVR international MLL, but YVR transborder MLL was nicer than the newly renovated YVR international PPL.
Old May 4, 2014, 2:37 am
Original Poster

What was nicer about the MLL?
Old May 4, 2014, 4:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Depends on which section you are departing from (dom/tb/int'l).

The only thing I would give the PPL an edge up is more hot food choices. And a slight larger variety of beer.

Other than that, the comfort, showers, decor,no assistance during Irrops, faster wifi, non pax use, etc. make the MLL a better deal IMO.

I have heard the Intl PPL has just been renovated, although they charge for showers, daybeds, and give that place a year or two and the furniture won't look/feel as nice.

I do enjoy the big brown plush pleather chairs in the YVR mll though. YVR TB also has snoozing chaise lounge IIRC. Haven't used the Int'l MLL.
Old May 4, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: AC-SE MM
The Domestic MLL must up there game. I personally haven't steeped into one in a year. I use the Amex PPL when ever I have time. It's better food, much better drink, and quiter than the MLL. In YEG they are right beside each other and I always use the PPL. The beer in YEG simply sucks. I don't drink Wine when at AC either in the lounge on our the plane.
Old May 4, 2014, 6:09 am

Programs: AC SE, SPG Plat, FPC Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vliou
I have never found the elusive domestic YVR Amex lounge. Where the heck is it?
It is by the westjet terminal. Not conveniently located, but great selection of made-to-order menu that changes weekly.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 7:49 am

Programs: Altitude E50K, WS Gold (status match)
I am flying NH this afternoon (YVR-HND) and my BP has an invite to the PPL. I'm wondering why I have this invite? Also can I guest my wife into the PPL or am I stuck with the INTL MLL? By the sounds of things, PPL is > MLL in YVR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.