Search

Points upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Points upgrade?

Hi folks,

Is it possible to upgrade a Flex fare to business class using points, or is this only possible on a Latitude fare?

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:20 pm

If by points you mean aeroplan, latitude only; if by points you mean eupgrades then flex and latitude.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

I'm especially gratified to see that the Latitude fare (YVR-YOW) is 25% more expensive than the Business fare.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:52 am

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by yvrgary
Thanks!

I'm especially gratified to see that the Latitude fare (YVR-YOW) is 25% more expensive than the Business fare.
I don't know about your specific date but I assume your FLEXIBLE economy seat (latitude) is more expensive than your DISCOUNT/FINAL SALE business seat (business lowest). Comparing apples to apples would be looking at a full J class ticket which is very seldom (but not never) cheaper than Latitude.

If you have no need to cancel or change then clearly the Z seat is a better deal but that is the (logical) reason why latitude is sometimes priced higher...

Mark
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lowside67
I don't know about your specific date but I assume your FLEXIBLE economy seat (latitude) is more expensive than your DISCOUNT/FINAL SALE business seat (business lowest). Comparing apples to apples would be looking at a full J class ticket which is very seldom (but not never) cheaper than Latitude.

If you have no need to cancel or change then clearly the Z seat is a better deal but that is the (logical) reason why latitude is sometimes priced higher...

Mark
Agreed. If Z works, then why wouldn't G work?
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowside67
Comparing apples to apples would be looking at a full J class ticket which is very seldom (but not never) cheaper than Latitude.
In my case, the only factor that matters is a lie-flat seat, to accommodate a chronic spinal injury which makes sitting for over an hour incredibly painful.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:00 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Thanks!

In my case, the only factor that matters is a lie-flat seat, to accommodate a chronic spinal injury which makes sitting for over an hour incredibly painful.
Lie-flat seats are not guaranteed on domestic routes. It's entirely possible for the aircraft to be down-gauged to a narrow-body.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC 75K
Then full fare economy and use Aeroplan points to upgrade (assuming inventory is available) or a discounted business class ticket are your options.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:09 pm

Lucky for you YOW-YVR-YOW will shortly be up gauged to a widebody :P but as D582 pointed out; the aircraft can be down gauged for a host of reasons.

Take AC34 for example, SYD-YVR-YYZ; if the SYD-YVR segment is very late they will sub in a 320 for 34 to YYZ and replace one of the later YVR-YYZ that was to be a 320 with the 77L.

Remember that a lot of wide bodies are thru international flights or positioning for international flights.

If there was a down gauge a latitude fare would allow you change flights for free, on a Z fare you would need to pay a change fee.

Last edited by hearna; Apr 23, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.