Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

More information about Premium rouge, from Air Canada rouge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More information about Premium rouge, from Air Canada rouge

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2014, 4:15 pm

Programs: AP SPG HH
And how does such a mistake get past supervisor approval and actually get published on the website????
Old May 25, 2014, 6:47 pm

Programs: AC E75K *G
Originally Posted by Northern Canuck
And how does such a mistake get past supervisor approval and actually get published on the website????
Probably the same way every other mistake happens in life.

It is really not a big deal.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:32 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by antirealist
Here's part of a email I received from AC on this issue in 2008:

It is expected of our in-flight crew to ask our super elite members seated in Business Class what their meal preference is before continuing on with the meal service. Once again, I apologise that this did not happen on this occasion...

Sounds like an internal policy to me, and I'd interpret that as a benefit.
No arguments. Though I note that the apology does not say "to ask our super elite members AND NO OTHER ALTITUDE/STATUS MEMBERS seated in Business Class". i.e., since you were SE, the response addressed their intent vis a vis you. If an E50K had made the same complaint, I wonder if the response would have been "tough luck; we only ask SE" or "we expect Elites to be asked first / in order of status / etc."
Old May 25, 2014, 7:46 pm

Programs: AC 100k, BA
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Afaik having your meal order taken first is not an E50K benefit. While some FAs do take meal orders by status (starting with SEs followed by E75Ks followed by E50Ks etc.), I believe that FAs are only required to ask SEs and possibly MMers first and then just go front to back (or whatever system they use, which also depends on the aircraft).
One data point. I was 1 of 6 in "J" on a YYZ MCO rouge flight a couple of weeks ago. I was the only SE of the 6, and I am sure the only one with any FF status. Meal orders were taken front to back and I was third in line. Ordered salmon but the first two PAX had also ordered it and there were only two on the flight. Pasta for me.

Status was not part of the ordering process on that flight. Not that I minded too much, I enjoyed the pasta, something I never order when I can choose the salmon.
Old May 25, 2014, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Must have been the same MCOYYZ crew I was thinking of!
Old May 26, 2014, 4:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by YYJForever
One data point. I was 1 of 6 in "J" on a YYZ MCO rouge flight a couple of weeks ago. I was the only SE of the 6, and I am sure the only one with any FF status. Meal orders were taken front to back and I was third in line. Ordered salmon but the first two PAX had also ordered it and there were only two on the flight. Pasta for me.

Status was not part of the ordering process on that flight. Not that I minded too much, I enjoyed the pasta, something I never order when I can choose the salmon.
Quite possible the FAs didn't know about meal priority, or didn't care , or that Rouge has slightly different SOPs.

Based on my last 100 flights I'd say my meal order was taken first on >90 flights. On most of those flights I'd assume only SEs were asked first (based on the number of pax asked first) whereas a few FAs seem to make an effort to ask E75K/E50Ks etc. before non-status pax. Funnily it's one of the most consistent benefits on AC.
Old May 26, 2014, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Is it realistic to reserve to front Lav for the few in Premium Rouge now that the back is sardine classed with a bunch more people?
Old May 26, 2014, 7:37 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Is it realistic to reserve to front Lav for the few in Premium Rouge now that the back is sardine classed with a bunch more people?
AC mainline 319 14J - 106Y
Rouge 319: 6J(ish) - 124Y

That's 18 more people sharing 2 lavs than mainline. At a certain point, you have to ask what you're paying 4, and one of the things in not having people walking up and down the aisles all flight, or a congregation of people waiting to use the lavs.
Old May 26, 2014, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by tireman77
AC mainline 319 14J - 106Y
Rouge 319: 6J(ish) - 124Y
Doesn't Rougre have 12 "Premium" seats?
Old May 26, 2014, 8:27 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I think you should all write in about meal priority on rouge. Either the crews need to be re-trained on this, or it would be nice to know that I need to sit in 1A if I want my meal choice.

I've definitely had meal priority on a lot of flights last year as E35K through E75K. Based on my experience last year (when I was not Super Elite), I'd say 75% of flight crews gave priority to anyone with status, in order of status.

I find breakfast to be the most inconsistent one. Yesterday's SFO-YYZ was done 1F 1D 2... 3... 4...
Now, I was in 1F, and a 50K MM was in 1D, so maybe SE and MM get priority and no one else was given priority? I know there were other SEs on the flight (from tags in the boarding area), but I didn't see if they were in Y or J.

I've had that experience other times too when I've been sitting further back, but I've never had trouble getting my preferred breakfast.

That being said, if I were in row 4 and didn't get my preferred option, I'd definitely write in about it
Old May 26, 2014, 8:29 am
Formerly known as tireman77

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Doesn't Rougre have 12 "Premium" seats?
oops. Indeed. My bad. I owe you a beer.
Old May 27, 2014, 6:46 am

And the story continues http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/air_canrge.htm
Old May 27, 2014, 1:43 pm

On flight AC1827 (YVR-OGG segment), you will be seated in Premium rouge

What???

I booked a business class ticket on AC57 on Dec.20, logged in to check my booking and saw this:

Flight Itinerary
Flight

From

To

Stops

Aircraft

Fare Type

Upgrade status
AC057

Vancouver, Vancouver Int'l (YVR)
Sat 20-Dec 2014
14:30

Kahului (OGG)
Sat 20-Dec 2014
18:35
1 ? Business Class (flexible), J -
AC18271

Vancouver, Vancouver Int'l (YVR)
Sat 20-Dec 2014
17:45 - Terminal M

Kahului (OGG)
Sat 20-Dec 2014
21:50
0 763 Business Class (flexible), J -

On flight AC1827 (YVR-OGG segment), you will be seated in Premium rouge.

Flight AC1827:
This flight is operated by Air Canada rouge. You'll want to learn more about Air Canada rouge's in-flight services and amenities, as these differ from those of Air Canada.

...?
Old May 27, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
What, they ditched the "HOORAY!!" from the emails?

Since you were rouged, you are allowed a full refund.
Old May 27, 2014, 1:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
bait and switch!
you have been cheated. Hopefully you will be put on a real airlines business class instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.