Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upset allegedly bumped customer takes AC to small claims court

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upset allegedly bumped customer takes AC to small claims court

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold Mariott Gold Aeroplan E25K SAS Gold NEXUS
Originally Posted by NordsFan
Sadly, your surprising ill will towards some of your fellow citizens leads you to make silly statements.

Sections 785 and 786 of Quebec's Code of Civil Procedure provide for recognition and enforcement of the judgments of other Courts.
^
Old Apr 2, 2014, 10:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by OliverB
My stepfather filed (and won) a lawsuit against the airline and still flies AC regularly, so the answer is no.

http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyand...4-b347396a6f6f

http://www.nationalreviewofmedicine....tice02_16.html

http://www.canadianmedicinenews.com/...emergency.html
http://www.frequentflier.com/blog/su...requent-flyer/

Front page of FlyerTalk today. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come in Canada. I understand Canada and US court systems are independent, but there are some ideologies adopted over the years between the two systems.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 1:44 am
Suspended

Programs: S100KMM,SPG Platinum,Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by atsak
If you don't get paid within a reasonable amount of time you can file for a seizure of assets or bank accounts to get your money. It's another $75 or something I think in Ontario. I didn't have to do that in the case I filed - as soon as I filed and served the respondent with the suit he wrote me a cheque.

I would file a seizure for sale of a plane they own (if there's any left that aren't leased). They could have the rest of the money after I sold it (just kidding I'm sure there must be some kind of reasonable limitation on it).
Yes in Quebec it's called "vente en justice"....wouldn't that be hilarious if it happened.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 7:44 am

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
It is up to the judge in PQ to decide if this verdict is accepted in PQ being outside of that jurisdiction. Unless the defendant has assets in the other province, good luck trying to get a PQ court honor at verdict made outside that jurisdiction. Sad but true. PQ is like its own country. (hopefully it will be soon) BTW I am not Canadian. Proud to be Swiss.

Sadly, your surprising ill will towards some of your fellow citizens leads you to make silly statements.

Sections 785 and 786 of Quebec's Code of Civil Procedure provide for recognition and enforcement of the judgments of other Courts.

Last edited by altitude75k; Apr 3, 2014 at 7:45 am Reason: addition
Old Apr 3, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by altitude75k
It is up to the judge in PQ to decide if this verdict is accepted in PQ being outside of that jurisdiction. Unless the defendant has assets in the other province, good luck trying to get a PQ court honor at verdict made outside that jurisdiction. Sad but true. PQ is like its own country. (hopefully it will be soon) BTW I am not Canadian. Proud to be Swiss.
As a proud Swiss, kindly consider continuing your tradition of remaining neutral in the matters of other states.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ffsim
As a proud Swiss, kindly consider continuing your tradition of remaining neutral in the matters of other states.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 6:56 am

Programs: AC*SE/2.1MM, Flying Blue Explorer, BA Executive Club Blue, AAdvantage Basic, ANA MC
Originally Posted by altitude75k
Seems that the Ontario-based plaintiff in this recent case had some good luck using the Québec courts to get an out-of-province decision recognized.

And again here.

And here.

Here.

Last edited by NordsFan; Apr 4, 2014 at 7:04 am
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AC Elite 50K, Amex AP Plat, Choice Privileges, National Exec Elite, Via Prefrence
Originally Posted by ffsim
^^^
Old Apr 4, 2014, 7:48 am

Programs: AY Plat, AA ExP, NH Gold, AMEX PLAT
Vielen dank NordsFan.
Facts prove me wrong.
I appreciate your knowledge.
Cheers.

Seems that the Ontario-based plaintiff in this recent case had some good luck using the Québec courts to get an out-of-province decision recognized.

And again here.

And here.

Here.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by OliverB
My stepfather filed (and won) a lawsuit against the airline and still flies AC regularly, so the answer is no.

http://www.canada.com/topics/bodyand...4-b347396a6f6f

http://www.nationalreviewofmedicine....tice02_16.html

http://www.canadianmedicinenews.com/...emergency.html
Are your stepfather and mother aware that you plastered their names on the internet?

And with just a few mouse clicks the following or more could be obtained and revealed:

Your last name, Linkedin resume, education (and with just a few more clicks what is legitimate and what is not (university)), earning power, earnings, assets, funding requests, stepfather's and mother's professions, earnings and assets as well as who depends on them for support and much, much more?

I'm not sure I would have done that?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WildWilly
Are your stepfather and mother aware that you plastered their names on the internet?

And with just a few mouse clicks the following or more could be obtained and revealed:

Your last name, Linkedin resume, education (and with just a few more clicks what is legitimate and what is not (university)), earning power, earnings, assets, funding requests, stepfather's and mother's professions, earnings and assets as well as who depends on them for support and much, much more?

I'm not sure I would have done that?
Which part of this was not already publicly accessible on the internet?
Old Apr 4, 2014, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Which part of this was not already publicly accessible on the internet?
None of it was accessible before we knew his last name, which we now do.
Old Apr 4, 2014, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Linked in is public information for the most part I believe. I don't use Linked In much even though I have an account with them. I assume everything is accessible unless the account user turns it off.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
Linked in is public information for the most part I believe. I don't use Linked In much even though I have an account with them. I assume everything is accessible unless the account user turns it off.
Yes, things are accessible. But the FlyerTalk user name won't cut it. The information in those articles plus a few mouse clicks and voila.

I'm tempted to say "you have no idea . . . " but I'm sure you do.

I'm not sure who would be more embarrassed if what's available were revealed. Him or his parents.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 7:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Man getting onto two flights with cancelled boarding pass raises concerns

http://thechronicleherald.ca/busines...engers-flights

A Halifax passenger who was able to board two Air Canada flights with a supposedly cancelled boarding pass is raising security concerns.

Gabor Lukacs, a passenger rights advocate, says he was introduced to passenger Dan Lachance after a complaint was filed against Air Canada in small claims court in Halifax regarding financial compensation for an overbooked flight.

Lukacs said Lachance was scheduled to fly from Halifax to Whitehorse, with connecting stops in Toronto and Vancouver. He said Lachance boarded flight 603 from Halifax to Toronto with his electronic boarding pass and then flight 153 from Toronto to Vancouver without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.