Are AC 777 equipped with ACARS?

Subscribe
Are they equipped with ACARS ?
Quote: Are they equipped with ACARS ?
I'm sure they are....

What relevance could this have in your life!?
Quote: I'm sure they are....

My neighbor is an aircraft mechanic and he said ACARS was an Airbus feature....and I said no.....

Just looking for the information.

As to relevance, some of us have a passion for aircraft and information about systems is good.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.1925 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Quote:
I'm sure they are....

Well he is an a320
Quote: Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.1925 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Well he is an a320
Let the plane geeks play in peace we do not need the hobby police telling us what is appropriate...

ACARS is airline manufacturer independent. Just need a transmitter and a carrier network (ARINC or SITA for example). Each carrier is assigned a frequency, AC is 131.475 MhZ for example. Kind of like a long distance text message back to HQ.
Quote: Let the plane geeks play in peace we do not need the hobby police telling us what is appropriate...

ACARS is airline manufacturer independent. Just need a transmitter and a carrier network (ARINC or SITA for example). Each carrier is assigned a frequency, AC is 131.475 MhZ for example. Kind of like a long distance text message back to HQ.
Thank you !
Hi Everyone,

Long-time lurker, first-time poster.

Aircraft Communication Addressing and Reporting System, or ACARS, is installed on all Air Canada Mainline, Air Canada rouge, Air Canada Express (Jazz), and Air Canada Express (SkyRegional) aircraft. It is an invaluable safety and communications tool. Air Canada was one of the first adopters of this technology, and it is used extensively.

The system is a two-way communication datalink between us - the flight deck, and System Operations Control (SOC) consisting of flight dispatch, maintenance operations control, load control, and crew scheduling) as well as Station Operations Control (STOC), and last but not least, ATC for pre-departure clearance (PDC) as well as controller-pilot datalink communication (CPDLC) which is gaining traction.

We also use the system extensively for weather reports and forecasts, runway condition reports, weight and balance figures, and takeoff/landing performance calculations, just to name a few. We can also send a datalink message to another aircraft in the respective fleet.

Further to all this, there is a constant downstream of how the aircraft is being operated in real time (engine parameters, system parameters, etc.) to maintenance.

If you ever can see into the flight deck from the first few rows, essentially any time you see us ripping something off the printer, it is coming from the ACARS system.

I hope this helps!

Cheers
Welcome to FT smoothride- thanks for the explanation.
I thought you were looking for me
Quote: Welcome to FT smoothride- thanks for the explanation.
I echo the welcome to FT and thanks for the information.
Quote: Welcome to FT smoothride- thanks for the explanation.
I also send the welcome. I am so appreciative of all the staff that take the time to post on this board. You are all great advocates for the company, and the information you share is factual and informative. Thank you.
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Touch) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.2.1.1925 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

Quote:
I thought you were looking for me
made my day
Quote: As to relevance, some of us have a passion for aircraft and information about systems is good.
Here's some more information re: ACARS for you, should give you a couple of nights worth of (hopefully) good reading.

Typically ACARS messages fall into three general message types:
1. Air traffic control (ATC)

2. Aeronautical Operational Control (AOC)

3. Airline Administrative Control (AAC)

ACARS messages are typically sent using one of the following:

ARINC standards related to ACARS:

ARINC - 618 Air to ground protocol.
                  ARINC - 620 Ground to ground protocol.
                  ARINC - 623 Defines ATC related messages that can be received or sent via the ACARS (Excluding FMS generated).
                  ARINC - 633 Defines AOC air-ground and ground-ground messages that can be received or sent via the ACARS.
                  ARINC - 823 Part 1 Defines secure authentication for message exchange between aircraft & ground systems.

The ARINC standards and documents can be purchased by anyone from the ARINC store.

High level ICAO introductory document to ACARS.

Good introduction to ACARS by Universal Radio - used to sell PC based ACARS decoders.
                  http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...s/acarsweb.pdf
                  http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...ders/acars.pdf

SITA ACARS over IP position paper.

The ARINC AEEC is in the process of updating some of the ARINC standards and papers mentioned above.

Happy reading! ^
                  Quote: Here's some more information re: ACARS for you, should give you a couple of nights worth of (hopefully) good reading.

Typically ACARS messages fall into three general message types:
                  1. Air traffic control (ATC)

2. Aeronautical Operational Control (AOC)

3. Airline Administrative Control (AAC)

ACARS messages are typically sent using one of the following:

ARINC standards related to ACARS:

ARINC - 618 Air to ground protocol.
                                  ARINC - 620 Ground to ground protocol.
                                  ARINC - 623 Defines ATC related messages that can be received or sent via the ACARS (Excluding FMS generated).
                                  ARINC - 633 Defines AOC air-ground and ground-ground messages that can be received or sent via the ACARS.
                                  ARINC - 823 Part 1 Defines secure authentication for message exchange between aircraft & ground systems.

The ARINC standards and documents can be purchased by anyone from the ARINC store.

High level ICAO introductory document to ACARS.

Good introduction to ACARS by Universal Radio - used to sell PC based ACARS decoders.
                                  http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...s/acarsweb.pdf
                                  http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...ders/acars.pdf

SITA ACARS over IP position paper.

The ARINC AEEC is in the process of updating some of the ARINC standards and papers mentioned above.

Happy reading! ^
                                  Thanks for the reading material.

I have to chair a non profit board meeting tomorrow....so I will have to put this ACARS course in abeyance for a day or two.