Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 033 YVR to SYD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:19 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
I was directed to the SQ lounge on Monday when I checked in
It was fine, nice food choices (no baked beans though)!

When I got there at 10:30 (AC 34 leaves at 12:30) it was only 1/4 full, but about an hour later it was very busy. Then an SQ flight left and it emptied.
I was surprised that it could cope with all the displaced pass, and wondered if not everyone was being informed about its availability.
Old Nov 19, 2014, 8:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by tomvancouver
I was directed to the SQ lounge on Monday when I checked in
It was fine, nice food choices (no baked beans though)!

When I got there at 10:30 (AC 34 leaves at 12:30) it was only 1/4 full, but about an hour later it was very busy. Then an SQ flight left and it emptied.
I was surprised that it could cope with all the displaced pass, and wondered if not everyone was being informed about its availability.
Good to know.

What do the new J menus on 33/34 have now?
Similar to other TPAC flights to/from YYZ?
Old Nov 19, 2014, 9:32 pm

Programs: AC75 MM
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Good to know.

I can't recall most of the menu - I had baramundi and it was excellent (every time I have fish I am impressed, and every time I have meat I am disappointed).
There is also a brunch option for breakfast as well as the usual omelette or pancakes. I had that on the way out and it was only so-so. On the way back I had the omelette and was disappointed that the relish was absent, which I enjoy, but as that's been around for several years I guess its time for a change
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Originally Posted by PLeblond
*A Lounge finder says you can use the SQ one.

http://www.staralliance.com/loungeFi...ine=Air+Canada
Originally Posted by lcohen999
You can...but they usually "encourage" you to use the ANZ lounge
Absolutely *A Gold and AC J pax can use the SQ lounge for AC34. And yes, they don't like it, as they try to be 'exclusive'.

The ANZ lounge can be a zoo in the hour up to AC34's boarding, so I always go to the SQ lounge, which is usually pretty quiet at that time. Only once have I been outright refused but I held my ground and they quickly relented.
Old Nov 22, 2014, 4:22 pm

Programs: Qantas FF Plat; Virgin Aust Plat;
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Good to know.

AC34 menu from a couple of weeks ago had:

LUNCH
Marinated prawns appetizer
Salad
Mains (leaving out all the florid bits):
* Herb lamb cutlets (had this - very good)
* Chicken breast
* NZ hapuka fillet
* Spinach and ricotta pasta
Cheese
Normandy cake (had this - dry & without cream!)

Snacks .. hot and cold ..

BRUNCH
Usual juice, yogurt, pastries...
* Tomato and chive omelette
* Apple pancake (Dreadful - dried out)
* Penne pasta
Old Nov 23, 2014, 12:26 pm

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
Thumbs up My two cents

I haven't been on 33/34 since May but:
1) Pick isle preferred seat in second row Y cabin (row 19) and you have the best possible leg room (there is no seat in front of you at all, just an access to J cabin). You can go in comfort on Tango fare plus preferred seat charge only!
2) Immigration is a breeze, customs can be a lottery but I have noticed that customs agent/screener pays close attention to your luggage tagging. Red priority luggage tags seem to do the trick and FF get to literally fly through. My total immigration/customs was < 3 minutes.
3) On return (AC34) and being on Tango fare (not upgrade eligible) I have asked anyway for J upgrade option. Check in agent has made a call to internal AC contact and 5 minutes later they called back offering J upgrade for $ 1500.00 only (without e upgrade credits at all). Shocking surprise!
4) All status passengers get at the check in priority "FastTrack" pass for security/immigration regardless of the cabin. SYD is really civilized big time. Security screener has literally shocked us by getting a transparent plastic box with the lid for my wife's Harry Potter size hat before running it through the machine!
5) Kiwi Lounge close to AC gate. Busy but spacious. LH Senator Lounge standard/food/beverage.
Doing around 60 flights a year. AC 33/34 was my highlight. Food and cabin crew top notch as well!
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Originally Posted by Eugeniusz Bodo
5) Kiwi Lounge close to AC gate. Busy but spacious. LH Senator Lounge standard/food/beverage.
Doing around 60 flights a year. AC 33/34 was my highlight. Food and cabin crew top notch as well!
SYD doesn't have an LH Lounge, NZ & SQ are the only two *A airlines with Lounge in SYD.

NZ lounge is currently closed until approx April 2015, for an full refit. So are operating an basic Temporary Lounge.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 10:22 pm

Originally Posted by cavemanzk
SYD doesn't have an LH Lounge, NZ & SQ are the only two *A airlines with Lounge in SYD.

NZ lounge is currently closed until approx April 2015, for an full refit. So are operating an basic Temporary Lounge.
I don't believe the poster was stating it was an LH lounge, only that the NZ lounge was of the same standard.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:27 am

Programs: AC 50K, NZ Gold
Indeed!

Originally Posted by industry_killer
I don't believe the poster was stating it was an LH lounge, only that the NZ lounge was of the same standard.
Thank you industry killer! This is exactly what I meant! One hour was not enough to make a dent in the endless battery of amazing NZ wine. Well, there is always next time!
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:00 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
I wasn't sure if this post should be in the thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...-777-a-25.html but at least here, it relates directly to the specific route and aircraft equipment.

Nice promo piece From Australian Business Traveller - Aug 27, 2015

Air Canada boosts Sydney-Vancouver business class on Boeing 777

http://www.ausbt.com.au/air-canada-b...-on-boeing-777
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:44 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
NZ lounge was the bomb for brekky, too early to drink..
We had UA J, wife AC34 J ,delayed 4 hours. So after we left she walked in the SQ lounge, turned around and went back into the NZ lounge for lunch.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:35 am

I can't seem to find any J class seats for this flight? Is it just never available?
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Bonvoy, Alaska, Avios
$550YQ 1 way for J.

I found AP seats go 354 days out. Only 1 J seat released. You might be able to get UA out of LAX but it depends when you want to go.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Royal Ambassador/ SPG Platinum 75/Marriott gold
Originally Posted by netcbc
I can't seem to find any J class seats for this flight? Is it just never available?
i assume you mean for award seats? Yes AC does release seats, but they are taken very quickly. Perhaps there will be more seats in the future because AC is having troubles selling J on most routes.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by netcbc
Last year we got two J seats about 2 weeks out for Dec 31st.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.