Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck on AC?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2014, 6:13 pm
CT1

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Plat, Aeroplan dDiamond
Originally Posted by Shareholder
There is indeed a TSAPreCheck (I assume this is what you mean by "Preclearance") lane now at LAX T2. I tried to use it today when flying AC back to YYZ this morning and of course did not have the PreCheck logo on my AC boarding pass. Even showed my NEXUS card and GE symbol on my passport but wouldn't let me use the lane even though I have PreCheck with UA and AA. (I also used the number on my NEXUS card on my AC passenger profile for this flight.) Same thing happened when I had to fly AC ex-SEA a few weeks ago. The only advantage I could get was going into the F&J/C lane since I was flying J to get to the ID checker ahead of the ordinary folk...but from there you're still in the huge lines for security.
That priority lane also works if you have AC status - the checker at the front of the line let me and my family in no prob last week when we were there. Saved a lot of time, had to have been 30+ people in the initial line at foot of escalators.

No dice with getting thru to Precheck screening though, but frankly the regular screening was nearly as fast.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:07 pm

I just used PreCheck for the first time this morning flying AA out of JFK.

Good God... what a difference. The TSA guy even smiled at me. It was like a wonderful dream.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:07 pm

Programs: MR Plat
Originally Posted by Shareholder
The only explanation for PrincessYYZ's success would be that her bookings were done through UA and she was connecting off a UA flight through LAX onto an AC flight, with a boarding pass issued by UA.
Interesting, I have a similar booking that goes through LAX (SFO-LAX-YYZ) like that in a couple weeks, so I can report back then whether works
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I just checked in for SFO-YVR, and no sign of Pre✓

I Tweeted AC to see if they can identify some obvious issue on my reservation, but I might try playing with my middle name in APIS to see what happens
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:04 pm

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
There is a known traveller number in APIS now:

Additionally, the pop-up about the Known Traveller Number states:

If you do not have a Known Traveller Number, please leave this optional field blank.

Your Known Traveller Number (or Pass ID) is usually located on the back of your program membership card if you:
Are a Canadian citizen who is a member of NEXUS
Are a TSA Pre✓™ application program member
Are a U.S. citizen enrolled in Global Entry, NEXUS, or SENTRI
Have a Known Traveller Number from another source.

Please note the following:
TSA Pre✓™ will be available in the near future for Air Canada flights departing from select U.S. airports.
The TSA determines a passenger's eligibility for TSA Pre✓™ on a flight by flight basis. You will advised when you check in for your flight if you are eligible. Even if you have a Known Traveller Number, you may not be eligible for TSA Pre✓™.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by D582
There is a known traveller number in APIS now:

Additionally, the pop-up about the Known Traveller Number states:
Yeah. I noticed that and filled it in, but it didn't work. Nothing on my BP.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just checked in for SFO-YVR, and no sign of Pre✓

I Tweeted AC to see if they can identify some obvious issue on my reservation, but I might try playing with my middle name in APIS to see what happens
Just got off the phone with an agent. She said it is "effective April 22".

I'll report back when I check in for NEXT weekend's trip
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Just got off the phone with an agent. She said it is "effective April 22".

I'll report back when I check in for NEXT weekend's trip
Good to hear. I fly DL out of TPA (and it's great all round!).....but direct rouge flight with pre vs connector hmmm......I will simply base decision on price and guaranteed upgrade now.....cool
Old Apr 22, 2014, 5:52 am

Programs: AE 75K, Bonvoy Gold, BW Plat, AX AE Reserve, NEXUS, AX Business Plat
So, I noticed the known traveller number in APIS, but it disappeared as soon as I selected Nexus vs. passport. Do you think it automatically includes my Nexus number as known traveller?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
but which number is it on back of Nexus? I have one on the top left that says "PassID" and then another 2 different ones on the right hand side?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:19 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cruzcap
but which number is it on back of Nexus? I have one on the top left that says "PassID" and then another 2 different ones on the right hand side?
It is the 9 digit number under "PASSID" on the top left corner.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
great thanks...flying from FLL Thursday night so will give it a go...
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: UA Silv, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold,
I'd be interested in knowing how it turns out. I've had my corporate travel agent add my nexus to my booking and been able to fly UA while earning AP and getting PreCheck. Which in IAH is pretty busy but still much nicer and in PIT it takes a 45 non-priority/20min priority wait down almost nothing.

I have a couple personal AC flights coming up and need to know if its worth the call.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:28 am

Programs: AC*SE100K 1MM, Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I just used PreCheck for the first time this morning flying AA out of JFK.

Good God... what a difference. The TSA guy even smiled at me. It was like a wonderful dream.
I had the same flying on AA out of ORD yesterday. So civilised, AC really needs to get on this. It didn't help that the AA flight was around $460 return and AC/UA was $1100, not much of a decision there.
Old Apr 22, 2014, 10:35 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
I just called the SE desk about this issue.

Not today, as per a previous post suggests.

At least at the agent's level, she does not have a definite date. All that she knows is that it will happen "soon" - she is speculating that will likely be within a few weeks, but it is still an educated guess on her part.

She did say that when a date is announced, it will be announced officially on the AC web site, and the TSA web site. So, it will be obvious to everyone, including participants of the AC forum on FT - without us asking each other whether the program has already started, or asking what is the official date of the start up of such a program.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.