Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Market Fares

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2016, 5:33 am

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by canadiancow
24.2% on "up to 25%" seems pretty reasonable if you ask me
True - but it seems pretty Grinch-like (yes that season is upon us) not to have added the missing 0.8% to the discount (assuming this was not an artefact of rounding) ...
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Does anyone know what class Aeroplan priority rewards book into? I know market fare is a low Tango.

Last edited by Bartolo; May 23, 2018 at 10:30 am
Old Dec 3, 2016, 7:51 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Bartolo
Does anyone know what class Aeroplan priority rewards book into? I know market dare is a low Tango.
Priority Rewards only applied to Fixed Mileage Rewards, so, they are just the X / I class as far as I know
Old Jan 5, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AC 25k
I'm looking to book a YQM-MCO Aeroplan ticket in Business (Classic or Market Fare, I don't care).

I'm not seeing the routing I want on the website in Market Fare or as a priority reward (to match the revenue tickets I'm also getting), but it is one of the cheaper options on ITA.

Are there fare class restrictions on Priority and Market Fare rewards? I thought the cost (in miles) of Market Fare went up proportionally with the revenue ticket price.

If I call into Aeroplan, should they be able to find and book the ticket for me?
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
E50K does not get any business priority rewards.
S100K is subject to R space for business.

Market fare should offer anything that's available for purchase.
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:29 pm

Programs: AC 25k
They show up in my Aeroplan searches.

Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:59 am
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
S100K is subject to R space for business.
Well not any more. Got a reply from one of the Ben's to my query regarding diminishing availabilities. He is looking into it but here is his quote:

"I should also mention that many of the consumer tools used to check inventory (e.g. ExpertFlyer) are not actually able to search for true IKK availability, assuming you are simply searching for R class, as Aeroplan uses a different system that checks based on different criteria, so I might be careful about drawing conclusions based on that alone."

I don't draw conclusions based on that alone and remain concerned that availability has indeed shrunk dramatically recently.
Old Jan 6, 2017, 11:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by YQMYMM
They show up in my Aeroplan searches.

The priority you're getting is for the economy segment.

The business leg is regular availability, but your economy connection requires priority.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:08 pm

Do Mileage Levels Change Much?

I'm looking to book a flight from YVR-ATL (via YYZ) using a market fare mileage for the Labour Day weekend timeframe. I don't have much flexibility with my return date/time (there's really one flight I'm interested in on Monday, Sept 4th). I want to wait until May to commit to booking the award ticket (since my vacation will be more solidly confirmed then - and I can avoid paying the change fee), but I'm concerned that this flight will either disappear, or the market fare will go up to something completely unreasonable. Thankfully the flight I want is offered at the lowest market fare (44,800) which is promising. What do you think the chances that this market fare will stay available, and fairly stable, for the next few months?
Old Jan 25, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by pokee
I'm looking to book a flight from YVR-ATL (via YYZ) using a market fare mileage for the Labour Day weekend timeframe. I don't have much flexibility with my return date/time (there's really one flight I'm interested in on Monday, Sept 4th). I want to wait until May to commit to booking the award ticket (since my vacation will be more solidly confirmed then - and I can avoid paying the change fee), but I'm concerned that this flight will either disappear, or the market fare will go up to something completely unreasonable. Thankfully the flight I want is offered at the lowest market fare (44,800) which is promising. What do you think the chances that this market fare will stay available, and fairly stable, for the next few months?
Pokee: have you considered using Alaska miles for that flight? Redemption values, and schedules, for that timeframe look good.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 5:00 pm

Originally Posted by jerry305
Pokee: have you considered using Alaska miles for that flight? Redemption values, and schedules, for that timeframe look good.
Yes, I even have enough points BUT - all lowest award availability is on Delta only. And since the partnership is ending as of April 30, 2017 and my travel is in Aug/Sept/17, I can't change/cancel the flights if I need to. I can hope that lower award space opens up as of May 1, 2017 on the AS flights, but I'm not holding my breath...

Redeeming on Aeroplan is my only other option. Not a great use of points, but I don't have the cash to pay for a ticket...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:39 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Aeroplan: market fare award can not be changed for fixed mileage award!

I wanted to change my daughter's Aeroplan market fare award for a fixed mileage award. I spoke to an Aeroplan agent, and she stated that it is not allowed. Is she correct?

She stated that a market fare award can be changed for another market fare award.

She stated that a fixed mileage award can be changed for another fixed mileage award or a market fare award.

So if she is right, can anyone point in the FAQ section of Aeroplan, to attest to her statement?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 9:52 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I don't agree or disagree with the agent's statement, but can't you just refund the flight and then book a new one (only works if you're >22 days out, I suppose)?
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pewpew
I don't agree or disagree with the agent's statement, but can't you just refund the flight and then book a new one (only works if you're >22 days out, I suppose)?
Her award is <22 days out.

PS-searching this thread, I see the same query in post # 131 and #132 .

Last edited by FlyerGoldII; Aug 10, 2017 at 10:23 pm
Old Aug 10, 2017, 10:23 pm

T&C #44
44. Market Fare Flight rewards may not be changed to Fixed Mileage Flight Rewards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.