Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ-BKK what your preferred route

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, Fairmont Plat
YYZ-BKK what your preferred route

I'm trying to book a route from YYZ-BKK for a friend, and the date is going to be from May 3-5 2014, any one of these 3 days for departure is fine.

I'm trying to minimize the number of segments while trying to avoid YQ. So the route I came up with was yyz-lax(ac)-tpe(br)-bkk(tg) (i actually booked this for myself), but this is 2 layovers and i think the preference would be 1 layover and avoid YQ. The other options i can think of are yyz-lax-pek-bkk, or yyz-sfo-pek-bkk. these two seems OKAY but again are 2 layovers.

I'm wondering if you experts at FT have some input for this, ie, whats your most efficient route to BKK from YYZ while trying to minimize YQ. Thanks!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM
When I go its YYZ -HKG. And then overnight too BKK
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:47 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
In terms of availability, there's always decent space on Thai from CPH, FRA, ZRH & CDG with optimum connect times.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:10 pm

YYZ-TPE-BKK all on BR ?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
YYZ-ZRH/FRA/LHR/CDG/XXX-BKK only gets dinged for YYZ-BKK YQ not for each individual segments.

Otherwise as mentioned, BR, or a 2-connect on CA. JFK/IAH/LAX-PEK-BKK on CA will be all flat beds on 77W and A330/772 on the PEK-BKK.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
YYZ-ZRH/FRA/LHR/CDG/XXX-BKK only gets dinged for YYZ-BKK YQ not for each individual segments.

Otherwise as mentioned, BR, or a 2-connect on CA. JFK/IAH/LAX-PEK-BKK on CA will be all flat beds on 77W and A330/772 on the PEK-BKK.
Awesome, the 2 connect on CA looks good actually... Reason I couldn't do yyz-tpe-bkk is because there are no availability at all for BR flights

Can anyone comment on the J seats for CA on the 77W? is it comparable to AC/BR?
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:30 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Out of YYZ I'd find a TG flight on an A380 out of LHR or CDG.

I'm in YVR so I always go the HKG route on AC.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:32 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
It seems harder to get TG A380 lately. U/K why. Maybe high demand.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
YYZ-TPE-BKK all on BR ?
Yes to BR. No YQ at all

Note that YYZ-TPE depart on Tuesday/Friday/Sunday 1:30AM, arrive around MONDAY 4~6 am Taiwan time
so really only May 4th (Sunday) work for you

and you can connect to the ~9am TPE-BKK BR67

Good luck
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by mattc2
Awesome, the 2 connect on CA looks good actually... Reason I couldn't do yyz-tpe-bkk is because there are no availability at all for BR flights

You should mention the no-availability part before we reply
What other routes have you looked at? this is turning into a Mini-RTW question now :P

CA 77W J review
Flying Business Class on Air China’s Boeing 777-300ER - One Mile at a Time - One Mile at a Time
http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...ing-777-300er/
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seats are good, especially if there are two people. They go all the way flat.

I have no complaints about the 6 CA flights I took this year (2Y/3J/1F).

Make sure that from PEK to BKK you get the 772 or the A330. Avoid the 737!

On board, CA beats AC without question, and on top of that, you dont line AC's pockets with reward YQ.

Great selection of tea, you get PJs for the long flight too
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
Originally Posted by Virginia Emery
YYZ-TPE-BKK all on BR ?
This is by far the best option... only one connection, great product, no YQ, strong availability...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerryhung
You should mention the no-availability part before we reply
What other routes have you looked at? this is turning into a Mini-RTW question now :P

CA 77W J review
Flying Business Class on Air China’s Boeing 777-300ER - One Mile at a Time - One Mile at a Time
http://boardingarea.com/onemileatati...ing-777-300er/
Sorry that's my bad. I've also checked yyz-hkg-bkk, yyz-pek-bkk, yyz-yvr-pek-bkk. none of those are available. It seems I need to route thro the US or europe to get to BKK. But routing thro europe I'll be on TG, which means lots of YQ i'm assuming.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lowside67
This is by far the best option... only one connection, great product, no YQ, strong availability...
Hmmm I'm only seeing availability on Y on the 4th of may. other routes are unavailable... sorry if I didn't mention I'd like this to be all in J
Old Dec 5, 2013, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But routing thro europe I'll be on TG, which means lots of YQ i'm assuming.
Yes and no, Air Canada has a scam running that they charge you YQ for the entire journey, not just for scamchargeable segments. But in the case of YYZ-Europe-BKK, it actually works against them. Because YYZ-Europe (and Europe-BKK) YQ is more than YYZ-BKK.

It is about $230 each way for YYZ-Europe-BKK on AC/TG, compare that with ~$500 each way for just YYZ-Europe on AC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.