Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC selects Airbus 320NEO/321NEO in large N/B order

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC selects Airbus 320NEO/321NEO in large N/B order

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
Was there any talk of AC selecting new types of seat materials as well? That is, slimline (NEK) with Recaro backing (similar to LH's), or the traditional padded seats?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 7:12 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
Was there any talk of AC selecting new types of seat materials as well? That is, slimline (NEK) with Recaro backing (similar to LH's), or the traditional padded seats?
Hopefully AC will not go the United route and introduce slimline seats on their narrow-body fleet. Despite UA going for the 'comfort package', they are apparently noticeably less comfortable

Are slimline seats compatible with seatback IFE? I don't want to deal with streaming IFE when flying mainline!
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:06 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by rankourabu
In other news, AC announced they will put 453 people in an A321 in an all new industry leading 4* configuration.
And what about in Y ?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC-SE MM, SPG Plat Lifetime, Marriott Plat, FPC Plat, HH Diamond
I would also love to see C-Series planes joining the AC fleet. But it is not that easy on an operational standpoint.

The E175 now part of AC Express the only way I see C-Series joining AC fleet is a scenario where all E-190's would need to go out and be replaced by C-Series planes

It would not be efficient to maintain too many different type of planes without cross-cockpit commodity. Same for parts and maintenance.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC50K, HH Dia.
Originally Posted by yqtyyz
I hope not, I just did a 80 minute trip from FRA to BUD in a brand new LH A320, those seats did my butt in.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
I did FRA-CDG, and FRA-LIN-FRA in the same seats. They're very hard, and creaky when taking off, landing, or even just leaning back.

Originally Posted by Gr.Dane
I hope not, I just did a 80 minute trip from FRA to BUD in a brand new LH A320, those seats did my butt in.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Ooooh such good news. I rather fly on Airbus narrow bodies than Boring (but maybe my reaction is because I spent too many painful hours MRing on eewnited 737/757s)
Old Dec 2, 2013, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 767300ER
I would also love to see C-Series planes joining the AC fleet. But it is not that easy on an operational standpoint.

The E175 now part of AC Express the only way I see C-Series joining AC fleet is a scenario where all E-190's would need to go out and be replaced by C-Series planes

It would not be efficient to maintain too many different type of planes without cross-cockpit commodity. Same for parts and maintenance.
Nonsense.

The CSeries is larger than the E90. The CS300 is a competitor to the 319. From what we hear, the E90 is a goner and the 319 is going to Rouge.

so it sounds like AC is going to a 320/321+CS series fleet.

The one thing that was is doubt was about the 320. Whether keep the old ones and wait until BBD comes up with a larger plane that beats up the 320Neo efficiencywise, or whether they felt it's time for the current 320s to be put to pasture.

And yes it's good to AC to borrow money while they can. Might not last all that long when reality sinks back in.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
And yes it's good to AC to borrow money while they can. Might not last all that long when reality sinks back in.
What reality are you referring to?
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Spounce
What reality are you referring to?
Actual financial reports vs. current spin.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:13 pm

I think you'll find that there are actual financial reports out there.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 1:45 am

CFM Leap-X or PW GTF?

AC's traditionally has been heavily CFM/GE. But there's heavy Canadian involvement with the PW GTF apparently.

Having a common engine type between the A320neo and the C-Series, if they end up ordering such, could be nice. Far more commonality than they currently have between the CF34 and the CFM56.

Last edited by pitz; Dec 3, 2013 at 1:53 am
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:55 am

It's all fun and games until one of these starts flying to Hawaii. As HA is planning to do with their 321neos.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 767300ER
Or if, say, the E90 was sent to Sky perhaps? hmmm
The savvy investors here who have cut through AC's record-breaking earnings for 10 months now to see it's all spin. Amazing - if only they had put their money where their mouth is and shorted AC-B back in Jan when it was < $2
Originally Posted by pitz
CFM Leap-X or PW GTF?
AC's traditionally has been heavily CFM/GE. But there's heavy Canadian involvement with the PW GTF apparently.
Tradition will rule IMO - I'd be very surprised to see anything other than CFM under the wing. Agree? or Friendly wager on it?
Originally Posted by tracon
It's all fun and games until one of these starts flying to Hawaii. As HA is planning to do with their 321neos.
What does this mean? Don't tell me you're hinting at range issues? LOL
321NEO would be just like the 767 on YVRHNL for AC ... Except much more profitable
Old Dec 3, 2013, 9:17 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by tracon
By the time these come to the fleet, Hawaii will long gone Rouge with 767s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.