Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

SPG Aeroplan Promo: Up to 9000 miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

I might be late to the party on this one, but it starts today...

https://www.spgpromos.com/aeroplanfall2013/

EARN UP TO 9,000 BONUS AEROPLAN MILES WHEN YOU STAY AT STARWOOD HOTELS AND RESORTS AROUND THE WORLD.

Stay five qualifying nights at Starwood hotels and resorts around the world from September 1 – December 15, 2013 and earn 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles. Stay a seventh night and enjoy 2,000 more Bonus Aeroplan Miles. Stay a ninth night and earn 2,000 more, up to a maximum of 9,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles during the promotion. Nights can accrue across multiple stays.
More is always a good thing. Right now, SPG members can earn unlimited bonus Starpoints® with the SPG Take Two promotion.

The T&Cs are the usual for this type of promo. Don't forget to register!
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:26 pm

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Problem is, you have to set up your SPG account to direct deposit into Aeroplan - rather than collect SPG points directly.

Aeroplan would have to give me a lot more than 9K aeropesos to do that!
Old Sep 1, 2013, 12:02 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hilton Diamond AC*75K
Originally Posted by Braindrain
Problem is, you have to set up your SPG account to direct deposit into Aeroplan - rather than collect SPG points directly.

I don't see that requirement listed. And it hasn't been a requirement in a previous similar promo.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:36 am

Programs: 100K
Neither do I...looks like straight up aeropesos for SPG stays.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 3:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
It certainly looks to me like this stacks with the Take Two promotion. Double SPG points, 2500 points for 5 nights, plus a free 5000 Aeropesos on top...

Might make me shift a few hotel nights to Starwood... (after I trigger the IHG Big Win bonuses...)
Old Sep 1, 2013, 4:52 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
If it is bonus points which add to SPG points, it is a great promo.
If it is in place of SPG points, it sucks.

EDIT: from the t&c

Any Bonus Aeroplan Miles earned with this promotion is in addition to regular and any bonus Starwood Preferred Guest Starpoints® earnings
so it is great ^
Old Sep 1, 2013, 5:10 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM
Yay! I had points from the Aeroplan promo last year that were about to expire. I need 5 nights/4 stays for gold, so at least another 5,000 Aeroplan miles will be added to my account.
Old Sep 1, 2013, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Braindrain

No, if this promo is like the last one of this nature. Just ensure your AE and SPG numbers are linked (via the sign-up). Didn't change the default of my SPG account for the last promo of this nature. SPG Lurker confirmed this at that time. So this is a bit like the HH double-dip. ("Search" is not working this morning or I'd post the link to this thread.)
Old Sep 1, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Ok, good to know! ^
Old Sep 2, 2013, 7:52 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Thanks gateguard0
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Strange. I got the 5 nights Double Take bonus, but no Aeroplan bonus. Wonder why not? Registered at the same time, been two weeks since the stay in question.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Strange. I got the 5 nights Double Take bonus, but no Aeroplan bonus. Wonder why not? Registered at the same time, been two weeks since the stay in question.
Different promos, so they probably sweep at different times. I haven't received any AE bonuses either, despite having hit the 9 night requirement already.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 11:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by yvr76
Different promos, so they probably sweep at different times. I haven't received any AE bonuses either, despite having hit the 9 night requirement already.
Ah ok. I figured it can't be more than a week for the Aeroplan promo... but I guess it can, eh
Old Sep 24, 2013, 12:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
From last year, I remember it took a few weeks to come through - they'd then drop the points into your Starwood account and immediately transfer them out to Aeroplan.
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:02 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
My first 5k posted on AP with value date sept 22, 2013. Still missing the other 4k.

You can check spg.com if miles are about to post on your AP account as there will be a debit/credit of corresponding miles with description "aeroplan add promotions".

I also believe that the t&c states that bonus miles will be added after the promotion period, which is dec 15. So if you get it prior, then it's an added bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.