Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Executive First Seat Map - gender?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2013, 7:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Executive First Seat Map - gender?

On the Executive First Seat Map (777, 333, 767), seats that are taken literally have a person in them. Some have skirts, and some are wearing pants. Is this a real-time gender display? Looking at the flight that my friend just upgraded me for (thank!!) Row 1, A, G, K, are all wearing skirts, Row two A & G have pants, 3A, and 4A, are wearing skirts, and the rest of the cabin is empty? I'll probably wait until some skirts show up on the right hand side where the seats face each other, rather than strategically placing myself in 5A, but just wondering, is this accurate? My character is wearing pants, btw, thank god! haha
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:00 am

It is not accurate, but rather random.
Last year It had me listed in a skirt.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Completely random. Some manager in favour of political correctness probably decided to set a quota for the online display even though it doesn´t reflect reality. Obviously there are no more important issues to deal with.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:56 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
As an enhancement for SE, you can pay extra an sit next to the person you want like a dating game

its not real as they had me in a skirt on one flight when clearly I was in a dress!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As long as they don't lift their skirt...
Old Feb 10, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I was just looking into this last night with Mrs. YVR and we did some testing.

When you select your actual seats on a booked flight it will display proper gender for those individual seats. But when you preview the seat map anonymously gender for those same seats is randomized.

So there are probably cheaper ways to try to pick up a girl than AC Executive First!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: AC A50K
Strategic thinking

Originally Posted by yvr76
I was just looking into this last night with Mrs. YVR and we did some testing.

When you select your actual seats on a booked flight it will display proper gender for those individual seats. But when you preview the seat map anonymously gender for those same seats is randomized.

So there are probably cheaper ways to try to pick up a girl than AC Executive First!
A guy can make good use of this enhancement. A female in Executive first likely has more disposable income than one in Y. By selecting a seat next to a female icon, you will have several hours to charm her. This sailor needs a sugar-momma!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by km101
A guy can make good use of this enhancement. A female in Executive first likely has more disposable income than one in Y. By selecting a seat next to a female icon, you will have several hours to charm her. This sailor needs a sugar-momma!
I want to become a sugar-baby too!!! But I think that in Exec. First (as opposed to Business, or whatever they call the non lie-flat products), we want to sit across from our prospective gals, don't we?
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:28 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
As an enhancement for SE, you can pay extra an sit next to the person you want like a dating game

its not real as they had me in a skirt on one flight when clearly I was in a dress!
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/24/bu...anted=all&_r=0
Old Feb 10, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I've actually never noticed this before. But it is funny. (How many people wear skirts on long-hauls other than FAs...)

If I end up flying AC sometime in the near future (which is inevitable) and I get assigned a skirt icon I think I'll have to break out the kilt!
Old Feb 10, 2013, 2:53 pm
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Or come out of the closet.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 9:49 pm

You can do this on KLM now - see who is sitting beside you and chose accordingly http://klm-social-seating.articles.r-tt.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.