Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:04 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by perepelov
I don't know where are y'all people work, but in my line of business you wouldn't survive even an hour - with such "anticustomer" attitude...
And most of us wouldn't last an hour in our work treating a people the way you treated a CSR for a situation you admitted was not their fault.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by highfly3r
Is this for real? I feel like we've entered the twilight zone. The amount of ridiculousness being spewed by OP is uncalled for in my opinion.
We really shouldn't be too surprised OP treats AC staff so rudely since they are, in his words, Just a banch of lazy, poor educated, poor mannered selfish individuals not caring about anyone else but themselves - this is what Air Canada staff has turned into.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:07 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors
Your next post will be "Ah, I know why you behave like that - because you're being treated poorly by your customers, and are unable to respond to them, so you vent your frustration on others".

Go on, your script looks very familiar.
No, don't think I will - I understand being beaten up by customers and wanting to lash out at others but even that's no excuse for acting on that urge.

I have sympathy for your situation, I really do - not much sucks more than not getting something you were offered, especially when the details seem to be hidden. But honestly your behavior and even more amazing is your bragging about it, and then as if that weren't bad enough your comments back to people on this site (we won't even begin to address those individually) are more than enough to overshadow any sympathy that exists.

I think the general consensus of this community is: Accept that YOU didn't read the specifics and weren't looking out for yourself - the fact that things changed from previous offers sucks but is legal. Continuing to feed into your emotions (or whatever is going on in your head) isn't going to help and I for one am going to try to avoid it.

Just for the record, how many bonus points are we talking about here anyway?
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:13 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Last edited by perepelov; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by tcook052
The OP, in his own words regarding others poor behaviour:
"remind them that they represent not just themselves, but the company - and should act accordingly".
I'm sure the OP will gladly divulge the company he works for, as he's so proud of his recent behaviour. I won't bet any money on it though.....

I really should stop feeding the troll.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:15 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Last edited by perepelov; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:50 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hertz 5*, United Gold (Soon to be gone), Hilton Diamond
What about the fact that Aeroplan's behavior hurts me deeply? Wouldn't you agree that, had they chose to be honest and transparent, then I would've not been huring their people?
How were they not honest and transparent? Did they tell you in the email "Please don't read the T&C. Nothing has changed"? You still keep implying that you were mislead, when you simply chose not to read the T&C.

How "deeply" were you hurt by not getting a few bonus miles????
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:31 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
I am a Canadian living in Quebec and working of a US company - which gave me corporate AmEx card, and allowed enrolling into bonus program, provided I pay membership fee myself.
Only if you bet a significant amount of money - then I will.
Since I'm the owner of the company, there's really no risk for me.
Just out of curiosity, which is it: are you "working of a US company" or are you "the owner of the company".

Sounds a bit to me like you're one of those people who never let the facts get in the way of a good argument.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, HHonors
Originally Posted by Gogie
Just out of curiosity, which is it: are you "working of a US company" or are you "the owner of the company".
Nice catch Gogie, I completely missed that myself.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Last edited by perepelov; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:56 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:35 pm

Programs: AP SE, Bonvoy Plat, HH Gold, EC Executive, Hertz Pres Circle, Avis Pres Club
Thumbs down

What about the fact that Aeroplan's behavior hurts me deeply? Wouldn't you agree that, had they chose to be honest and transparent, then I would've not been huring their people?
You have now gone from bad to worse. There's never an excuse to yell and berate CSR - except maybe if they have been personally deceitful and raised their voice to you. But now you're already using a childish excuse "But Mommy, he hit me first"

Seriously dude, you have been "hurt deeply" by AP's behaviour??? And even if you were, taht give you an excuse to "hurt their people"??????
Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 1:50 pm

First off: yes, I have, believe it or not. That's my personality, I take those things very seriously.
Secondly, it's you who're talking about excuses. I'm talking about a completely different thing: how to force Aeroplan to care about their cardholders (let's avoid using the word customer, since you don't like it). If you could think of a better way - let me know. Suing them is not an option - they'll send a highly paid lawer, and, regardless of whether they loose or win, they still won't care. It doesn't hurt them personally - as much as it hurts me. On the other hand, if enough people upset their employees - they feel it, sooner or later. Again, there might be other ways, and I agree this is not the best one - let's discuss this, not me personally. This was the real goal of the post, btw.
Hahahaha.... good one. You really framed the original post in a way that fosters constructive discussion. You really respond in a way that fosters constructive discussion. You aren't trolling at all....

If you want to reboot things, why not start by telling exactly what the promo is you missed out on, and how many points we're talking about? And yes, those details are relevant if you want to have a genuine discussion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.