Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Been extremely rude to Aeroplan CSR on the phone

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:34 am
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Last edited by perepelov; Aug 21, 2012 at 2:47 pm
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:36 am

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
Originally Posted by perepelov
It was not the first time they ran this promotions - and every time in the past the transaction was eligible. They changed the rules this time - and failed to discolse it properly.
I'm sorry you appear to speak a different version of English to me

but "failing" to disclose all the details (it's not the first time that happened to AC/Aeroplan)
suggests to me that AC/Aeroplan have previously failed to disclose all of the detals. Silly me.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:38 am
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:38 am

So I called Aeroplan CS this morning to inquire about a promotion, and why I didn't get my bonus miles (I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm AC Elite, so I called the "designated" number; again, mentionning that only for clarification, not for bragging, so please save your sarcasm for another time). The lady told me that "Our t&c, which you might've read if you would've clicked on a web-link in e-mail, and then clicked on another web-link on page 2 - explicitly say that your transaction is not eligible for promotion" - and after that I started yelling an her. I was extremely rude and disrespective, told her that she should be ashamed working for such a bad employer, and so on and so forth.

I do not regret doing that.
So you chewed someone out in an aggressive and disrespectful, who didn't personally wrong you in any way, because you didn't get a few bonus miles? Wow, jerk move. Even more astonishing that you're proud of your behaviour. Unreal.

Acting like this just makes things harder for everyone, because as soon as a situation gets off the nominal track at all, agents start to get defensive based on dealing with customers like yourself.

I guess these are the new rules of the games: companies issue promotions, but "failing" to disclose all the details (it's not the first time that happened to AC/Aeroplan) - or making it difficult for customers to understand. Then, when customers call and complain - they instruct CSR to answer "sorry, there's nothing we could do" - and assume no liability whatsoever.
No, they didn't fail to disclose them, you failed to read them, as was pointed out to you.

I think it's deplorable.

I think a respectful company should not use such dirty tricks to attract business. It may be legitimate, but it's simply wrong from ethical standpoint.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who misundertstood. They've been running the same promotion, with the same image, for years - and if they decide to change t&c for whatever reason, I'd expect them to announce that on the e-mail, with bold letters and at the top. Anything less than that - is called "fraud" in my personal t&c.
You can think whatever you want, but it doesn't make it so. You can expect AP to come out with a news conference to announce a minor change in the T&C's for a small bonus miles promotion, but it's not gonna happen. You haven't given any details about what exactly was done so horrendously wrong, so absent of those details we're all left to assume that it was a really minor change and that you're just overreacting.

And yes, I know that it was not the lady's fault - however, in the absense of other ways to let the management of the company know, I will continue yelling and being disrespectful. If they want to talk like descent people do - let's talk, but let's not BS each other. First of all, I want them to admit that they've been cheating and intentially misleading customers - then I'd apologise to the lady.
So, you're just basically admitting that you're too lazy to even attempt to find a way to engage the proper people responsible for the problem who might be able to effect change, instead simply continuing to be a jerk to the front line staff who have nothing to do with the problem at hand.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:41 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by yycworldtraveler
Very poor form IMHO.

I hope the agent that you decided to berate took the time to add some notes to your Aeroplan profile so all future agents know what they are dealing with.
+1. In any case, the OP should not be rude. My parents taught me this when I was young. Don't know if the OP's parents did the same.

If she chose to do so, she clearly decided to step on a path of war. That path, fighting with customers - leads nowhere, history has proven it many times. We, the customers, unltimately choose which service we bring our business too - and that decision ultimately means whether this person will have a job tomorrow or not. She must keep that in mind.
We are not customers of Aeroplan. We've talked about it multiple times on this forum.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:41 am

Whilst I'm not a regular here, welcome to the AC Forum TheDude79...
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:43 am
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
OP misses the fundamental point. It is close to a sure bet that AC hopes that he jumps ship and has likely noted his account for the future.

As to the font size for promotions, the fact remains that it behooves the customer to learn the facts of what he's "buying" before he does so. FT is full of tales of woe posted by people shocked to find out that their ticket can't be changed, they can't get 14 F awards on a given flight and so on.

This one is no different. OP loses on the facts and the policy.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by Deckard
Whilst I'm not a regular here, welcome to the AC Forum TheDude79...
Thanks.... as can been seen from my signup date I've been lurking around for a while.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: FT
in the time you have spent here...you could have filed a small claims action. why not let some third party decide who is right and wrong. costs are nominal and downside risk is very very limited.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:51 am

Originally Posted by TheDude79
Thanks.... as can been seen from my signup date I've been lurking around for a while.
I noticed that as my first thought was that your were the CS person in question, signing up to defend yourself

It's entirely possible that the OP is trolling as posting on a public forum "I have behaved in a reprehensible fashion to an innocent fellow human and I'm proud of it" isn't the sort of thing most people do.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:53 am

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
So I called Aeroplan CS this morning to inquire about a promotion, and why I didn't get my bonus miles (I don't know if it's relevant, but I'm AC Elite, so I called the "designated" number; again, mentionning that only for clarification, not for bragging, so please save your sarcasm for another time). The lady told me that "Our t&c, which you might've read if you would've clicked on a web-link in e-mail, and then clicked on another web-link on page 2 - explicitly say that your transaction is not eligible for promotion" - and after that I started yelling an her. I was extremely rude and disrespective, told her that she should be ashamed working for such a bad employer, and so on and so forth.

I do not regret doing that.

I guess these are the new rules of the games: companies issue promotions, but "failing" to disclose all the details (it's not the first time that happened to AC/Aeroplan) - or making it difficult for customers to understand. Then, when customers call and complain - they instruct CSR to answer "sorry, there's nothing we could do" - and assume no liability whatsoever.

I think it's deplorable.

I think a respectful company should not use such dirty tricks to attract business. It may be legitimate, but it's simply wrong from ethical standpoint.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who misundertstood. They've been running the same promotion, with the same image, for years - and if they decide to change t&c for whatever reason, I'd expect them to announce that on the e-mail, with bold letters and at the top. Anything less than that - is called "fraud" in my personal t&c.

And yes, I know that it was not the lady's fault - however, in the absense of other ways to let the management of the company know, I will continue yelling and being disrespectful. If they want to talk like descent people do - let's talk, but let's not BS each other. First of all, I want them to admit that they've been cheating and intentially misleading customers - then I'd apologise to the lady.

What the?

The T/C are the rules. It's up to you ultimately to figure out what they are.
Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:56 am
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 11:58 am
Original Poster

=DELETED=

Old Aug 21, 2012, 12:00 pm

Programs: FT
or it's an "underbrag"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/...rticle4489966/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.