Community
Wiki Posts
Search

70,000 Q-Mile Reward Ticket

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2001, 2:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
70,000 Q-Mile Reward Ticket

I expect to pass the 70,000 q-mile mark shortly and qualify for the Long-haul NA Hospitality Service reward ticket.

For those of you who have got this already in 2001 - two questions: (1) What fare class is this booked in? (2) Does it arrive in the next monthly statement or sooner than that?

Just planning ahead...

Old Aug 26, 2001, 2:53 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ACORD:
I expect to pass the 70,000 q-mile mark shortly and qualify for the Long-haul NA Hospitality Service reward ticket.

For those of you who have got this already in 2001 - two questions: (1) What fare class is this booked in? (2) Does it arrive in the next monthly statement or sooner than that?

Just planning ahead...

</font>

It's booked in W. Add 10,000 miles to it, and you can book in exec class (C). I did, and am off to LA tomorrow using it.

I'm SE, and it was in the mail to me the Sunday after I qualified. Your mileage may vary.
Old Aug 26, 2001, 4:54 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by InTheAirGuy:

It's booked in W. Add 10,000 miles to it, and you can book in exec class (C). I did, and am off to LA tomorrow using it.
</font>
I too received it quickly after passing 70K.

The upgrade for 10K is encouraging ... did you just call the SE desk to take care of this?

Also ... is this certificate only usable by me or can I purchase a ticket for my wife (if she travels with me)?

The certificate I received last year (60K) was able to be used by my wife, but I do not recall if they called it a reward or companion ticket.

SimonC
Old Aug 26, 2001, 5:20 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

The ticket is booked in W for economy and D for business. (not C as InTheAirGuy mentioned, otherwise we'll be getting Q miles! )

The voucher arrives seperately, you should expect to get it 2 weeks after you qualify.

The 10K upgrade thing applies to everyone but they don't publicize it so you really have to know it to take advantage of it.

This certificate is transferrable and useable by everyone. It has your name printed on it but it states that the "bearer of the certificate" can use it.
Old Aug 26, 2001, 7:38 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Empress:
The ticket is booked in W for economy and D for business. (not C as InTheAirGuy mentioned, otherwise we'll be getting Q miles! )

The voucher arrives seperately, you should expect to get it 2 weeks after you qualify.

The 10K upgrade thing applies to everyone but they don't publicize it so you really have to know it to take advantage of it.

This certificate is transferrable and useable by everyone. It has your name printed on it but it states that the "bearer of the certificate" can use it.
</font>
Thanks, as always, for the excellent information... onwards!

SimonC
Old Aug 26, 2001, 8:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
Thanks all. Very useful info -- especially the 10K upgrade -- must be the only situation AC has where you can use points to upgrade....
Old Sep 25, 2001, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just received this award. Is Mexico defined as NA ? And is codeshare ok? I hope to use it
YWG-YYZ-PVR
Old Sep 25, 2001, 7:13 pm
exAC

Mine is still here on the desk:

"Within or between Canada and the Continental U.S.A."

"Valid on AC, AC connectors, Canadian Airlines[????], and Canadian Regional [????]

ps I passed 70,000 on the outbound of my trip and the cert was waiting when I got home.

Old Sep 25, 2001, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Rats... No playa, no cerveza, no tequila. no Republica de Mexico.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.