Search

MLL lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2011, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
MLL lounge in FRA

Merry Christmas to everyone!

I found out that the MLL Lounge in FRA discussed a while ago is true: yesterday, while making a rush connection from AC844 to a Lufthansa flight, the AC concierge walking me through B 41-45 Concourse, when we passed by the upstairs old LH Senator lounge site, pointed to me that this would be the new MLL lounge after conversion completed in April 2012. The completion date is delayed because the ceiling had to be redone as well.

Not sure the MLL will keep the same area of the old entire Senator site. Or will keep the food choices as the Senator lounge did (better not stock everything with the current celery/carrot and canned salty mushroom soup). But I am very excited to see it in person.

Last edited by lespoir; Dec 25, 2011 at 1:46 am Reason: Adding more words
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:07 am

Is this exciting news? MLL lounges are nothing special...
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: AC*S, Delta Skymiles
This is indeed wonderful news - another (hopefully better) lounge option in a busy European transfer city.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:26 am

Programs: AC E50
a thought ...

Originally Posted by sp4294
If you were to ever get stranded in FRA for 13 hours like Mrs Chaptwo and I did last December and had to deal with the LH staff that essentially RAN from passengers, you'd be happy that you might have someone closer to home that might be there to listen to you.

I complain about MLL's as much as anyone, but to do it on the first post is hysterical at the first opportune moment after someone announces it. Can we at least go in it once before we all start screaming about the fact it's not good enough for us ? At least we might have somewhere to sit and actually have internet we don't have to pay for ...
Old Dec 25, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.461 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Who would pick an MLL when a Senator lounge is available?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by sp4294
Indeed that there is nothing to write home about. Deep inside, I still love to see Air Canada news, particularly when traveling overseas, feel good to see an Air Canada plane.

Very little Air Canada growth news, except all the depressing strikes, interruptions, frequent flyer cutbacks, lousy services.

This might be only a minor positive news, as AC only has 4 out-of-Canada MLL lounges (2 in Heathrow, 1 in Paris and 1 in Los Angles). This new FRA MLL lounge is still a baby step positive news.

Hopefully it is not as crowded as the former Senator lounge, while it matches the lounge service quality or can do better (my wishful dreaming).

As for the comment "who needs MLL when there is a Senator around?" we'll, at least we have some choices. The underline assumption is that as AC's top tier flyers, we do anticipate we receive better care or "home care" by Air Canada, than being an alien flyer to Lufthansa.

Yesterday I was almost stranded by the ridiculous Lufthansa electronic boarding machine (somehow the allowed 221 people to board an aircraft with only 216 seats).
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.461 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

people with a prestige guest pass perhaps?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chaptwo
If you were to ever get stranded in FRA for 13 hours like Mrs Chaptwo and I did last December and had to deal with the LH staff that essentially RAN from passengers, you'd be happy that you might have someone closer to home that might be there to listen to you.

I complain about MLL's as much as anyone, but to do it on the first post is hysterical at the first opportune moment after someone announces it. Can we at least go in it once before we all start screaming about the fact it's not good enough for us ? At least we might have somewhere to sit and actually have internet we don't have to pay for ...
Not sure what the circumstances were. But I have never had serious issues with LH staff. Mind you, not normally with AC either.

As to lounges, not convinced that LH Senator lounges are that much better than Maple Leaf. True that the new Senator at FRA is nice. But the old one was quite cramped. I would think if AC opens an MLL, it will be competitive.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 11:32 am

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do they still have paid T-Mo wifi in the SEN lounge? It's been a while...
Old Dec 25, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Arrival Lounges in FRA? for AC passengers once MLL opens?

I wonder if this lounge will be accessible as an arrival lounge, if one is not departing or transiting through FRA.

Ideally, I would like AC to arrange with LH for its business class passengers to have access to its FRA arrival lounge, as is the case now for LX, UA, and CO business class passengers (in addition to LH passengers).
Old Dec 25, 2011, 2:37 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by lespoir
[...] yesterday, while making a rush connection from AC844 to a Lufthansa flight, the AC concierge walking me through B 41-45 Concourse, [...]
Sorry to take this off topic, but did you ask for the concierge to help you out, or did one just show up at the gate knowing you had a close connection? No concierge at FRA has ever helped me with a close connection.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC*E50k, AvisFirst, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by ylwae
Sorry to take this off topic, but did you ask for the concierge to help you out, or did one just show up at the gate knowing you had a close connection? No concierge at FRA has ever helped me with a close connection.
I've had the assistance unsolicited, even before I was SE (although as a paid J, I guess I was equally entitled)
Old Dec 25, 2011, 4:10 pm

Programs: SEMM,SPG Plat
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do they still have paid T-Mo wifi in the SEN lounge? It's been a while...
Last time I was there I thought it was free.

What does having a MLL in FRA do for us? Just another lounge to go to and I am guessing would take a little pressure off the LH ones. Does this mean that they will deny us entrance to SEN lounges?
Old Dec 25, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
As long as the SEN lounge is a designated *G lounge, they can't deny AC*SE and AC*E members entry.
Old Dec 25, 2011, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat

Considering my last three trips through FRA -- when not using the FCT -- I have found it impossible to find a seat in the vastly overcrowded Senator and Business lounges. Pier A is particularly bad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.