Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLL lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 10:22 am

Location: YYC; would like to return to living in SIN (or PER)
Programs: SQ KF, QFF
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Probably not, for non-status customers in the J cabin the MLL will be an alternative to LH's Business Lounge. By the way, the SEN Lounges do have free internet these days, too.
This; plus as an MLL, the lounge will be accessible to one-time pass holders and the E- level that AC will be introducing for 2013.

Still, I'd rather use the SEN lounges when in FRA.

TB-ES
Old May 28, 2012, 12:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
hopefully all the non-enthusiastic comments will be channeled through to Air Canada, and by the time the MLL-FRA opens, we are all surprised by the its quality of food, space arrangement, and service, beating LH Senators.

Nice to dream about something.
Old May 28, 2012, 3:39 pm

Location: YYC; would like to return to living in SIN (or PER)
Programs: SQ KF, QFF
Originally Posted by lespoir
hopefully all the non-enthusiastic comments will be channeled through to Air Canada, and by the time the MLL-FRA opens, we are all surprised by the its quality of food, space arrangement, and service, beating LH Senators.

Nice to dream about something.
Well, there are two contradictory forces at play here:

1) Will the FRA MLL generate enough revenue (or save the money going to LH from the AC E/SE using SEN lounges) to justify its rent, vs.

2) Is AC really going to fit out a lounge that competes with the new SEN lounges in FRA, when the YYZ / YUL MLL are nowhere near that standard?

We'll see what happens; if I'm in FRA on a *A connection after it opens, I might take a tour. I do think 2) is going to win out, though - as I said in my earlier post, it will probably be catering primarily to E- / MLL pass holders, as I can't see them making it more attractive the the SEN lounges to any *G holders.

TB-ES

Last edited by The Blue-Eyed Sheikh; May 28, 2012 at 3:39 pm Reason: repeated signature
Old Jun 14, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE
Been through FRA T1-B 3 times in the past three weeks and on two different occasions, I have asked different AC ground staff (looked like contracted) when the MLL would open; they both said by October 2012.

In the meantime, I got a few chances to get a few massages/showers and sleep in the back behind the bar in the Senator lounge by B43

Hope someone can corroborate that info.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Any updates on this? Friend will be passing thru FRA with a 5 hour layover in early November with Prestige MLL lounge passes in hand, would be nice if this was opened by then....
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:36 am

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Any news? I will be going back on Wed Oct 3 from VIE to YOW via FRA - I will have a 3+ hour layover - I want to compare the MLL to a Senator's Lounge.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 7:05 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC
MLL lounge in FRA true

Nope, it hasn't opened yet and there are no signs of it being opened any time soon. In fact all signs that used to be there indicating that the former LH lounge will be transformed into a MLL are gone. Enjoy the LH SEN lounge at Gate B42 instead.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 7:03 am

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
pity you

Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Any news? I will be going back on Wed Oct 3 from VIE to YOW via FRA - I will have a 3+ hour layover - I want to compare the MLL to a Senator's Lounge.
I pity you connecting in FRA. Every flight begins/ends with a bus ride to the terminal. Don't rush to disembark! The bus waits for every pax. before heading to the terminal. I had a 2 h connection EDI-FRA-CPH last month, and most of my time was spent riding buses! I never did make it to the Senator Lounge since it was in another terminal (I was traveling on SAS).

The only good news is the Senator Tower lounge. The food is great, and its worth the trek (its in the same terminal as UA flights to NA, whereas AC departs from another terminal). You need to allow 30 minutes to get to your YOW departure, since its back to the bus.............
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:53 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by ACflyerDE
Nope, it hasn't opened yet and there are no signs of it being opened any time soon. In fact all signs that used to be there indicating that the former LH lounge will be transformed into a MLL are gone. Enjoy the LH SEN lounge at Gate B42 instead.
I have communicated to a FRA concierge - date is approx Dec sometime.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I pity you connecting in FRA. Every flight begins/ends with a bus ride to the terminal. Don't rush to disembark! The bus waits for every pax. before heading to the terminal. I had a 2 h connection EDI-FRA-CPH last month, and most of my time was spent riding buses! I never did make it to the Senator Lounge since it was in another terminal (I was traveling on SAS).

The only good news is the Senator Tower lounge. The food is great, and its worth the trek (its in the same terminal as UA flights to NA, whereas AC departs from another terminal). You need to allow 30 minutes to get to your YOW departure, since its back to the bus.............
You are right - which flights go right up to the gate, in FRA.

I totally forgot about the Senator Tower Lounge. Is the food all that different from any other FRA Senator Lounge?

Which terminal bulding does AC use? Which terminal building is the Senator Tower Lounge. Can one go between these 2 areas, without going through passport control, or security control?
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

I totally forgot about the Senator Tower Lounge. Is the food all that different from any other FRA Senator Lounge?

Which terminal bulding does AC use? Which terminal building is the Senator Tower Lounge. Can one go between these 2 areas, without going through passport control, or security control?
The food is pretty similar in all the SEN lounges.

The Tower Lounge is in concourse A. AC flights usually depart form gates B4x and the new SEN lounge (by far the nicest IMO) is located maybe 50m away near gate B42.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 4:23 pm

Programs: AC SE 1MM, UA 1K, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Gold Elite, Hertz PC

AC uses Terminal 1 like all other Star Alliance carriers. AC's gates are in area B of Terminal 1 and they usually use gates B41-B48. Occasionally you do get a bus gate but obviously they use a number of buses and it is a fairly painless process. There is a pretty new SEN lounge next to gate B42 which is pretty nice and recommended to use when you are flying AC and hold *G status.

The Tower Lounge is in Terminal 1 area A/Z, I believe it is a Business Lounge, not a SEN lounge, but I may be wrong on this. I don't recall any shortcomings in respect of food compared with other LH lounges in FRA. You cannot get there from area B without going through passport control and possibly security twice. The pedestrian tunnel connecting area A and B is in the Schengen-flight area begore passport control.

If I were you, I would skip the visit to the Tower Lounge until you have a flight departing from a gate close by and for now enjoy the SEN lounge at B42.

Last edited by ACflyerDE; Sep 29, 2012 at 4:28 pm
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:20 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
AC839 (YOW) is not always board by bus - it is frequently one of the B4X gates as well. The B42 SEN lounge is good in either case - you are a short walk from B5X if you are boarding by bus, and the lounge is nicer than any MLL in existence.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 5:41 pm

Is it actually true that the signs have been removed? It sounds like there must be a story here. Rent the space, put up signs, delay it by months, then after a year of preparations change your mind and pull down the signs? I wonder what changed. Or if it was all a negotiating ploy to get better terms out of LH for the use of the LH lounges. Or who knows?

I was pretty impressed by the LH business lounge in B so it does seem unnecessary to build a new lounge in the same area. Unless LH said their lounges were already at capacity (which by all accounts they often are) or AC thought people would appreciate being able to speak to AC staff in the lounge (except that LHR is the only MLL I've seen agents in which sometimes is pretty frustrating).
Old Sep 29, 2012, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by zkzkz
Is it actually true that the signs have been removed? It sounds like there must be a story here. Rent the space, put up signs, delay it by months, then after a year of preparations change your mind and pull down the signs? I wonder what changed. Or if it was all a negotiating ploy to get better terms out of LH for the use of the LH lounges. Or who knows?
Yes, all AC signs are gone, I walked by it less than two weeks ago. Before the work really started, you could still see the yellow LH entrance door etc., now there is a white wooden wall hiding everything behind it and no indication of what is going on.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.