Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan award flight booking/ticketing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:46 am
Original Poster

I booked my award flight 2 days ago, what I see in my Aeroplan account now is only the booking reference number , but no ticket number (status - unticketed), and I haven't received any e-ticket yet. My card was charged the same day (airport taxes). Is this normal?!
Old Jan 19, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
Check on aircanada.com to see if your itinerary has been ticketed.

Go to manage my bookings - enter a single reference #
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:16 am
Original Poster

thanks, i did that - the status is "Unticketed"...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: AC*E50, DL*SM, JMB
If status shows as ''Unticketed'', then chances are that your credit card was not charged yet. It's better to call AC Reservations and check with them. If the cc was not chaged yet, they will charge it and status will then change from ''Unticketed'' to ''Ticketed electronically''.

Some other FTers experienced problems at time of booking an award as they got some ''internal server error'' and their card was not charged. If it's not your case, a call to AC Reservations will arrange it.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: AC E75, SPG Plat, HH peon-by-choice (ex Gold)
Sometimes it's unticketed because of some extra taxes that weren't originally added.

As others have said, give Aeroplan a call to sort it out.
Old Mar 16, 2011, 10:54 pm

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
i booked a reward flight today and when i look at it under manage rewards its Status shows up as 'Unticketed'

i called Aeroplan twice and the first time they say the charges went through and everything is good, the second time they said there's a hold which will be released tomorrow

when i view my booking on ac.com, i get Ticket Status: Set up for Ticket By Mail

should i be more patient or is there any cause for concern, weird thing is after i booked this reward flight using my points, i used my parent's account to book another reward using the same CC and that one got ticketed almost immediately (though it was a one way and the one with the problem is a return flight)

any ideas? TIA
Old Mar 16, 2011, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If there is a reservation and the trip is not very shortly, I would not worry. Give them time to issue the ticket, what's the rush?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:24 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

I wouldn't worry about this. Some bookings have to be queued for manual ticketing hence the short delay but eventually it'll be issued. Your booking is safe since space is confirmed. If there's any specific bookings you want me to double check, feel free to send them to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.