Search

77W Underseat AVOD box

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
77W Underseat AVOD box

I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer to this:

Is seat guru accurate that the underseat AVOD box is located under the B,D,E,J, and K seats on the 77W?

I'm traveling with my wife and 2 year old son and would love to choose a set of three seats with only one underseat box.

Thanks!
Old May 5, 2010, 4:23 pm

I have never been on that aircraft type but I was under the impression that on all AC aircraft the boxes are located undereath the floor and not the seats. I could be wrong though.
Old May 5, 2010, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
The Achilles heel of this fleet is the damn underseat boxes which severely restrict leg room. All the seats noted inflict this pain and suffering on passengers. Sometimes you have to wonder about those who design and approve such things!
Old May 5, 2010, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
I made the mistake of flying from CDG to YUL on a 77W instead of YYZ on an 763, mistakenly thinking the 77W would be a nicer, newer plane. Instead I had no place to put my legs.
Fortunately, the 333's don't have the box, but I can't sit with my legs straight, I have to spread my legs wide to get my knees to fit behind the seat. Hopefully nobody will think I'm Larry Craig and bust me for having a "wide stance"
Old May 5, 2010, 6:35 pm

what is an avod box? The 777 upfront have plenty of room to stretch your legs. Seating on an angle is unusual and seats are hard otherwise bearable.
Old May 5, 2010, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Shareholder
The Achilles heel of this fleet is the damn underseat boxes which severely restrict leg room. All the seats noted inflict this pain and suffering on passengers. Sometimes you have to wonder about those who design and approve such things!

+1 esp when this type of plane is typically deployed on long haul routes
Old May 5, 2010, 7:22 pm

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
I have not ever been affected by the AVOD box. They are under the floor as all the AC fleet AVOD systems are.
Old May 6, 2010, 9:54 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
Every SQ flight I have been on...

....has had AVOD boxes on the floor...I know make a point of booking my seat far far away...but it took me 3 o/w's to figure this out....duh!
Old May 6, 2010, 10:37 am

Programs: AP*SE, SPG Plat, HH Diamond, FPC Plat, Hyatt Diamond
On the AC 777s the AVOD boxes (in Y) are definitely NOT under the floor, or at least they weren't when the aircraft first entered service. Much like Jagboi, I flew YYZ-LHR on a brand new 777 (3 yrs ago?) thinking it'd be great, and thanks to that box, I've avoided it like the plague ever since. And I'm only 5'8"!

For the OP, sorry I don't remember which seats had the boxes. However, I was in D, my husband in E, and both of those did have them.
Old May 6, 2010, 10:49 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by work2fly
I searched and searched and couldn't find the answer to this:

Is seat guru accurate that the underseat AVOD box is located under the B,D,E,J, and K seats on the 77W?

I'm traveling with my wife and 2 year old son and would love to choose a set of three seats with only one underseat box.

Thanks!
As I recall, I think seat guru has it backwards for AC. I remember cursing myself almost every time I pick an A seat on a 77W. If you look at the groups of 3 from behind, I'm pretty sure the box is under the left two seats.

Maybe we could ask YYZ/SD to take a look see next flight?

Hans
Old May 6, 2010, 11:20 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by hjohnson
As I recall, I think seat guru has it backwards for AC. I remember cursing myself almost every time I pick an A seat on a 77W. If you look at the groups of 3 from behind, I'm pretty sure the box is under the left two seats.
I was in J and K and the box was there.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
D for sure and from sad experience.
Old May 6, 2010, 11:45 pm

Programs: AC*P, SPG
All the more reason to aim for the bulkheads when flying in Y on an AC 77W.
Old May 9, 2010, 2:42 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
What about the executive first in 77W? Any AVOD boxes there that would restrict leg room?
Old May 9, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG
What about the executive first in 77W? Any AVOD boxes there that would restrict leg room?
No. You are in lie-flat pod. Leg room is not an issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.