Search

Hotel in Lagos

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2008, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Hotel in Lagos

I need a new hotel in Lagos....

I am fed up with the Eko and the Protea is very expensive.

Does anyone know of a new 4-5 star hotel thats semi decent?
Old Apr 3, 2008, 3:23 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by arir
I need a new hotel in Lagos....

I am fed up with the Eko and the Protea is very expensive.

Does anyone know of a new 4-5 star hotel thats semi decent?
The Sheraton in Ikeja
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by comotu1
The Sheraton in Ikeja
New??? Semi-decent???
Old Apr 5, 2008, 7:03 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion
Originally Posted by B747-437B
New??? Semi-decent???
The Sheraton in Ikeja is not new. It is decent though, I don't know what their rates are.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: Starwood
Sofitel hotel is another good option or any other hotels you feel might be decent on the Lagos Island area.....

do ask to see the rooms 1st....
Old Jun 16, 2010, 4:03 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
I've found a gem in Ikeja GRA - it's called the House J - a superb boutique hotel. The website is crappy and the pictures do no justice to the place. The bedrooms resemble a Radisson SAS (dark woods, stylish minimal etc., good a/c, flatscreen TV with the usual satellite stations and a clean bathroom with clean water and a selection of shampoos, conditioners etc.), there's a nice bar (no whores), a small but perfectly clean pool and gym. Wireless is free and is fast enough by Lagos standards (i.e. pretty damn slow). There's a small restaurant with a reasonable menu. Rates seem to be in the order of 20-40k Naira p/n.

The is a very good Chinese restaurant just 2 minutes around the corner.

In VI, there is a small place called the Michael Lodge not far from the Eko or Protea - but not in any way competition for those pleasant hotels; It's a kind of 2-3* place: the rooms are clean, modern, comfortable and spacious in the building to the left. Bathrooms are ok, but I'm not convinced about the water. DO NOT accept a room by the pool - they are nasty, as is the pool itself. There is a lively bar and restaurant to the right; the food is very good and reasonably priced, considering this is VI. Eat upstairs, if you don't want company by the hour - the bar gets quite busy with the trade , but the atmosphere is good as is the music.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Jul 19, 2010 at 7:21 am
Old Jun 17, 2010, 1:57 pm

Programs: IC.Spire Amb. Turkish Elite
The new 5 stars Intercontinental Hotel is scheduled for completion by the end of the year.Its located in VI. Nineteen floors, 361 rooms.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 3:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
What's the best hotel in Lagos regarding service, rooms and security?
Old Jul 13, 2010, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by mapu
What's the best hotel in Lagos regarding service, rooms and security?
There's no simple answer to that question. All of the decent hotels will have suitable security. Lagos is the kinda town where price is a reasonable indicator of what you're looking for. Not a great indicator, but a reasonable one.

I do like the Proteas, but they are pricey.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 7:19 am

And hot on the heels of my last comment - does anyone have anything to say about the Best Western hotel on Bar Beach?
Old Aug 6, 2010, 3:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
I'm very OK with the Sheraton - it's been on the map long enough to have settled into a routine which provides a pretty good level service.

Location is crucial, and Ikeja is pretty much central to most of the places I need to be, and handy for the airport.

If your work centres on VI then you are clearly better off staying there. And it's a fine place to be (finer still if you are getting helicoptered in and out).
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:08 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
I've stayed at the Federal Palace (South African chain) a few times. It's a new hotel and a very decent property in terms of facilities and service. Check it out next time you're in Lagos.

For more information please check out"

http://www.suninternational.com/Dest...s/default.aspx

Last edited by BEYFlyer; Aug 6, 2010 at 4:24 am Reason: Added link.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 1:13 pm

This project was on a budget, so there was no chance of staying at the Protea or the other named hotels - and it had to be VI this time.

'De Island Best Western Hotel' is a good 4* hotel - and I will be back. I have written a short report here.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Aug 6, 2010 at 1:29 pm
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Is Lagos really THAT dangerous for individual business travelers? I have traveled throughout Africa, but hear a lot of bad things about Lagos. Is it recommended to have my hotel pick me up and drop me off vs. taking a taxi? Im thinking of either the Sofitel or Sheraton and am looking for something nice.

Does anyone have an email address for the general manager or marketing manager at the Sheraton?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 8:46 am

Lagos is not THAT dangerous. However, when bad things happen, they tend to be the worst kind of bad things. If your face is not local, it will attract attention - and it's rarely the kind of attention you are actively seeking.

As to being collected, the short answer is YES, hotel, client, whoever, as long as you can verify that they are who they are supposed to be, when arriving at LOS int'l terminal - the place is a zoo. Otherwise you have no way of knowing who is driving you, where they will take you and how much money they will 'extract' from you, one way or the other. And this is never truer after dark - as the roads can be dangerous.

As to the two hotels, I have no contacts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.