Search

Transfer times Jomo Kenyatta?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Transfer times Jomo Kenyatta?

Hiya,

We will be departing NBO on a British Airways flight to London which leaves at 00:30 on the 8th Jan. This flight leaves from terminal 1B at NBO airport. We will be arriving into NBO from Zanzibar and there are 2 flight options. One which gets us in approx. 6 hours before the BA flight and one which gets us in approx. 3 hours before the BA flight. The airline (Precision Air) arrives into terminal 1A. Given that we can't connect our flights - we need to pick up bags, get to terminal 1B and recheck in for the BA flight - does anyone have any advice on how much time we should give ourselves? Would 3 hours end up being a rush?

Thanks!

Caz
Old Aug 28, 2017, 2:56 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Moving thread to the FT Africa Forum
Please follow there...
thanks...
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Aug 28, 2017, 3:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by Cazmantis
Hiya,

We will be departing NBO on a British Airways flight to London which leaves at 00:30 on the 8th Jan. This flight leaves from terminal 1B at NBO airport. We will be arriving into NBO from Zanzibar and there are 2 flight options. One which gets us in approx. 6 hours before the BA flight and one which gets us in approx. 3 hours before the BA flight. The airline (Precision Air) arrives into terminal 1A. Given that we can't connect our flights - we need to pick up bags, get to terminal 1B and recheck in for the BA flight - does anyone have any advice on how much time we should give ourselves? Would 3 hours end up being a rush?

Thanks!

Caz
Sadly Precision Air is not precise and not inmune to delays and other hick ups. I would personally not risk it. Also a lot of packed flights leave between 10:00pm and 01:00am so it is busy actually with a lot of international traffic. You should be able to do it but NBO is not a place you want to get stranded at 00:30am.

I would take the earlier flight. The new part of the airport is not to bad so I would have diner there.

My 2cents!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 9:33 am

In a good day 3 hours is plenty, you will have to wait/queue multiple times:
1. Entry immigration (+visa on arrival if needed)
2. Wait for bags to come out
3. Security at terminal entrance
4. Check-in
5. Immigration + Security

It is indeed busy time in NBO, and I do agree that it's not the best place to get stranded, but I wouldn't necessary not take the later flight if there was a compelling reason to, it all depends on your plans for that day.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold
Thanks everyone for your replies so far - and for moving my post to the correct forum! It's all been useful info thus far :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.