Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Permethrin Spray Botswana

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2017, 8:53 am
Original Poster

Permethrin Spray Botswana

We are staying a a 5 star resort in Chobe National Park. Is it really necessary to spray my clothes with this? It was reccommended by Passport Health but I'm not super sure I need it. We will be visiting at the end of June 2017.

Any information on this would be appreciated.
Old May 3, 2017, 11:28 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by Kellie Taylor
We are staying a a 5 star resort in Chobe National Park. Is it really necessary to spray my clothes with this? It was reccommended by Passport Health but I'm not super sure I need it. We will be visiting at the end of June 2017.

Any information on this would be appreciated.
Welcome to Flyertalk.

It's my understanding that malaria-carrying mosquitoes are found in Chobe National Park. Even if you are taking malaria medicine, mosquito bites can be quite uncomfortable so I'd highly recommend it.
Old May 3, 2017, 12:21 pm
Community Director Emerita

I'd go prepared and make the decision once there. We were in Chobe in December with mosquito repellant wipes in hand. I'm happy to report we did not get a single mosquito bite. (We took our full course of antimalarial pills regardless.)
Old May 3, 2017, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

I have found the spray at walmart I will go ahead and take the precaution just to be on the safe side. And I will pack the deet wipes as well. I can get them both really cheap at walmart. Passport Health has the same brands for double the price.
Old May 31, 2017, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Part 2....What to bring

Hello Again,

I'm leaving in 2 weeks and I have no idea what to pack. It has been said that neutral colors are best? I would love to hear your response to that.

I have heard mornings and nights are kinda cool and the middle of the day is the warmest.

Any input would be appreciated, I am thinking about athletic gear for game drives if i can find the right colors and then Jeans and shorts around the resort.
Really confused about the color stuff I am a bright color person.
Old May 31, 2017, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kellie Taylor
Really confused about the color stuff I am a bright color person.
If you are only going on game drives or river cruises, you can wear whatever you like. They animals couldn't care less, and whether you want to worry about what other people think is up to you.

If you are going on bush walks, however, I would strongly recommend drab olive or khaki clothing. White is to be avoided at all costs.

Johan

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.