Wiki Posts
Search

Visa on arrival still available at NBO?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2016, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Visa on arrival still available at NBO?

I applied online for single entry e-visas for Kenya for my wife and me, but after nearly two weeks there has been no response and no visas. They did charge my credit card, however, so the application clearly went through. I've twice completed the online "Leave a message" feature, but no response to that, either.

I would appreciate any wisdom about two questions:

1. Is there any way to try to get the attention of the powers that be to find out what's up?

2. Is it still possible for U.S. citizens to get a visa on arrival at NBO? There are others traveling in our group and, given this experience, it seems obvious that it would be wise for them to wait and get the visa on arrival if that's an option.

Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA PLT, HH Gold, FM Prem, SPG gold
I applied for two e-visas online in March 2016. One was approved (and received notification of such) within minutes. The second (mine) was approved about 24 hours later, but I was never notified. I only discovered its approval after poking around my account and finding the document ready to be printed.

Hope that solves your issue, but regarding VOA, maybe.

When I landed the process was a bit of a mess. The first line said evisa and when I got to the front I was told this line wasn't for me since I already had an evisa. I gathered from the process of that line it may have been a VOA line. It wound up taking me four lines before I was finally processed.

Good luck and enjoy Kenya.
Old Aug 28, 2016, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

rivlinm,

You were exactly right. I clicked on more seemingly unrelated things on the Kenya evisa website and lo and behold, the visas were there and downloadable. Now I just need to figure out which line to choose on arrival!

Many thanks.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 1:26 am

Programs: UA 1K
Sounds like rivlinm has already cleared up the notification question.

Stand in the "eVisa" line, but expect the process and wait to be a complete mess and then be pleasantly surprised if it is not.

Not applicable to OP, but visa on arrival is definitely still available. They even had cash rates posted in $, £, and € when I landed a week ago.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 3:26 am
Original Poster

Checking on current status of visa on arrival

After the kind help I got last year, I'd like to update my question:

Along with the challenges of my e-visa experience last year at NBO, I saw that my traveling companions had no trouble whatsoever completing the application on arrival for a single-entry tourist visa to Kenya. Their only delay was in completing the application form in the arrivals hall. I noticed that some had apparently downloaded Form 22 and completed it in advance, allowing them to go straight to the visa queue, ahead of all those who had to fill out the form, since they don't hand it out on the KLM flight.

I assume that's still the situation, six months later. Does anyone know if Form 22 is still the form in use?

Thanks!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:20 pm

Yes. Tip - if you don't download it then pick one up and fill it in whilst stood in the queue.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, simons1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.