Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Africa > Africa
Reload this Page >

Dar Es Salam Airport to Kilimanjaro Airport on Points?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2016, 8:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Any possible way to get the flight on points?
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
Skyteam points on Kenya airways.
Or more crazy - star alliance points with Ethiopian.
Or sell points, and use the money to buy a cash ticket.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 12:41 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Excellent, thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:42 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Just to add to benberg's advice - either KQ or ET would involve substantial detours.

The direct flights on Precision or FastJet are c $50, so why would you even think about miles??
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:47 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
Just to add to benberg's advice - either KQ or ET would involve substantial detours.

The direct flights on Precision or FastJet are c $50, so why would you even think about miles??
Are those safe airlines? When I hear names like FastJet, it just doesn't sound right.
Old Jul 8, 2016, 2:55 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by TMM1982
Are those safe airlines? When I hear names like FastJet, it just doesn't sound right.
Safe is all relative.

You're still far more likely to get killed driving to/from the airport than in a plane crash, even with some of the really dodgy African airlines (and these two aren't in that bracket).

They *are* more likely to cancel/reroute or otherwise bugger around with the flight timings than KQ or ET, but for $50, you can always buy another ticket at the airport. And (from experience) when you lodge a chargeback with the credit card company, they don't respond and you will get your money back.

I would choose either one without hesitation, but with a plan b in mind in case the flight gets cancelled.
Old Jul 30, 2016, 8:35 am

Location: usually somewhere between 30000 and 40000 feet...but actually the English countryside
Programs: BA GGL/Lifetime Gold, EK Gold, Lowly M&M, Marriott tit, Hhonors Diamond, numerous others
Fast jet are OK, have used them several times for inter Tanz flights with no issues at all other than being a bit pedantic about size of hand luggage
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:37 am

Took Fastjet from JNB to DAR last year return. Had no issues, seemed well run. If I recall, Fastjet was a start up by previous execs of Easy Jet in Europe.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 2:22 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Fastjet is a London Stock Exchange listed company that was founded at least partly with Funds from Stelios, the man who founded Easyjet.

He remains Fastjets biggest single investor.

From what little I know of their operation they do try to run it to European standards!
Old Aug 29, 2016, 9:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG PLAT, HYATT PLAT, HH GOLD, AA GOLD, MR GOLD
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac

Very helpful thank you.

Also I assume they can fly to Serengeti?
Old Oct 18, 2016, 4:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Excellent, thanks.
Fly Fastjet. Cheaper and more reliable then Kenya's local TZ airline, precissionair,

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.